Random News Observations

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

I actually don't give a fck about Kavanaugh.

I'm not picking on Dubey here on purpose, but I've seen this sentiment widely spread among my liberal facebook friends.

This is how I know that no one actually thinks anything he is accused of is a big deal. No one is actually talking about the facts of the case. They are just screaming about #metoo and saying that the GOP hates women. Did you see the teacher from Minnesota that was put on leave for saying someone should kill Kav? Being from Minnesota there is a near-0% chance she actually gets fired.

• 2 weeks later...

How about the second accusation? Also not credible?

What about the 3rd woman that Avenatti stated he is now representing? Not credible?

It must just be those crafty Dems convincing a bunch of women he went to school with to make up accusations and have their lives put under the public microscope, all as part of an elaborate smear campaign.

Yeah, that totally seems more likely than him being a creep who actually did these things

tenor.gif?itemid=11362693

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/new-questions-raised-about-avenatti-claims-regarding-kavanaugh-n924596

• 2 weeks later...

What about the 3rd woman that Avenatti stated he is now representing? Not credible?

It must just be those crafty Dems convincing a bunch of women he went to school with to make up accusations and have their lives put under the public microscope, all as part of an elaborate smear campaign.

Yeah, that totally seems more likely than him being a creep who actually did these things

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kavanaugh-accuser-referred-to-doj-for-false-statements-grassleys-office-announces

Awesome source Jacob Wohl

the chairman of the senate judiciary committee isn’t a good source? crawl back into whatever hole you came out of turd, you don’t belong in an adult conversation.

• 2 months later...

pretty shameful you never came in here and apologized for this post.

• 4 weeks later...

I know that Ocasio-Cortez is so hot right now. I think she is really great at social media and public speaking, but not so great at understanding how stuff works.

This Green New Deal is hilarious. It was started by a New York group called the Sunrise Movement. Here is their website: https://www.sunrisemovement.org

Try to actually find the Green New Deal. It's hilariously hard to find. Nearly every page just talks about how you need to protest, without actually talking about what they want to do. I think I know why it's hidden. It's because it's crazy.

• upgrading every residential and industrial building for state-of-the-art energy efficiency, comfort and safety;

LOL. "Every" building must be rebuilt. LOL

• eliminating greenhouse gas emissions from the manufacturing, agricultural and other industries, including by investing in local-scale agriculture in communities across the country.

All beef, pork, and chicken products will have to go away. Everyone will have to become a vegetarian.

• Eliminating all nuclear power,

Which, just so happens, to be one of the least damaging and most efficient forms of power.

• Getting rid of air travel in favor of high-speed rail.

Thank goodness that will be super cheap.

• All done in 10 years.

https://www.politico...l-pelosi-966748

https://dailycaller....eal-oppression/

https://www.bloomber...-political-risk

https://www.atr.org/...oming-necessary

And how will it be paid for? Non-stop printing of money, which apparently has zero consequences.

https://www.businessinsider.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-ommt-modern-monetary-theory-how-pay-for-policies-2019-1

And how will it be paid for? Non-stop printing of money, which apparently has zero consequences.

https://www.business...policies-2019-1

how's that deficit doing after all the unproductive tax cuts that are only for the upper income and corporations ?

How do you propose to reduce greenhouse gases. I know you studied some Economics. Did you remember externalities ? Should carbon which without question is a leading cause of climate change be allowed to be released without restriction ? If not what do you propose is the best way to reduce it ? I personally like the most free market friendly way which is a Carbon Tax.

How do you propose to reduce greenhouse gases

Last time I heard him talk on the issue, greenhouse gases are a non issue because brv believes the warming we're going through is just normal climate variance and not in any way caused by man.

how's that deficit doing after all the unproductive tax cuts that are only for the upper income and corporations ?

How do you propose to reduce greenhouse gases. I know you studied some Economics. Did you remember externalities ? Should carbon which without question is a leading cause of climate change be allowed to be released without restriction ? If not what do you propose is the best way to reduce it ? I personally like the most free market friendly way which is a Carbon Tax.

thanks, macron.

Last time I heard him talk on the issue, greenhouse gases are a non issue because brv believes the warming we're going through is just normal climate variance and not in any way caused by man.

It's "not in any way". It's just that VB posted an actual scientific study that showed human involvement was only 0.26%. So while humans produce pollution, it's basically irrelevant. That being said, I'm fully on board using taxes or tax breaks to push people to buy electric cars and not pollute.

The 28-year-old congresswoman from NY said this week that deficits aren't important, so they should not be a big deal to anyone on her side.

• 2 weeks later...

never forget that the number 1 terrorist threat in the US is from domestic White Nationalists

U.S. arrests Coast Guard officer who planned mass attack: prosecutors

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. authorities have arrested a U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant who described himself as a white nationalist and amassed a cache of weapons to “murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country,” according to court documents.

Christopher Paul Hasson, who is assigned to the Coast Guard Headquarters in Washington and lives in a Maryland suburb, had drawn up a list of possible targets, including House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi and MSNBC television host Joe Scarborough, prosecutors said in court documents.

Calling Hasson a “domestic terrorist,” the prosecutors said he was arrested on Friday on weapons and drugs charges.

In a draft email in June 2017, they said, Hasson wrote: “I am dreaming of a way to kill almost every last person on the earth. I think a plague would be most successful but how do I acquire the needed/ Spanish flu, botulism, anthrax not sure yet but will find something.”

A hearing on a motion to detain him pending trial was set for Thursday.

In a statement, the Coast Guard confirmed that an active duty member of the service had been arrested. “Because this is an open investigation, the Coast Guard has no further details at this time,” it said.

The Office of the Federal Public Defender in Maryland did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The prosecutors said agents found 15 firearms and more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition in Hasson’s residence in Silver Spring, Maryland.

They said from 2017, Hasson routinely studied a manifesto by Norwegian far-right extremist Anders Behring Breivik, who in July 2011 killed eight people in downtown Oslo with a car bomb and then shot dead 69 people, many of them teenagers, at a Labour Party camp.