Random News Observations

Dubey, where have you seen anything that says it's debunked?

There's a chance they got the pee party stuff in, but the rest of it isn't 4chan.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

Kind of hard to argue the Russian's gonna blackmail Trump without the golden shower angle.

You're forgetting the financial stuff. And there could easily be other non-pee related sex stuff too.

Dubey, where have you seen anything that says it's debunked?

According to this completely unbiased media source, they have posts from November talking about it.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/4chan-pranksters-we-trolled-cia-by-making-trump-golden-shower-story-1600501

I saw an article posted on twitter on the day this was all happening, I thought it was Wired.com (not that they are the best political source), but I can't find it now. I honestly haven't been following the story beyond what has come across my twitter timeline.

Kind of hard to argue the Russian's gonna blackmail Trump without the golden shower angle.

Exactly the opposite. It is getting extremely difficult to argue that Trump has not been compromised by Russia. But I expect you to keep denying the obvious.

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/security/reports/2016/12/21/295592/moscow-on-the-potomac/

What makes this most ironic is that one of the biggest criticisms of Obama's foreign policy was that he wasn't tough enough on Russia. Now we have a president that might as well be a Russian plant and there's barely a word of complaint. The hypocrisy would be mindboggling if you weren't familiar with Republican tactics.

Russia is the shiny object the left is using to keep you from seeing the writing on the wall.

And not the actual wall that is soon to be built.

But the metaphoric wall that shows the left's dreams being shattered against the hard wall of reality.

But continue to pretend that Russia is the reason your political ideas have been rejected across the world. Brexit and Trump are just the beginnings.

Russia is the shiny object the left is using to keep you from seeing the writing on the wall.

But the metaphoric wall that shows the left's dreams being shattered against the hard wall of reality.

But continue to pretend that Russia is the reason your political ideas have been rejected across the world. Brexit and Trump are just the beginnings.

I find it personally delicious how President Obamas supporters stand by silently while he attempts to instigate war with Russia as a last flailing attempt to make some kind of legacy that isn't "I presided over the biggest Republican takeover in history, lost the supreme court for 50 years, revealed the ass of liberalism, and was ultimately done in by a power crazed white woman."

Still gonna give you guys a life update. Things are busy, working 60 hours a week, writing a book, working on unleashing my podcast.....have to get my cars detailed today, once thats done I think I can make time to give you all an update.

Oh, and DN blocked me on Twitter. I love it. Nothing says "I enjoy others point of view" like blocking them. I had no idea he even noticed my occasional comments on his liberal lunacy. Still have love for the guy, we all lose our way sometimes.

Ah yes. Noted lefties like GOP Presidential John McCain. Or Trump, two years ago post Crimean invasion, called Russia our "biggest foe".

Amazing that the Achilles heal of the Democrats just so happens to shift every election:

* Kerry was flip-flopper and yet only a couple of years ago Trump, at least in the media, presented himself as being left of Clinton

* Obama was a completely inexperienced Senator but now, for Trump & co, having no experience is even better

* Clinton was in bed with the banks because he was paid a bit of money for speeches but hey, it's ok to appoint the very head of that bank to the cabinet.

The Russia story is being spun as a political tool. If Clinton wasn't the Dem candidate (and history at State) the campaign probably would have been about Obama's "Chamberlain-esque" capitulations to Russia.

On the other hand being pro-Russia is indirectly anti-Muslim which could be totally fine if you totally ignore the human rights crimes which was half the reason we are supposed to not like the middle east. And the dubiously non-democratic ways the government is being run in the Kremlin, etc, etc.

Ah, back to your usual MO. Take one issue and ignore all of the others and then claim the left are silly for having that one concern.

And yes the Democrats are outraged because their campaign was sunk by the possibility of outside influence while the Russian connection is just as strong of a smoking gun.

Meanwhile the independents / Dems who voted for Trump for his anti-establishment platform and moderate views in the past are waking up to platform that richer than the poorest 1/3 of Americans

And finally the alt-right that thought they were getting "their man in power" are worried because other than Jeff Sessions there isn't a whole lot of outright racists (or they back peddelled hard during the confirmation hearings).

That 40% approval rating doesn't come out of thin air.

A complete non-response. Exactly what I expected.

I will concede that reality can be strange. Republican power is increasing even as their intellectual/moral credibility drops to zero.

Brexit and Trump are two very different things though. The brexit crowd had some legitimate grievances about the restrictions on British autonomy and favoritism towards the elites.

However, Trump offers nothing but lies and an even worse world than the Elitist one that conservatives claim to hate. Trump will keep all of the corrupt elitism and then some, but will drop even the pretense that his actions are going to help the middle class. Good luck with that.

• Like 1

Brexit and Trump are two very different things though. The brexit crowd had some legitimate grievances about the restrictions on British autonomy and favoritism towards the elites.

However, Trump offers nothing but lies and an even worse world than the Elitist one that conservatives claim to hate. Trump will keep all of the corrupt elitism and then some, but will drop even the pretense that his actions are going to help the middle class.

I would say both Brexit and Trump are highly intertwined. Both movements capitalized on the feeling of being left behind -- for England pretty much everyone not working in London and Manchester and the US everyone not in California and NY (ie the "flyover states"). And both succeeded because of the naivete of the parties supporting the status quo not really taking their opponents seriously; they saw through their opponents lies and assumed that everyone wouldn't give them much credence.

