Random News Observations

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/horowitz-cdc-confirms-remarkably-low-coronavirus-death-rate-media/

Death rate: 0.26%

this was never supposed to be about no one being in the hospital - it was about making sure to flatten the curve, which was done. the lockdowns need to end and life needs to go on. if you want to live in fear and never leave your house then do it. the rest of us refuse to live like this for 2 years. 

the curve that was flattened can very easily become unflat again if we don't do enough to keep things under control.

We owe each other to do as much as we can to keep this thing from getting worse. Your attitude is the one that will keep things from reopening again and the economy coming back since the less the virus is spreading the more that can be opened up.

I don’t see the data supporting that. States that have opened back up are not seeing worry some spikes. Almost half the deaths in America are in nursing homes. It is not a significant danger to the general population. It’s time to get bwck to normal. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any thoughts on CrossFit imploding as a company because the CEO tweeted “Floyd-19” when someone said the riots were a public health crisis?  I mean, there’s not really even a racial tone to that stupid joke.  It’s just making light of a serious topic and a major corporation is now likely dead.

Interesting times lie ahead for everyone.  It might be especially interesting for comedians (or would-be comedians).

I wouldn't call that "far more".  There are a ton of people that don't want to lift life-long criminal George Floyd up as a heroic martyr, while still believing that the police should be held responsible for his death.  I'm sure you've seen Candace Owens' video on that exact topic.

That being said, I know nothing about that dude or Crossfit, so he very well may be a massive racist.

and Candace Ownes thinks Black Lives Matter are terrorists. Well that's what she says but since she's another of the MAGA Grifters she just says what is on brand so that she can make money so we can never really know what she actually thinks.

George Floyd's criminal background is meaningless to what happened to him.  Four cops had control of him and he wasn't resisting and they killed him.

Crossfit guy seems like an all round loon with the conspiracy theories he was spouting in the meeting.

15 hours ago, FCP Bob said:

George Floyd's criminal background is meaningless to what happened to him.  Four cops had control of him and he wasn't resisting and they killed him.

Zero people disagree with this.  (Except maybe the "he wasn't resisting" part since you didn't provide context, but I'm assuming you meant once he was in cuffs)

His death is a completely different issue from how he lived his life, and if how he lived should be glorified. 

Here are two truths that are completely separate issues:

-  Had George Floyd not committed a crime that day, and had not initially resisted arrest; George Floyd would be alive today.  

-  Had the cops treated handcuffed people with the same respect they would give to an animal; George Floyd would be alive today.

Candace Ownes [is just] another of the MAGA Grifters she just says what is on brand so that she can make money

Also, how do I get to the point where I can say as confidently as you that I know the intentions and heart issues of people that I've never met.  Teach me your ways!

All the video that I've seen and the witness accounts show Floyd not resisting arrest at any point. We also don't know if he was committing a crime. He apparently was passing a bad $20 bill but it's also possible that he was a victim of a crime and was passed that $20 bill somewhere else and was spending it in good faith. The most important thing is that debating whether he has a criminal history and whether he's worthy of people's sympathy if he was doing something criminal is totally irrelevant to the big issue and is only used to deflect and lessen the cop's crimes and inhumanity. 

If the pastor of your local church who you respect and consider a good person says something in a sermon you take that differently than if Kenneth Copeland or Jim Bakker does because whatever those two are saying you know is part of their entire grift to part suckers and rubes from their money. The same goes for the MAGA Grifters like Owens. Based on her history her only beliefs are ones that will help her in her career as a Maga commentator.

he certainly resisted being placed in custody. not violently, but he did resist. that's not really relevant in this case though. he was unjustly killed by a police officer who should have been fired years earlier. true reform will happen only when police unions are busted, the pay is raised and training improves. until then this is all for show. 

• Like 1
On 6/11/2020 at 12:57 PM, FCP Bob said:

If the pastor of your local church who you respect and consider a good person says something in a sermon you take that differently than if Kenneth Copeland or Jim Bakker does because whatever those two are saying you know is part of their entire grift to part suckers and rubes from their money. 

Strongly agree.

i'm shocked by Trump's restraint at quelling these riots. i would have thought for sure he'd send in the troops and put them down hard and fast. probably smart not to though. 

2 hours ago, SuitedAces21 said:

i'm shocked by Trump's restraint at quelling these riots. i would have thought for sure he'd send in the troops and put them down hard and fast. probably smart not to though. 

Outside of DC Trump has very little power to send in the troops without the local's approval and he wasn't going to get that plus the reality is there was a huge amount of protesting but very little violence.

I'm old enough to know what real riots are like and the reality is there was almost no rioting. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's the question, SA.  Is Trump really as stupid as he seems or does his ego just blind him?  He could have easily slayed Biden on almost every issue if he was just a normal person.

trump is who he is, more concerned with ego and nonsense than getting the job done correctly. i have little doubt he doesnt want to be president, but his ego wouldnt let him walk away. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/5/2021 at 10:22 PM, Melania said:

It is interesting to read messages from 5 years ago and also to understand that another year has passed but the coronavirus has not ended😆

I completely agree that a lot of time has passed, but nothing has changed. Hope that people get vaccinated and we will fight this virus.