Random News Observations

There were a couple of extremely mild protests in Oakland. Obama doesn't need to do anything. The prosecutors in this case went for a home run when the best the evidence could have gotten them was a single. Bad move. There will probably be a civil suit and that will be the end of it.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

I disagree. I think it is a perfectly valid argument. Crime exists, therefore it is hypocritical to pay attention to any crime.

Sad reality is nobody gets involved in Chicago unless they can enjoy a Political windfall. So that tells me that they really don't give a f**k about blacks, just use them.

There were a couple of extremely mild protests in Oakland. Obama doesn't need to do anything. The prosecutors in this case went for a home run when the best the evidence could have gotten them was a single. Bad move. There will probably be a civil suit and that will be the end of it.

But not the end of Blood shed in Chicago. Shame!

Obama On George Zimmerman Verdict: 'Honor Trayvon Martin' By Stemming Gun Violence

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/14/obama-george-zimmerman_n_3595631.html

Nor the end of drug violence on the border or gun violence in east St. Louis or meth labs in alaska. I don't get your point except Obama is from Chicago so this must be another sad way to take digs at the president,

Nor the end of drug violence on the border or gun violence in east St. Louis or meth labs in alaska. I don't get your point except Obama is from Chicago so this must be another sad way to take digs at the president,

We are currently talking about blacks getting slaughtered and oh well. Really don't want to go in fifty directions. Of course we could discuss about the 14 kids slaughtered in Mexico by Fast and Furious guns.

http://www.dailymail...o-massacre.html

But I made my point about Chicago etc. By the way has nothing to do with Obama living in Chicago, no digs but he along with the previous list of people could do more.

The only flaw in the system was that we had a trial that was totally politically driven.

How can you say Zimmerman did not grant Martin presumption of innocence? Did he stop Martin from going home? NO!

And if the police would have showed up when Witness Good showed up who would have justifiably been arrested...... Martin.

If you would have followed the trial and all the evidence it was a total sham and you would have learned that Martin had time and opportunity to just go home.

And yes I have done the same thing Zimmerman was doing in my neighborhood.

And yes I feel terrible for both families and my prayers goes out to both of them.

Was Martin under some obligation to go home? If Zimmerman had stayed in his car or if he had gone home then this wouldn't have happened.

Was Martin under some obligation to go home? If Zimmerman had stayed in his car or if he had gone home then this wouldn't have happened.

But, I mean, you could say this about anything. If only this had been different then x wouldn't have happened.

There are almost always 2 people on a sidewalk at any given time, if Trayvon hadn't attacked the other person on his sidewalk, then this wouldn't have happened.

But, I mean, you could say this about anything. If only this had been different then x wouldn't have happened.

There are almost always 2 people on a sidewalk at any given time, if Trayvon hadn't attacked the other person on his sidewalk, then this wouldn't have happened.

That's my point.

Martin was an innocent person walking down the street. Who changed that?

If someone like Zimmerman is going to take the law into their own hands then shouldn't they be held accountable to certain laws that law enforcement officials are expected to obey ex/ racial profiling? Is racial profiling illegal in FLA?

That's my point.

Martin was an innocent person walking down the street. Who changed that?

Martin did. By attacking another person who was also innocently walking down the street.

If someone like Zimmerman is going to take the law into their own hands then shouldn't they be held accountable to certain laws that law enforcement officials are expected to obey ex/ racial profiling? Is racial profiling illegal in FLA?

Are you sure he was profiling?

This is his 911 call:

http://en.wikipedia....oting_Call1.ogg

The issue was his behavior, not his color. In fact, he didn't know for sure what color he was at first. He said, "He looks.... black." Then later confirms that he was a young black male.

There is talk that Zimmerman could be charged with a civil rights violation by the DOJ but I doubt it.

Martin did. By ALLEGEDLY attacking another person who was following him with a concealed weapon despite being asked not to by 911.

f'd. I don't think the prosecution had nearly enough evidence but that doesn't mean I'm blindly buying every part of Zimmerman's story either. The other side of the story is dead.

edit: which is why I hate ultra-aggressive self-defense laws. You are taking as gospel the story of a guy who shot a 17 year old. Why? Because he is the only one alive to give his side. So glad I'm moving out of Florida to be honest.

From Rino Joe Scarborough

George Zimmerman trial expands deep divide

The entire spectacle was repulsive.

The Zimmerman verdict showed just how politicized every speck of American life has become for a hyper-partisan political class that has little in common with most Americans. In fact, they are probably why most Americans hate politics.

How exactly was it that liberals and conservatives could so neatly line up on opposite sides of a troubling courtroom trial involving a Hispanic man and an African-American teenager?

And how could one side unanimously proclaim the verdict a victory for courtroom justice while the other side immediately declared the verdict a defeat for racial tolerance?

There has to be a liberal somewhere in America (who is paid to express his viewpoints) who understands that the prosecution had a difficult burden to carry in the trial, just as there must be a conservative who is deeply troubled by the of events of this case.

If it seems like I am taking a removed, middle-ground approach on this trial, let me assure you that I am not.

