Pokerstars Bad Beat Lag

I just find it interesting when I'm in a pot with someone and a bad beat is about to come that the turn card lags and then river card lags even more. Pay attention to it and you'll see im right! Say im in a pot with Ak against A 10, board comes A 8 J and were both all in. Here comes this **** of a lag and he either hits a runner runner straight or a ten. Whenever I get a bad beat this lag is unbelievable for the turn and river You wont notice unless you luck properly. This lag only happens when a bad beat is about to come. It's like its "pre-programmed" to give a bad beat based on cards pre flop a percentage of the time and this would slow the turn and river.Ive said this to about ten poker friends and they all agree with me! I'll probably get abuse for this but look for urselfs!Oh yea forgot to mention this is for sit n go's only!

I just find it interesting when I'm in a pot with someone and a bad beat is about to come that the turn card lags and then river card lags even more. Pay attention to it and you'll see im right! Say im in a pot with Ak against A 10, board comes A 8 J and were both all in. Here comes this **** of a lag and he either hits a runner runner straight or a ten. Whenever I get a bad beat this lag is unbelievable for the turn and river You wont notice unless you luck properly. This lag only happens when a bad beat is about to come. It's like its "pre-programmed" to give a bad beat based on cards pre flop a percentage of the time and this would slow the turn and river.Ive said this to about ten poker friends and they all agree with me! I'll probably get abuse for this but look for urselfs!Oh yea forgot to mention this is for sit n go's only!
?How can you accept all allin without to see the tuurn?

He is right, I've seen the lag too. It's undeniable. I sent stars support a heated email demanding they explain this "lag frequency" in connection with bad beats. They pretty much admitted the there is a correlary inverse process in their system coding. In so many words they admit the lag happens when bad beats are happening, but state that the bad beats aren't 'pre-programmed' or anything. It's just that the processing has a natural ineffiency that causes a slight hiccup when processing bad beats. He followed up with their programming department who further noted that "the RNG has feelings" and state "the lag is actually the computer system because it feels bad dealing a bad beat, but since it's a computer it knows its coming a second before the users do". So the lag is the computer lamenting the action that it has to do next.

He is right, I've seen the lag too. It's undeniable. I sent stars support a heated email demanding they explain this "lag frequency" in connection with bad beats. They pretty much admitted the there is a correlary inverse process in their system coding. In so many words they admit the lag happens when bad beats are happening, but state that the bad beats aren't 'pre-programmed' or anything. It's just that the processing has a natural ineffiency that causes a slight hiccup when processing bad beats. He followed up with their programming department who further noted that "the RNG has feelings" and state "the lag is actually the computer system because it feels bad dealing a bad beat, but since it's a computer it knows its coming a second before the users do". So the lag is the computer lamenting the action that it has to do next.
finally someone explains it .. thanks for the helpful info max ,

Today I was playing a Sit'n'Go and I picked up an A and an A and the donk in the small blind shoved all in for lots of chips. I thought about what you posted before I called an all in. I debated folding but I mean sometimes you just have to take risks. Anyways. I called and he had a King and a King and I was probably a 90% favorite to win right there and to make me a 99.993% chance (iuf i did my math right) the flop was Ace Ten Six. Then there was this silly lag for a second and the turn was a Queen. I thought "man could this guy be right and the conspiracy be true?" and then sure enough on the river a Jack came giving the donk **** a straight. I am writing pokerstars to ask them why they feel like rewarding donks like him when he goes all in with King King and beatys my Ace Aec

Today I was playing a Sit'n'Go and I picked up an A and an A and the donk in the small blind shoved all in for lots of chips. I thought about what you posted before I called an all in. I debated folding but I mean sometimes you just have to take risks. Anyways. I called and he had a King and a King and I was probably a 90% favorite to win right there and to make me a 99.993% chance (iuf i did my math right) the flop was Ace Ten Six. Then there was this silly lag for a second and the turn was a Queen. I thought "man could this guy be right and the conspiracy be true?" and then sure enough on the river a Jack came giving the donk **** a straight. I am writing pokerstars to ask them why they feel like rewarding donks like him when he goes all in with King King and beatys my Ace Aec
Early candidate for POTY, IMO.
you were only an 82/18 favorite.Text results appended to pokerstove.txt 61,642,944 games 0.035 secs 1,761,226,971 games/secBoard: Dead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 81.946% 81.71% 00.23% 50371344 142614.00 { AA }Hand 1: 18.054% 17.82% 00.23% 10986372 142614.00 { KK }
At least you agree with me but don't believe that response for a second. I studied programming and that BS about having feelings or whatever is nonsense. It lags because it has to calculate which cards it needs to give a bad beat to someone.As i said before it only happens in sit n go's and NEVER happens in cash games. Bad beats also do happen without that lag and doesnt fustrate me because of variance but this lag is just a joke. Anyone have any other theories please let me know!
1) If reraised all in with aces obviously call2) If you dont understand hand odds I would learn or give up online poker3)I dont mean to be ignorant but thanks for sharing that bad beat story with the lag.
At least you agree with me but don't believe that response for a second. I studied programming and that BS about having feelings or whatever is nonsense. It lags because it has to calculate which cards it needs to give a bad beat to someone.As i said before it only happens in sit n go's and NEVER happens in cash games. Bad beats also do happen without that lag and doesnt fustrate me because of variance but this lag is just a joke. Anyone have any other theories please let me know!
I think there might be a direct correlation to how the lag performs vs. the times we accept all in without seeing the floop though. My interpretation is that the times we accept the all in BEFORE we see the floop, that's when we're more prone to the lag and thereafter the bad beat.
I studied programming. It lags because it has to calculate which cards it needs to give a bad beat to someone.
If you were to solve that problem with a program and someone else would see lag due to calculations, then you really should improve your code (i.e. scrap and rewrite). It's a simple calculation that would have seemed instantaneous even on hardware from the 90s.
Anyone have any other theories please let me know!
Is it possible that you are just imagining things?

Don't ask how I got their code, but look what I found...if( areyawellsits = 1 ) //flag set when you sit at a given table obv{badBeat(lose, pinochleDeck);}else{dealHand(fullDeck, playerNum);}// rest of code removed because I'm afraid of being hunted down

Sure nuff when my QQ got beat by TT earlier sure nuff the turn card lagged and it was T. Then when my KK got beat by A spade Q of something else the river lagged before showing that damn 4th spade. It lags more with 4 flush boards beating big pairs, btw.LMAO - thank you I throughly enjoyed this entire thread. :club: