Random News Observations

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

pourmecoffee ‏@pourmecoffee 18m

Snowden to be released from Moscow airport, given one hour head start, and hunted by shirtless Putin on horseback.

9 shots. Sounded like just one cop firing. No one else on board. Let the second guessing begin.

"He died at the hospital after suffering a gunshot wound the SIU said."

Toronto Police shoot and kill a man with a knife on a streetcar

http://youtu.be/PuItH2raahg

I thought Canadian police carried lolipops and buttplugs instead of guns.

Good to see them removing the shithead from the population the North American way.

Go out into society threatening people with weapons, get shot down.

I thought Canadian police carried lolipops and buttplugs instead of guns.

Good to see them removing the shithead from the population the North American way.

Go out into society threatening people with weapons, get shot down.

Only at the Pride Parade

bp21.jpg

TorontoPoliceatPrideParade.JPG?width=434&height=600

Chicago has a huge Gay Pride parade.

That shit would NEVER EVER EVER EVER be tollerated by the police here.

We like our cops cruel-hearted and suspicious in the Windy City.

Two new higher quality videos of the Toronto Police shooting. In the second one it looks like he started to move forward towards the front door of the street car and that's when he was first shot. I'm having trouble seeing how the second group of shots was necessary but we can't see what he was doing after first getting shot.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/27/man-shot-on-ttc-streetcar

http://youtu.be/lG6OTyjzAgg

http://youtu.be/Pi4In494rAg

Chicago has a huge Gay Pride parade.

That shit would NEVER EVER EVER EVER be tollerated by the police here.

We like our cops cruel-hearted and suspicious in the Windy City.

God, the idea of spraying a CPD in the face with a super soaker is horrifying to me, it makes me afraid just thinking about it. The CPD is already on edge with their desire to start bashing all the queers mincing around them to begin with, that's just giving them an excuse to reach for the baton they already want to be using.

I'm having trouble seeing how the second group of shots was necessary but we can't see what he was doing after first getting shot.

This was my first impression as well.

I'm usually on board with "If you can justify the first one, they're all justified after that" but there are odd circumstances.

Like, we know he had just been shot, we know he was down, we know he couldn't have been moving that quickly given the relationship between the camera and where hep resumably was when the second salvo of shots went in. Was there really nothing other than a subsequent use of a firearm to deal with a gravely wounded person with a knife, agonizingly crawling slower than a turtle?

They'll have to answer to that.

Ultimately, though, given the world we live in; a world where a police officer was beheaded by a 'Muslim' with a knife, young middle-eastern appearing men probably should expect no quarter if they plan on running around, terrorizing people with weapons.

This shooting falls squarely in the 'good riddance' category for me. Honestly, they probably did civilization a solid by ensuring his genes were gone forever from the pool. If that required a couple more shots, who cares.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/07/29/toronto-prepares-for-anti-police-demonstration-after-shooting-of-sammy-yatim-as-top-cop-promises-answers/

“If you take one step in this direction with that foot …[inaudible] die,” a male police officer appears to tell the teenager. Five seconds later the first three shots ring out.

Sounds like a perfectly forthright and honest command for a police officer to give to a madman holding a knife.

I always view the actions of cops like this; lets say the situation were equal but instead of it being a cop and a bad guy, it were that same bad guy doing that same thing towards my mother or kid.

Would I be justified to point a gun at him and say "If you take another step forward with that knife, you're going to ****ing die?"

Yes.

Would I be justified to shoot him if he aggressed upon my mother or wife with a knife?

Yes.

Cops are paid to intercede in shitty situations like that, but they're not paid to get themselves killed in giving the benefit of the doubt to someone acting in a homocidal fashion. There have DEFINITELY been cases where cops acted inappropriately and leaned heavily on this sentiment to justify some otherwise 'hard to justify' actions but in this case, per the video, I side with the cops. They did what we're paying them to do.

• Like 1

Evaporating ones brain stem with a 5.56 would be a considerably less painful, less agonizing, less expensive process than what goes into lethal injection, now.

Personally, if I were to re-write the laws, we'd have three different 'levels' of the death penalty.

* Bullet to the brain stem

* Bullet to the guts

* Immolation

Depending on the severity of your crime, different levels of death penalty could be applied.

Evaporating ones brain stem with a 5.56 would be a considerably less painful, less agonizing, less expensive process than what goes into lethal injection, now.

Personally, if I were to re-write the laws, we'd have three different 'levels' of the death penalty.

* Bullet to the brain stem

* Bullet to the guts

* Immolation

Depending on the severity of your crime, different levels of death penalty could be applied.

Sending a bill for the execution to the immediate family makes more economic sesnse.

How a monster ‘fatberg’ clogged a London sewer — ‘We’ve never seen a single lump of lard this big’

LONDON — It may look like an iceberg, but there’s nothing cool about it.

Utility company Thames Water says it has discovered what it calls the biggest “fatberg” ever recorded in Britain — a 15-tonnes blob of congealed fat and baby wipes the size of a bus lodged in a sewer drain.

Thames Water says the mound of “wrongly flushed festering food fat mixed with wet wipes” was found under under London Road in Kingston, Surrey.

http://youtu.be/R5ayo54J_u0