I am angry that George Zimmerman could chase a teenager through his neighborhood, ignore a dispatcher’s pleas, make racially charged statements, provoke a confrontation with a young man armed only with Skittles, and pull the trigger that ended that teenager’s life, only to walk away without as much as a misdemeanor attached to his name. But I also know that the laws of Florida favored the defense, that the prosecution overreached in its efforts to convict Zimmerman on a second-degree murder charge, and that we will never know which man was screaming for help in the moments that George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin. I also know that it is a fool’s errand to second-guess the conclusions of a jury that sat through countless hours of testimony and evidence before reaching a verdict.

But that doesn’t mean I can’t draw my own personal conclusions, like my belief that George Zimmerman is a racist idiot who chased an unarmed teenager through a neighborhood for little reason more than he was a black man wearing a hoodie. I can also conclude that many conservative commentators were offensive in their reflexive defense of Zimmerman, as well as their efforts to attack the integrity of a dead black teenager. I am also not sure how it is that the right-wing’s professional chattering classes usually find themselves on the other side of African-Americans in racially sensitive cases.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/george-zimmerman-trial-expands-deep-divide-94125.html#ixzz2Z3se27HW

Actual quote from the 911 operator

911: "Are you following him?"

GZ: "Yeah"

911: "Ok, we don't need you to do that."

HOW DARE HE DISOBEY THAT DIRECT ORDER!

You are taking as gospel the story of a guy who shot a 17 year old. Why? Because he is the only one alive to give his side.

That... AND the evidence.

Witness call to 911 with GZ screaming help in the background:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Trayvon_Martin_Shooting_Call3.ogg

Lol. Whose voice that is was a hotly disputed issue at trial with voice experts determining it inconclusive. So easy to be swayed by one side of the story when it's the only one you get...

Actual quote from the 911 operator

911: "Are you following him?"

GZ: "Yeah"

911: "Ok, we don't need you to do that."

HOW DARE HE DISOBEY THAT DIRECT ORDER!

I know the first thing I do when the police tell me "we don't need you to do that" is doing that exact thing. Are you serious?

Lol. Whose voice that is was a hotly disputed issue at trial with voice experts determining it inconclusive. So easy to be swayed by one side of the story when it's the only one you get...

The voice 'experts' testimony wasn't allowed in court because they weren't actually experts in science.

Also Trayvon's dad said it wasn't his son when the police had him listen, but you're right... at trial, it was suddenly inconclusive.

I know the first thing I do when the police tell me "we don't need you to do that" is doing that exact thing. Are you serious?

You said that the police told him NOT to do that. That was untrue.

Also, he had lost visual contact with him and was trying to reestablish his location when the dispatcher said that, which isn't the definition of following that you are labeling him with.

The state contention was that Zimmerman was this rabid pursuer, kept Martin from going home. Reference to four minutes was the defense blowing the state theory apart. Your right he could have just walked around all he wanted. Police would have come and checked him out, explain the concerns and everything is cool. But that is not what happened, he ended up on top of Zimmerman MMA Style and punching on him.

The voice 'experts' testimony wasn't allowed in court because they weren't actually experts in science.

Also Trayvon's dad said it wasn't his son when the police had him listen, but you're right... at trial, it was suddenly inconclusive.

I've heard the audio. It sounds like a 15 year old girl is screaming.

Martin did. By attacking another person who was also innocently walking down the street.

Holy shit, this can't be serious. Are you fcking kidding with this? I mean, this is a home, right? Attacked a guy on a sidewalk? You CAN'T be this stupid. Can't be.

What would you do if some guy flashed a piece at you? GZ ran up on a dude, got in that kid's shit by asking the kid's business and nnot minding his own, got his ass whipped and resorted to deadly violence.

Wow brv, seriously? You think GZ just politely asked what the kid was up to and got attacked?

Holy shit, this can't be serious. Are you fcking kidding with this? I mean, this is a home, right? Attacked a guy on a sidewalk? You CAN'T be this stupid. Can't be.

What would you do if some guy flashed a piece at you? GZ ran up on a dude, got in that kid's shit by asking the kid's business and nnot minding his own, got his ass whipped and resorted to deadly violence.

Wow brv, seriously? You think GZ just politely asked what the kid was up to and got attacked?

Your version was definitely not part of the trial or evidence. Better read the transcript of 911 call. And again I will bring up the four minutes, more than enough time for Martin to go home.

I was going to quote, but I'm not going to bother.

However, even if Martin had time to go home, but chose not to, that is completely irrelevant. He's not obligated to go anywhere. He was standing his ground, as he's legally permitted to. Even if Martin did punch the daylights out of Zimmerman, he could (if he were still alive) simply say he felt threatened and responded with violence. That's legal. How is Zimmerman to claim self-defence when Martin was merely standing his ground? That's why stand your ground laws are so stupid. Escalating a situation matters.

I was going to quote, but I'm not going to bother.

However, even if Martin had time to go home, but chose not to, that is completely irrelevant. He's not obligated to go anywhere. He was standing his ground, as he's legally permitted to. Even if Martin did punch the daylights out of Zimmerman, he could (if he were still alive) simply say he felt threatened and responded with violence. That's legal. How is Zimmerman to claim self-defence when Martin was merely standing his ground? That's why stand your ground laws are so stupid. Escalating a situation matters.

Wrong, as stated above this was a big part of the states case, the rabid pursuer. And the defense totally blew it up.

And the 911 call would have invalidated any claim by Martin of self defense if he had survived.

By the way this case was never a stand your ground case.