Al Jazeera In America

http://blogs.aljazeera.net/americas/2011/0...jazeera-america"With so many American networks quoting Al Jazeera, Americans can't help but wonder why they can't get the same information straight from the source. People are finding AJE online. Web traffic increased 2,500 per cent in the last couple weeks - 2,500 per cent!!""...only a handful of cities – Washington DC, Toledo, Ohio, and Brattleboro, Vermont - actually broadcast the full, English version of Al Jazeera....the US military did bomb Al Jazeera bureaus in Baghdad and Kabul, Afghanistan, killing a journalist. The US government claimed it was an accident, but they can't deny that the Bush administration had publically accused Al Jazeera of propaganda, fuelling the misperception that the network is somehow affiliated with al-Qaeda.Someone circulated the outright and oft-repeated lie that the channel showed beheadings.No wonder Americans have been suspicious. And they aren't allowed to see for themselves."---------------------Have people in America finally opened their eyes to the truth, that this is a respected new organisation?It really is quite funny how some people still cling to outdated myths and lies about AJ, don't they realize how foolish they look?
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is quite funny how some people ... don't they realize how foolish they look?
This is all I got out of that.Just kidding, I think different viewpoints are different. I don't consider them more accurate or anything, just another view from another part of the world, sort of like reading opinions from weird places like Somalia or France.

I read Al Jazeera whenever I want to read up on what the mouthpiece of Al Qaeda is bullshitting about today.

Al Jazeera torched America's news coverage of the Egyptian Revolution. From an objective standpoint, they absolutely embarrassed us. Any other Middle Eastern revolutions should be covered exclusively by Al Jazeera. I haven't watched enough to know how they cover the rest of the world, but their coverage of this conflict was absolutely outstanding from a journalistic standpoint. Every American news outlet should aspire to what they did.

Have people in America finally opened their eyes to the truth, that this is a respected new organisation?It really is quite funny how some people still cling to outdated myths and lies about AJ, don't they realize how foolish they look?
I was astonished by the fact that AJE would report a news story, then 2-3 hours later, CNN would report it as "breaking news." They ran circles around our media.
I was astonished by the fact that AJE would report a news story, then 2-3 hours later, CNN would report it as "breaking news." They ran circles around our media.
When you don't have to worry about it being true, you can report stories much faster.But any 'news' organization that gladly shows the videos of radical muslims beheading women aid workers, and has an open line of communication to Osama Bin Hiding is just a propaganda machine, not a news organization.Getting it right is the exception, not the rule with AJ
When you don't have to worry about it being true, you can report stories much faster.But any 'news' organization that gladly shows the videos of radical muslims beheading women aid workers, and has an open line of communication to Osama Bin Hiding is just a propaganda machine, not a news organization.Getting it right is the exception, not the rule with AJ
lol u obviously don't have a clue. maybe one day u will stop believing ur governments lies.edit: oops, wrong account.
lol u obviously don't have a clue. maybe one day u will stop believing ur governments lies.
Haha..we republicans WRITE the lies. So we know exactly what is real and not.
I read Al Jazeera whenever I want to read up on what the mouthpiece of Al Qaeda is bullshitting about today.
from the article...and the actual text excerpts I posted:"...Bush administration had publically accused Al Jazeera of propaganda, fuelling the misperception that the network is somehow affiliated with al-Qaeda."i guess if u r determined to believe lies and myths.....sigh.
When you don't have to worry about it being true, you can report stories much faster.
not like western media, right?
But any 'news' organization that gladly shows the videos of radical muslims beheading women aid workers, and has an open line of communication to Osama Bin Hiding is just a propaganda machine, not a news organization.
from the article...and the actual text excerpts I posted:"Someone circulated the outright and oft-repeated lie that the channel showed beheadings."again, another idiot who chooses to remain an ignorant lemming. u guys should realise by now how wrong you are..it's getting embarrassing.
Getting it right is the exception, not the rule with AJ
and since u never watch/read the news they report, how would u know this? oh, just another example of your child-like mentality.u r a caricature of all feeble-minded, ignorant and uneducated people in the US. not saying all americans are like this, but u r.to the others, yes, the reports were outstanding. hopefully americans who want to educate themselves (rather than being told what to think, and then blindly following) will take some time to explore the other news articles, etc on the site. they really do report on what a majority of the world truly cares about. after all, they report on and have in-depth analysis on a far broader range of world topics than american media.
Al Jazeera torched America's news coverage of the Egyptian Revolution. From an objective standpoint, they absolutely embarrassed us. Any other Middle Eastern revolutions should be covered exclusively by Al Jazeera. I haven't watched enough to know how they cover the rest of the world, but their coverage of this conflict was absolutely outstanding from a journalistic standpoint. Every American news outlet should aspire to what they did.
I think they are a fairly good news org too. It's important for news media to have a competition towards credibility. I
from the article...and the actual text excerpts I posted:"...Bush administration had publically accused Al Jazeera of propaganda, fuelling the misperception that the network is somehow affiliated with al-Qaeda."i guess if u r determined to believe lies and myths.....sigh.not like western media, right?from the article...and the actual text excerpts I posted:"Someone circulated the outright and oft-repeated lie that the channel showed beheadings."again, another idiot who chooses to remain an ignorant lemming. u guys should realise by now how wrong you are..it's getting embarrassing.and since u never watch/read the news they report, how would u know this? oh, just another example of your child-like mentality.u r a caricature of all feeble-minded, ignorant and uneducated people in the US. not saying all americans are like this, but u r.to the others, yes, the reports were outstanding. hopefully americans who want to educate themselves (rather than being told what to think, and then blindly following) will take some time to explore the other news articles, etc on the site. they really do report on what a majority of the world truly cares about. after all, they report on and have in-depth analysis on a far broader range of world topics than american media.
All I need to know about them is that you find their news to be true.Knowing what you believe, this tells me that they are liars who only show one side of the story, and that side is whichever make Israel and the US look bad.But when Al Qeada needs a mouthpiece, they know AJ will put their propaganda at the top of their news.Useful idiots.
But any 'news' organization that gladly shows the videos of radical muslims beheading women aid workers, and has an open line of communication to Osama Bin Hiding is just a propaganda machine, not a news organization.
I totally remember watching those videos on Al Jazeera. Muslims are sick.
I totally remember watching those videos on Al Jazeera. Muslims are sick.
All in is an idiot.Those of you who dismiss Al Jazeera out of hand are showing a lot of ignorance of it's content. Their English version has some really good in depth reporting from the Middle East and Africa probably becasue they have more resources in the area than anybody else.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera
Contrary to some allegations, including the oft-reported comments of Donald Rumsfeld on 4 June 2005, Al Jazeera has never shown beheadings. (Beheadings have appeared on numerous non-Al Jazeera websites and have sometimes been misattributed to Al Jazeera.)[73]
All in is an idiot.Those of you who dismiss Al Jazeera out of hand are showing a lot of ignorance of it's content. Their English version has some really good in depth reporting from the Middle East and Africa probably becasue they have more resources in the area than anybody else.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera
I felt the same way, but I would have expressed it: ...
aw, bless your heart

