Random News Observations

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

As far as I've seen, Moore isn't being accused of pedophilia. He's being accused of sexual predation of people that were past the age of consent.

I only say this to make a clarification on that joke, not to "defend" Roy Moore's actions.

As far as I've seen, Moore isn't being accused of pedophilia. He's being accused of sexual predation of people that were past the age of consent.

I only say this to make a clarification on that joke, not to "defend" Roy Moore's actions.

no, 14 is not the age of consent even in Alabama. He abused a child.

How did you go from accused to an abuser overnight? Nobody finds it odd that 30 years or whatever have gone by and now....now they feel the need to come clean? And then some people are ready railroad him as guilty....sorry the stories don't add up to me.

How did you go from accused to an abuser overnight? Nobody finds it odd that 30 years or whatever have gone by and now....now they feel the need to come clean? And then some people are ready railroad him as guilty....sorry the stories don't add up to me.

Common, even McConnell is asking him to step aside.

next time a lying moron mentions Uranium One watch this report from Fox News Shep Smith. This is basically a big **** You to all the wingnut liars on his network.

Note that they trot out this conspiracies every time there's shit in the pipeline about Trump. That way Fox can "honestly" ignore the Trump story and focus on the rehashed crap of the day.

next time a lying moron mentions Uranium One watch this report from Fox News Shep Smith. This is basically a big **** You to all the wingnut liars on his network.

http://youtu.be/mNcsB-QrqyU

LOL...........everybody here is crazy. Bottom line is there is a attorney with a whistle blower with all this evidence who was being silenced, If this is true then there is something to talk about. Until all this plays out babbling about it is just stupid.

Can you say Gloria Allred.................enough said.

McConnell is a prime player in what I hate about the Republican Party. He can't be removed fast enough from the Senate to make me happy.

I don't know if it this store is true a more then you guys do...nobody knows. The link posted by Fenix was hit piece if ever one was written, it was full of people speculating, that remembered kind of something but there is no record of anything an the don't know anything personally just they think at some point someone may have told them...maybe they think...

Where were all these people during his rise to top powerful positions over the last 30 years? they just sat back and watched...and decided independently that now is the time...naw this one is cooked IMO even if there is some truth somewhere - the story and the time lines don't add up.

From The Economist.

http://safecities.economist.com/

Toronto the 4th safest big city in the World

Safe Cities Index 2017

Cities across the globe are growing in size and in terms of how connected they are. Which cities are best at keeping their citizens safe and how do they do it? An updated and expanded version of The Safe Cities Index 2015, the 2017 index covers 60 cities across the globe and defines how to measure security in a rapidly urbanising world.

safecity-2017-infographic.jpg

Where were all these people during his rise to top powerful positions over the last 30 years? they just sat back and watched...and decided independently that now is the time...naw this one is cooked IMO even if there is some truth somewhere - the story and the time lines don't add up.

Because when one person steps up to complain they get rocked with slander, completely vilified, and for such a heinous act the attacker gets off almost scot free. And to be fair, these while we need to have fair trials, a lot of them come down to a he said / she said. And rape is such a physiological violation that often victims will attempt to normalize what just happened to try and move on, but that really weakens their cases. Also, something in Canada post-Jian Ghomeshi that was looked at was inequality of the quality of initial statements; victims will be distraught (and not accompanied a lawyer) while the accused has all of those advantages.

I think I saw something yesterday on the Hill about how political interns have informal creeplist about guys to watch out for -- so I don't think Moore is no way the first, or last, randy politician ... but seems like ethical lines are probably crossed all of the time. While that in itself is not illegal it does create a culture where people could push the boundaries fairly permissively.

Interesting article: prescient or we reading too much into past behaviour

http://thehill.com/h...-victims-report

• Like 1

we or at least the left is reading way to much into alleged, unfounded, possible past behavior....that has no evidence and is being presented as factual...that I will agree with.

Hell I might even agree he is a bad guy and I wouldn't like him if I got to know him, I just don't believe what I am being told by the fake news.

They probably didn't want to come forward sooner because assholes on the internet are going to question their motives and make their life a living hell moreso than it already was from the abuse itself.

no, 14 is not the age of consent even in Alabama. He abused a child.

I had only seen as low as 16. Fourteen is Joseph Smith territory.

Dubey, you are sharp today brother!

I man just think those poor girls you are referring to were afraid to public before households had computers, before AOL, before the internet was public knowledge...so for roughly 20 years they waited til Al Gore developed the "interweb" and then after 20 MORE years of soul searching they decided now...now is the safe time to bring up these charges....got it Dub fantasy island is alive and well.

but good story!

They probably didn't want to come forward sooner because assholes on the internet are going to question their motives and make their life a living hell moreso than it already was from the abuse itself.

Yeah........Juanita Broaddrick knows all about this.

Yes, there are shitheads of every political ideology. But, since I'm not a democrat, I'm really not sure what point you are attempting to make here. Bill Clinton was accused of rape and therefore.. umm open season for every piece of shit that wants to run for office for the rest of eternity? Good luck.

I man just think those poor girls you are referring to were afraid to public before households had computers, before AOL, before the internet was public knowledge...so for roughly 20 years they waited til Al Gore developed the "interweb" and then after 20 MORE years of soul searching they decided now...now is the safe time to bring up these charges....

A couple years ago, in the midst of yet another abortion debate the Republicans trotted out the line that if the woman is raped and gets pregnant then it wasn't a "really rape" because "the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/08/a-canard-that-will-not-die-legitimate-rape-doesnt-cause-pregnancy/261303/

Don't need internet for that kind of ignorance and victim shaming.

I agree these were stupid comments but you don't want to compare stupid comments made by party do you? ...and this changes nothing about this story being believable.

Well that would be one giant can of worms given our differing positions on most issues.

"The thing is, his comments were hardly some kind never-before-heard gaffe. Arguments like his have cropped up again and again on the right over the past quarter century and the idea that trauma is a form of birth control continues to be promulgated by anti-abortion forces that seek to outlaw all abortions, even in cases of rape or incest. The push for a no-exceptions anti-abortion policy has for decades gone hand in hand with efforts to downplay the frequency with which rape- or incest-related pregnancies occur, and even to deny that they happen, at all. In other words, it's not just Akin singing this tune."

If you truly believe abortion = murder in every case then why even have these stupid fake science arguments; murder should trump them all.

The firm that will now be handling security matters at the U.S. embassy in Moscow is a Russian firm, linked not just to Russian intelligence, but specifically to Vladimir Putin's former colleague in the KGB, who rose to run counterintelligence for the Soviet Union.

And at this point in the story, I would usually make some joke about, hey, why not just hand them the keys? But literally, they're going to be running security at the embassy, so they are going to have the keys!

Again, a no-bid contract, awarded by the State Department under Rex Tillerson.

:icon_think: