Random News Observations

"the Republicans trotted out the line"

lol. Totally. That was definitely "The Republicans".

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

You had no problems merging Democrats, libtards, snowflakes, etc previously so I am completely *shocked*, I tell ya, by your response. /s

I think you're confusing me with someone else.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is awkward.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/a-woman-approached-the-post-with-dramatic--and-false--tale-about-roy-moore-sje-appears-to-be-part-of-undercover-sting-operation/2017/11/27/0c2e335a-cfb6-11e7-9d3a-bcbe2af58c3a_story.html?utm_term=.2bd4e366020a

I'm sure the liberal fake news machine just got lucky this time, right guys? Right??? They surely don't maintain these journalistic standards all the time.

Well this is awkward.

https://www.washingt...m=.2bd4e366020a

I'm sure the liberal fake news machine just got lucky this time, right guys? Right??? They surely don't maintain these journalistic standards all the time.

from Conservative Republican Bill Kristol

Bill Kristol‏Verified account

@BillKristol

Obvious questions raised by this pathetic attempt by Roy Moore's allies to discredit his accusers: Did Moore or his campaign know about this operation? Did Steve Bannon? Did Kellyanne Conway or anyone else at the White House?

from Conservative Republican Bill Kristol

Bill Kristol‏Verified account

@BillKristol

Obvious questions raised by this pathetic attempt by Roy Moore's allies to discredit his accusers: Did Moore or his campaign know about this operation? Did Steve Bannon? Did Kellyanne Conway or anyone else at the White House?

Will Saletan‏Verified account

@saletan

12h12 hours ago

More

Nov. 9: WP reports Moore accusations.

Nov. 10: Project Veritas agent emails WP to offer bait.

Nov. 11: Moore says: “There are investigations going on. In the next few days, there will be revelations about the motivations and the content of this article.”

What did Roy Moore know?

Who gives a shit? Lying to the Washington Post isn't illegal.

When the Planned Parenthood people didn't do their "due diligence" and talked about selling baby bodies nobody cared about Project Veritas. Now that someone on the left finally caught them in the process, you're acting like now all of a sudden you care?

I believe you.

When the Planned Parenthood people didn't do their "due diligence" and talked about selling baby bodies nobody cared about Project Veritas. Now that someone on the left finally caught them in the process, you're acting like now all of a sudden you care?

I believe you.

Huh ?

You don't think that people who don't go around calling others leftists have always thought that O'Keefe and Veritas are dishonest ?

There is a lot of money to be made reinforcing what old White Conservatives think and O'Keefe is doing his best to get his share. It starts with the $300K plus per year Veritas pays him.

I give a shit.

Not about lying to a journalist—but doing it in order to discredit women coming forward about sexual abuse. (By the way, they've all just been proven as 100% credible over this.) That's evil, and I'm firmly against evil.

I believe you.

wow.

even if he wasn't a perv Moore is totally unfit to hold any public office.

Textbook co-authored by Roy Moore in 2011 says women shouldn’t run for office

The course is also critical of the women's suffrage movement.

Alabama Republican Senate Candidate Roy Moore co-authored a study course, published in 2011 and recently obtained by ThinkProgress, that instructs students that women should not be permitted to run for elected office. If women do run for office, the course argues, people have a moral obligation not to vote for them. The course is also critical of the women’s suffrage movement, which in 1920 secured some American women the right to vote.

The course, called “Law and Government: An Introductory Study Course,” includes 28 hours of audio and visual lectures given by Moore and others, as well as a study guide. The course is available for purchase on Amazon, where “Chief Justice Roy Moore” is listed as a co-author alongside Doug Phillips, Dr. Joseph C. Morecraft,

Not about lying to a journalist—but doing it in order to discredit women coming forward about sexual abuse. (By the way, they've all just been proven as 100% credible over this.) That's evil, and I'm firmly against evil.

I have no issue with Moore going down. I want all these perverts on both sides of the aisle to burn (figuratively).

Lol at the Republicans just shoving this piece of crap tax bill through. Let's spend a trillion dollars on tax cuts for the wealthy which will result in very little growth for our economy and help nobody but the super rich!!!

Saw this on twitter and it couldn't possibly be more accurate.

trickle down

trickle dow

trickle do

trickle d

trickle

trickl

trick

• Like 1

Lol at the Republicans just shoving this piece of crap tax bill through. Let's spend a trillion dollars on tax cuts for the wealthy which will result in very little growth for our economy and help nobody but the super rich!!!

Saw this on twitter and it couldn't possibly be more accurate.

trickle down

trickle dow

trickle do

trickle d

trickle

trickl

trick

James Pethokoukis‏Verified account

@JimPethokoukis

Goldman Sachs on GOP tax bill: After a 0.3 ppt upturn in growth in 2018 and 2019, we "note that the effect in 2020 and beyond looks minimal and could actually be slightly negative"

https://www.theverge...g-apart-society

Another former Facebook executive has spoken out about the harm the social network is doing to civil society around the world. Chamath Palihapitiya, who joined Facebook in 2007 and became its vice president for user growth, said he feels “tremendous guilt” about the company he helped make. “I think we have created tools that are ripping apart the social fabric of how society works,”

He went on to describe an incident in India where hoax messages about kidnappings shared on WhatsApp led to the lynching of seven innocent people. “That’s what we’re dealing with,” said Palihapitiya. “And imagine taking that to the extreme, where bad actors can now manipulate large swathes of people to do anything you want. It’s just a really, really bad state of affairs.”

lol at people even thinking "rip internet". NN rules weren't in place from 1970 to 2015 and nobody cared. The FCC doesn't matter and will be completely replaced as soon as Trump leaves office. The issue is competition. As long as there is competition, the internet will be totally fine because ISP have to compete for business.

Also, ISPs can’t differentiate between two streams of encrypted data just by looking at it. An encrypted blob is an encrypted blob. ISPs can’t differentiate by looking at your DNS queries if your name resolution is local (as with Blockstack). Math and code will win against no net neutrality rules.