Random News Observations

I'm assuming you're talking about the same people that voted to defund Obamacare last week?

Those are the people that are trying to fund vital services to the poor, and the Senate dems are refusing.

http://freebeacon.co...id-with-cancer/

Yes those people.

Everybody including every Republican pundit on TV acknowledges that enough Republicans would vote the clean bill to reopen government.

There is a big difference between making a meaningless vote to defund Obamacare 40 times and making the adult decision to keep the government running and there are still enough adults in the GOP congress who would vote to keep things running if they were actually given that opportunity.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

That's what they are trying to do. Fund important things, while they negotiate with the dems.

The dems are refusing to help poor people and military veterans, because they hate kids and logic.

Why won't they help all the people out of work and all the children missing out on food benefits by allowing a vote on a clean CR? Because they'll lose.

This is a temper tantrum because they've lost on obamacare at every turn. Nothing more.

You explain then why the forty previous votes to repeal obamacare were "time worthy" but holding one vote on the senate bill now is a waste of time beyond "we're going to look like morons when it passes".

The house clearly had no problem with symbolic votes for the past five years...

By the way, the house GOP doesn't want to waste time on a purely symbolic vote is my new favorite classic brvy argument.

The fact that you could type that in seriousness is amazing.

• Like 1

That's what they are trying to do. Fund important things, while they negotiate with the dems.

The dems are refusing to help poor people and military veterans, because they hate kids and logic.

The Tea Party Republicans are trying to pass a budget one item at a time, a defacto defunding of the Affordable Care Act. I dunno, I guess they're allowed to do that. They're just going to lose horribly, Obamacare will end up fully funded, and the entire Republican Party is going to spend the next 3 years distancing itself from it's nutbar base and apologizing for letting the Koch brothers drive their entire agenda. Do any conservatives here really think this is going to end well for Republicans?

Talking about this is stupid. All that matters is the debt ceiling stuff, anyway. When that gets folded in, this is a much big, much different story.

Nutrition assistance to poor children has been stopped. I know, feeding hungry children isn't a "sexy" issue but it's important to some. But hey, well-off white people barely noticed, so no big deal.

Bwahaaaa, yea, well off white people is the problem with this country. Not lazy ass welfare families, or 7o% minority families with no apparent father in the picture.Maybe we could emulate a typical african nation that has very few well off white people.

Bwahaaaa, yea, well off white people is the problem with this country. Not lazy ass welfare families, or 7o% minority families with no apparent father in the picture.Maybe we could emulate a typical african nation that has very few well off white people.

I used to buy into that narrative too, especially since I live in a city where basically 70% of the population is on some form of government and and see its total non-sustainability when the producer to consumer ratio gets all ****ed up.

That said, the 'problem' here isn't huge swaths of minorities or the 'safety net' they so regularly abuse. If we were to rank problems from most to least important, I don't know if we'd even ever have time to get to that one in the foreseeable future... so, yes. Blacks suck, they have massive cultural issues but short of deporting them or marching them into the oven, they're here. The 70% or so that are utterly worthless (compared to 50% of white people) are obnoxious when they nig out but stupid side-shows like that even begin to address the core failures of our system at this time. If you want a similar one the left regularly falls for, it's that 'gun control' is a serious issue.

Our problems now are foundational and run very deep. This country is rapidly becoming the 1984 Oldsmobile on 22' rims broken down on the side of the road with a smoking engine and the transmission laying on the ground while two retards stand next to it arguing over what color the interior should be.

Majority of welfare in America is used by poor, rural whites. Cool story tho.

Majority of welfare in America is used by poor, rural whites. Cool story tho.

Yeah, the majority of the country is white.

I'm sure the majority of welfare in Norway is used by white people, too.

• Like 1

Yeah, the majority of the country is white.

I'm sure the majority of welfare in Norway is used by white people, too.

And yet it's just certain whites from certain areas. Maybe lazy rural Christian whites should be more industrious like the Jews or Asians.

Lol Norway, btw.

And yet it's just certain whites from certain areas. Maybe lazy rural Christian whites should be more industrious like the Jews or Asians.

Worthless mother****ers. No race is without them. Even Jews have the Ethiopians.