I would say both Brexit and Trump are highly intertwined. Both movements capitalized on the feeling of being left behind -- for England pretty much everyone not working in London and Manchester and the US everyone not in California and NY (ie the "flyover states"). And both succeeded because of the naivete of the parties supporting the status quo not really taking their opponents seriously; they saw through their opponents lies and assumed that everyone wouldn't give them much credence.

It was the same type of voters and the same anti-elite sentiment. What makes them far different is the EV of the decision.

Brexit has a reasonable chance to make Britain better off. The benefits of globalism and non-skilled immigration are heavily oversold.

Trump is a completely different story. He is an incompetent egotist who is only good at conning people. There is no reasonable chance that Trump voters will be better off for voting for him. Even worse, they won't even get their revenge on the elites since Trump will break all his campaign promises* and heavily favor the wealthy.

*Promise might not be the best word since Trump is by far the most incoherent and contradictory major politician ever. The only constant is his egotism and lies.

Wow, it's a good thing you weren't in charge of the anti-Trump movement.

Your insight into the inner thinkings of a person you've never met are amazing.

Add to that you ability to see the future...knowing the results of actions never taken...it's staggering.

Although your belief that being rich means you support other rich people getting richer is slightly flawed when you look at the number of billionaires and Silicon Valley leaders who spoke against Trump...but what am I saying, You know the inner thoughts and motives of people you've never met....of course you know how all rich people think.

One thing I don't understand though; if Trump is lying about everything...then doesn't that mean he's going to actually allow more muslims to immigrate, not build a wall, and keep Obamacare?

Never understand how to know which 'promises' are lies and which ones are ones to hate someone for.

Guess I need to be a liberal to know the future like y'all do.

It was the same type of voters and the same anti-elite sentiment. What makes them far different is the EV of the decision.

Brexit has a reasonable chance to make Britain better off. The benefits of globalism and non-skilled immigration are heavily oversold.

The main economic growth in England is as the financial capital of Europe. While in a micro sense they will be better off given the imbalance of payments into the EU but there's also the reality many of the large banks and insurance companies are already looking to moving large portions of their operations to the mainland as they would be legally required to sell to EU citizens.

Coupled with Scotland probably going to do another independence vote it very well be that "Make United Kingdom Great Again" will fall flat.

Or maybe the whole EU unravels and it's a moot point.

One thing I don't understand though; if Trump is lying about everything...then doesn't that mean he's going to actually allow more muslims to immigrate, not build a wall, and keep Obamacare?

For a bunch of people that hate politicians for their dishonesty you sure have hitched your cart to a guy who, as a glorified pitchman, who has a history of overhyping and then bully, bully, bully. Who's genesis of fame, other than Dad's money, was the "The Art of the Deal". Which has been denounced by the shadow author as being a work of fiction. For his business dealings I call him a con-man, you probably say a "smart businessman". Funny how small increases in ACA means more money that the government is "stealing from you" but trail of small businesses bankruptcies that Trump leaves in his wake is their own fault.

Trump pathologically lies in that characterizes everything: it's either the greatest or the worst. He has said under oath that he "estimates his wealth on how he is feeling". He said he was going to be no one's puppet because he is going to self-finance his campaign and yet he hardly put anything in (huge amounts of money came from the super-PAC that indirectly owns Briebart).

The worst is not when he is lying but when he's willfully ignorant about issues and just wing-ing it ie (http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/trump-offered-rick-perry-job-neither-one-them-understood). From the straight up bullying (and not talking about the issues in the GOP primaries) to locker-room talk to the complete amateur hour campaign it's just all high-school esque. They've only proposed ~10% of the positions that require Senate confirmation; as of Jan 20th there will be virtually no Executive Branch. Which normally probably is fine other than his finger is hovering over the "repeal everything" with no backup plan button.

Trump's political views have been all over the map; a couple of years ago he thought Hillary did fine on Benghazi / at State, that immigration reform was needed, etc etc. Then at the start of the GOP primaries he went alt-right on immigration, at the convention he capitulated the social agenda to the evangelicals but picked up anti-trade centrists. And then once he was elected most of the encourage free market stuff was gone. Speaking of Obamacare I looked up his webpage for healthcare reform on archive.org and it changed 400 times; stuff he's adamant about a couple of months ago (like being the first candidate to support not cutting Medicaide to now being ok with removing funding protections).

So yes; if you are a single issue voter and put on blinders you'll likely be happy. But the gymnastics his platform has undertaken (without thinking through the implications) is going to leave a lot of piss off people.

• 2 weeks later...

President Bush lasted 8 years without interjecting his unwanted opinion onto the next President.

Obama lasted about 8 days.

I guess we now know how class-less Obama is planning on being.

Obama and class have never been used in the same sentence...not even lib-tards believe that.

Barry is going to make Bill Clinton look like a family man before he is done.

That's so preposterous I just have to assume you are trolling. Or if you are serious go seek medical help.

History will remember Obama as a very good president, and Trump as an abomination. Though I don't expect much social awareness from trolls who get all of their opinions from Reddit, so feel free to bask in your own ignorance, the whole experience will be less painful for you that way.

Trump may or may not be an abomination, time will tell.

Obama already is one, history will remember it as such....his record is bad and will deteriorate with time. Christ he was so bad he helped enable Trump to win!! that says volumes