The game we play is NLHE .25/.50 but it plays like 50/1 if not high we have a max 40 buy in min 20 till mdnight in which it goes to a max of 80 or whatever the table allows.I bought it for 40 and had it up to 270ish and we were 5 handed at my table, with the next biggest stack at around 180 and the rest around 100. I had the button with 1010. UTG bets 3.50, next to act raises to 13.50. Do I flat here? Or should I go ahead and raise??? UTG was the 180 stack?Im just wondering which is the best play, and how strong 10's are on average in this position with it being 5 handed?

yeah, it depends on the makeup of the game. Ive played in home games with nits and home games with internet kids, so like all poker decisions, it depends on the villains

I am flatting! Home game (usually weak players), we are super deep, easily have both covered. Getting that 180 stak by hitting trips is just too appealing when we are that deep.But if I miss on the flop, I am pretty much instafolding.

I am flatting! Home game (usually weak players), we are super deep, easily have both covered. Getting that 180 stak by hitting trips is just too appealing when we are that deep.But if I miss on the flop, I am pretty much instafolding.
His description has a bunch of people building up stacks of several buy ins and a raise utg then a 3 bet from utg plus 1. Nothing in that says weak players.Calling here is ugly depending especially on UTG's stack size and a read on whether he'll come over the top.
not 5 handed in live game... agree TT is a fold tho
Missed that. Thought is was close to FR. TT is still a fold.
Home game randoms are usually weak, yes. However an UTG open and re-raise right behind him is not weak. Plus both are up multiple buyins. Besides flat calling just to set-mine he is bad. With that logic calling with 22+ is correct. Besides, just because you catch a set does not mean you are going to stack your opponent for even 50BB. And these villains are 200 and 390BBs deep.
Wow shows how much I know!! So even flatting here is bad eh? And who agrees we fold even QQ here?? what about AKs?
What was utg's stack size?I probably 4 bet qq small ($25) and fold to a shove from the 180 stack. Need to know utg stack and any possible reads on how the players play.
Wow shows how much I know!! So even flatting here is bad eh? And who agrees we fold even QQ here?? what about AKs?
I 4bet both hands above. Maybe flat. Those hands are tough to fold here 5 handed. If it was full ring then it would be an easy muck. AA, KK I 4betQQ I probably end up flattingFold everything else. Even AKs and JJ

How people play is as important as the number of people in the hands. 3 handed, yeah I think I'm flatting this 3 bet or making a 4 bet if the rhythm of how everyone's playing is right for it. You play with these guys a lot? Take mental note when they make moves like this so you can assign a range of hands they'll do that with, then adjust your play accordingly.Good to be adjusting to number of people at the table too, though, you're right about that.

• 2 weeks later...
Alright next question, does our play change if its say, 4 handed?? Or 3?? When do 1010, JJ increase, or is it a fold even 4 handed?
When it gets to 4 handed I flat call with 1010+