The issue is proportionality.

Look at the explosion of SSI. There is no escaping the fact that these 'programs' eventually devolve into feeding the campground bears who've lost the ability to feed themselves. That's why they're so cancerous. It becomes generational, where the welfare queen mother teaches her 9 daughters how to file for food stamps, Section 8 housing voucher, no different than a lion teaching its pride.

All the different 'programs' and 'services' we offer with the intention to help people ultimately winds up destroying their ability to do for themselves. It's incredibly pointless to refer to how the 'majority' of welfare reciepients in a majority white country are white.

If GE toasters made up 13% of the overall toaster population but was responsible for causing 55% of all toaster related fires, what would you conclude about that model of toaster?

If GE toasters made up 13% of the overall toaster population but was responsible for causing 55% of all toaster related fires, what would you conclude about that model of toaster?

That it was made in Detroit?

• Like 1

Why won't the House even hold a vote on the bills that come from the Senate? Because they know the shutdown would end and they don't want that? Please explain (with an actual explanation this time) how this is not on the House GOP who refuses to even allow a vote on a CR with no Obamacare delay.

Sorry it took so long to respond, working on project and it has had me tied up. There is definitely some posts I will be responding to today.

Passed with bi-partisan support in July to delay individual mandate. Makes sense to me since the President unconstitutionally delayed employer mandate without even consulting with Congress. Of course we understand why he did this, delay until after next election. I’m sure you are fully aware in the Constitution Article 2, Section 3, Clause 5 of that marvelous document requires that the president “…shall take care that the Laws be carefully executed.”

H.R. 2668: Fairness for American Families Act

http://www.govtrack....s/113-2013/h363

McConnell request to pass HR 2668, delay individual mandate/Reid objection. No action or consideration in Senate.

http://democrats.sen...reid-objection/

House passes Budgets and ships them over to the Senate and of course they died there. Why is that? I think the Washington Post explained it best.

Democrats can keep their names off plans that detail high spending and high deficits.

Meanwhile, they can attack House Republicans for their controversial budget plans. (See

Ryan, Paul.) That was an especially attractive option for Democrats in the election years

of 2010 and 2012

http://www.washingto...assed-a-budget/

“There’s no question, Reid is now the quarterback,” said a Senate Democratic aide.

That became clear when Reid persuaded Obama last month to abandon an effort to set up a bipartisan meeting of congressional leaders before government funding expired.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/326819-smash-mouth-reid#ixzz2h5BbR3Sh

Chris Matthews in a candid moment. Kind of revealing, LOL Propeller Heads.

And the Administrations shameful actions with the National Parks Administration.

“It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Serviceranger in Washingtonsays of the harassment. “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/3/pruden-the-cheap-tricks-of-the-game/#ixzz2gxwAwtgY

Charter guides received a message from the National Park Service this week informing them that they are not permitted to take clients fishing in Florida Bay until the feds get back to work.

http://www.miamihera...istributor.html

WWII Memorial Barricade Wired Shut

Lake Mead property owners forced out until shutdown ends

http://www.ktnv.com/...1.html?lc=Smart

he’s essentially private property, on a road that’s still open, and uses no government personnel, so he sees no reason to quit operating

http://www.washingto...rvice-shutdown/

They even set cones out in South Dakota so people could not pull over and view Mt. Rushmore.

Petty and Disgusting.

The article I linked to above uses gun control as the example but it's not just that.

Let’s Give Up on the Constitution

The above op-ed has an interesting take on things.

The World and the United States are very different places than 200 plus years ago and to expect any constitution from that time to not have a lot of problems is a little naive.

Sounds like a prelude to a Constitutional Crisis.

Sorry it took so long to respond, working on project and it has had me tied up. There is definitely some posts I will be responding to today.

Passed with bi-partisan support in July to delay individual mandate. Makes sense to me since the President unconstitutionally delayed employer mandate without even consulting with Congress. Of course we understand why he did this, delay until after next election. I’m sure you are fully aware in the Constitution Article 2, Section 3, Clause 5 of that marvelous document requires that the president “…shall take care that the Laws be carefully executed.”