^^^^^^^^^^^You got me.I sometimes forget that you have some first hand experience in that part of the World.You must admit though that your joking statements are pretty consistent with a lot of people who share your political and religious beliefs.

All in is an idiot.Those of you who dismiss Al Jazeera out of hand are showing a lot of ignorance of it's content. Their English version has some really good in depth reporting from the Middle East and Africa probably becasue they have more resources in the area than anybody else.
It is one thing to be CNN or Fox and lean a certain direction. It is another to flat out lie about Israel to inflame a blood thirsty populous.AJ could disappear and the world would be better for it.As I said, their getting it right sometimes doesn't excuse their willingness to be a mouthpiece for the millions of muslims that want to kill Israelis and Americans because their Iman told them they would get slaves in paradise for doing it.And by millions I am keeping in line with the PC line that the tiny fraction of muslims that are like this are less than 5% of all of them

AJE is one of the better English language news outlets in the world. I make fun of them because it's fun to push stereotypes and watch the monkeys mindlessly agree or disagree, but really. AJE is superb. They're significantly less a 'mouthpiece' for terrorist interest as the giant synagogue that is American media is for Zionist interests.

"This is Al-Jazeera. Thank you, Mohamed, for that weather report. Dry and sandy. Who knew? <vacuous chuckle> Now over to our Yemeni correspondent, Mahmoud, for a charming celebration of the birth of a donkey."Donkey PartyBut seriously, AJ is an awesome news source, even if they can't help slipping into the usual editorializing that most American stations do.

AJE is one of the better English language news outlets in the world. I make fun of them because it's fun to push stereotypes and watch the monkeys mindlessly agree or disagree, but really. AJE is superb. They're significantly less a 'mouthpiece' for terrorist interest as the giant synagogue that is American media is for Zionist interests.
I find US liberal media to go out of its way to show the other side of the Israeli issues, painting Israel in the worst light possible.Hillary hugs the wife of PLO leader = Reaching out to support their claimsIsrael retaliates suicide bombing by lobbing shells into terrorist camps = indiscriminate bombingBesides, I watch Fox News; They Report YOU Decide.

My name is aucu and I'm a news junky.I prefer Blomberg and the Economist for the straight up, CNN and Fox are in the mix but the editorial slant is obvious, I also follow AJ, RT (Russia Today) the editorial slants are variable but it's good to see how the story is being played "over there", Telesur (Hugo Chavez Channel) here the editorial slant meter is all the way over to propaganda machine, National Post (Canadian right Wing), The Globe and Mail (Canadian Left wing).