H.R. 2668: Fairness for American Families Act

http://www.govtrack....s/113-2013/h363

McConnell request to pass HR 2668, delay individual mandate/Reid objection. No action or consideration in Senate.

http://democrats.sen...reid-objection/

House passes Budgets and ships them over to the Senate and of course they died there. Why is that? I think the Washington Post explained it best.

Democrats can keep their names off plans that detail high spending and high deficits.

Meanwhile, they can attack House Republicans for their controversial budget plans. (See

Ryan, Paul.) That was an especially attractive option for Democrats in the election years

of 2010 and 2012

http://www.washingto...assed-a-budget/

“There’s no question, Reid is now the quarterback,” said a Senate Democratic aide.

That became clear when Reid persuaded Obama last month to abandon an effort to set up a bipartisan meeting of congressional leaders before government funding expired.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/326819-smash-mouth-reid#ixzz2h5BbR3Sh

Chris Matthews in a candid moment. Kind of revealing, LOL Propeller Heads.

And the Administrations shameful actions with the National Parks Administration.

“It’s a cheap way to deal with the situation,” an angry Park Serviceranger in Washingtonsays of the harassment. “We’ve been told to make life as difficult for people as we can. It’s disgusting.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/3/pruden-the-cheap-tricks-of-the-game/#ixzz2gxwAwtgY

Charter guides received a message from the National Park Service this week informing them that they are not permitted to take clients fishing in Florida Bay until the feds get back to work.

http://www.miamihera...istributor.html

WWII Memorial Barricade Wired Shut

Lake Mead property owners forced out until shutdown ends

http://www.ktnv.com/...1.html?lc=Smart

he’s essentially private property, on a road that’s still open, and uses no government personnel, so he sees no reason to quit operating

http://www.washingto...rvice-shutdown/

They even set cones out in South Dakota so people could not pull over and view Mt. Rushmore.

Petty and Disgusting.

Nothing you've linked or written bears any relation, in any substantive way, to the discussion at hand, while being so poorly formatted as to be almost unreadable. I took a shot anyway.

As far as I can tell, the first two links are to HR 2668 (vote tally) and then an objection from Harry Reid when Sen. McConnell asked for UNANIMOUS CONSENT to pass the measure in the senate. I'm not sure how familiar you are with parliamentary procedure, but basically the "unanimous consent" motion is a way to expedite the passage of a bill WITHOUT VOTING. If anyone objects, then the bill has to go to a vote. McConnell said, "I want to pass this bill without a vote." Reid said, "no, let's vote." Reid was the specific senator objecting because McConnell was the senator floating the motion. McConnell is the minority leader, so the majority leader responded. This is... you know this is nonsense, right? What you're talking about?

The other stuff is, like, random stories about how the shutdown sucks, a link to a story about how Obama is too conservative for hill Democrats, and a link to the Washington Times (which sounds like a newspaper, but is Sun Myung Moon's nutbag rag, and it is insane, and I dare you to suggest it isn't insane because I will link to 100,000,000 insane articles).

Please, if you want to engage on the issue, engage. Don't link-spam nonsense. And don't intentionally and actively lie, like with the unanimous consent link. There are some actual reasons to sympathize with conservatives, and if you're a tea-party Republican, please, explain why the shut-down + debt-ceiling strategy isn't irresponsible. If you're not a tea-party ®, maybe explain, you know, why you don't hate the hyper-conservative wing of your own party right now?

I'm a huge fan of individual rights, small federal govt, fiscal responsibility, strong national defense, and even a supporter of the 2nd Amendment. But I ****ing hate the Republican Party so much right now

Finally, JustDoIt, people like you are absolutely ****ing killing the party, and I want to puke all over your head, sir.

the debt ceiling thing is never happening, but I honestly wish the suited monkeys would stop joking about doing it. that is the one actual immediately horribly damaging thing they could do to this country, economically speaking. if the world began to believe we could possibly be that stupid--that is, we aren't doing it, but bond investors start thinking we might--it instantly makes it way more expensive to run our government.

thankfully, everyone knows the Republicans are full of shit.

the debt ceiling thing is never happening, but I honestly wish the suited monkeys would stop joking about doing it. that is the one actual immediately horribly damaging thing they could do to this country, economically speaking. if the world began to believe we could possibly be that stupid--that is, we aren't doing it, but bond investors start thinking we might--it instantly makes it way more expensive to run our government.

thankfully, everyone knows the Republicans are full of shit.

I don't know much about finance or econ, but every day, as politicians run their mouth about the debt ceiling, investor confidence simply has to decrease, right? I mean, even if we go from 100% certain to 98% certain that we'll find a way to raise the debt ceiling, that will have a real, tangible impact. And now politicians are floating the idea of "prioritizing," which is... I don't even know, but at some point Wall Street (and every other interested party, which is to say every single person in the entire world) is going to start thinking, "man, do these clowns actually.... they can't really.... I mean there's no chance but.... wait, if they do though..."

And the world's economy shrinks by 1% in 3 days.

Also, man, last job in the world I'd want right now is Federal Reserve Chairman. "SHOULD I BE BUYING BONDS OR SELLING BONDS OR KILLING MYSELF?"

I don't know much about finance or econ, but every day, as politicians run their mouth about the debt ceiling, investor confidence simply has to decrease, right? I mean, even if we go from 100% certain to 98% certain that we'll find a way to raise the debt ceiling, that will have a real, tangible impact. And now politicians are floating the idea of "prioritizing," which is... I don't even know, but at some point Wall Street (and every other interested party, which is to say every single person in the entire world) is going to start thinking, "man, do these clowns actually.... they can't really.... I mean there's no chance but.... wait, if they do though..."

And the world's economy shrinks by 1% in 3 days.

Also, man, last job in the world I'd want right now is Federal Reserve Chairman. "SHOULD I BE BUYING BONDS OR SELLING BONDS OR KILLING MYSELF?"

That's what I thought would happen last time, and it didn't. This time, there doesn't seem to be any momentum to do any damage - even the GOP is admitting it is just a play for benefits, which I think implies no one willing to do any significant damage. There were some drops in investor confidence last time, but it also pushes hedge funds and people like that to do weird stuff, so the overall effect was mixed. If I recall correctly, the drop in investor confidence was significantly less than just about during any cyclical recessionary period.

Nothing you've linked or written bears any relation, in any substantive way, to the discussion at hand, while being so poorly formatted as to be almost unreadable. I took a shot anyway.

As far as I can tell, the first two links are to HR 2668 (vote tally) and then an objection from Harry Reid when Sen. McConnell asked for UNANIMOUS CONSENT to pass the measure in the senate. I'm not sure how familiar you are with parliamentary procedure, but basically the "unanimous consent" motion is a way to expedite the passage of a bill WITHOUT VOTING. If anyone objects, then the bill has to go to a vote. McConnell said, "I want to pass this bill without a vote." Reid said, "no, let's vote." Reid was the specific senator objecting because McConnell was the senator floating the motion. McConnell is the minority leader, so the majority leader responded. This is... you know this is nonsense, right? What you're talking about?

The other stuff is, like, random stories about how the shutdown sucks, a link to a story about how Obama is too conservative for hill Democrats, and a link to the Washington Times (which sounds like a newspaper, but is Sun Myung Moon's nutbag rag, and it is insane, and I dare you to suggest it isn't insane because I will link to 100,000,000 insane articles).

Please, if you want to engage on the issue, engage. Don't link-spam nonsense. And don't intentionally and actively lie, like with the unanimous consent link. There are some actual reasons to sympathize with conservatives, and if you're a tea-party Republican, please, explain why the shut-down + debt-ceiling strategy isn't irresponsible. If you're not a tea-party ®, maybe explain, you know, why you don't hate the hyper-conservative wing of your own party right now?

I'm a huge fan of individual rights, small federal govt, fiscal responsibility, strong national defense, and even a supporter of the 2nd Amendment. But I ****ing hate the Republican Party so much right now

Finally, JustDoIt, people like you are absolutely ****ing killing the party, and I want to puke all over your head, sir.

I have no idea how someone comes up with the time or energy to thoughtfully respond to that mess of puke. Good for you, I guess.

I have no idea how someone comes up with the time or energy to thoughtfully respond to that mess of puke. Good for you, I guess.

Wang - and/or his brother - is one of the good ones.