Random News Observations

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

Well its not all bad news over seas

Old Glory strikes back.

In an apparent case of red, white and blue revenge, a Pakistani protester died yesterday after inhaling smoke from a burning American flag during an anti-US rally.

Abdullah Ismail succumbed at Mayo Hospital in Lahore a day after attending the fierce protest at the city’s Mall Road, where an estimated 10,000 people rallied.

Witnesses said Ismail had complained of feeling ill after breathing fumes from burning flags, Pakistan’s Express Tribune reported.

• Like 1

So things might be getting really interesting soon

China hints at attacking the Japanese bond market

And Chinese General talks about war with Japan.

So if China goes for Japan, which would be ironic given the 1920s-40s reversal, does America stand aside? We do have a Status of Force agreement that basically says they are not allowed to have a strong military in exchange for us protecting them.

Do we scrap that?

Which begs the question then, do we also write off Tiawan? since letting China have Japan means that we aren't going to stop them anywhere else.

What if we had already pulled our forces down? Would we be better off with China taking over all of Indo-China without a hint at serious opposition?

If china gets belligerent for real, then shit is going to hit the fan.

Sounds like bluster to me though China has a good thing going why would they invade Japan and alienate the whole world?

If china gets belligerent for real, then shit is going to hit the fan.

Sounds like bluster to me though China has a good thing going why would they invade Japan and alienate the whole world?

Why would a country that is doing well decide to invade another country for their stuff????

Got me.

But we may find out that we have a policy of isolationism without actually knowing we had one if China makes moves that we don't step up to counter.

We could take China in an all out war sans nukes without much problem. I mean it would be nasty, but they are 1/2 of us in terms of actual strength of military....if we are willing to go the whole way.

We piece meal it like we've done...oh every time since WW2..then the best we can do is throw away American lives for some other country that undercuts our trade laws.

Risk/reward....they are going to alienate the US over three islands of little value? We are their best customer and the only country that isn't remotely threatened by their military. I guess I find the current Chinese regime more logical than that despite their facist tendencies.

Why would a country that is doing well decide to invade another country for their stuff????

Got me.

But we may find out that we have a policy of isolationism without actually knowing we had one if China makes moves that we don't step up to counter.

We could take China in an all out war sans nukes without much problem. I mean it would be nasty, but they are 1/2 of us in terms of actual strength of military....if we are willing to go the whole way.

We piece meal it like we've done...oh every time since WW2..then the best we can do is throw away American lives for some other country that undercuts our trade laws.

What our military is able to do and what our leadership and general public are able to handle are not the same. While you may be accurate in the accessment of the military our leaders, our government and our general public are a bunch of pussies. As country in total we don't have the guts to win a war with China...it is a shame but true - IMO with todays attitude we could not and would not have won WW2 either.

I read a lot of Chinese news every day both from independent sources and from official Chinese English sources.

You have to realize that this has very little to do with the islands in question but is more about national pride and past conflict.

Chinese children are taught in school from a very young age about the atrocities that Japan inflicted on China. There are still intense feelings and you mix that up with Chinese Nationalism and it doesn't take much for the average Chinese person in the street to want to nuke Japan.

It isn't going to come to that but I think there is a real chance that a mini economic war could break out between China and Japan and that will hurt everybody.

Taiwan is at no risk in any of this. Mainland China and Taiwan have been steadily growing closer over the years and that is only going to accelerate I think.

You may find this interesting on China

The ballad of the Chinese middle class

The Chinese Government is starting to clamp down on the anti-Japanese protests since they were starting to get out of their control.

http://www.reuters.c...E88F00H20120919

Analysis: Chinese leaders may come to regret anti-Japan protests

"Down with US imperialism" and "Pay us back our money!"

Analysis: Mistrust, rivalry and bad timing fan Japan-China row

Risk/reward....they are going to alienate the US over three islands of little value? We are their best customer and the only country that isn't remotely threatened by their military. I guess I find the current Chinese regime more logical than that despite their facist tendencies.

This.. HOWEVER A peaceful anschluss would be nice. tHEN WE could cancel our debt to them and renegotiate a better trade arrangement.
  • 2 weeks later...

Ann Coulter makes liberal women curse

I do enjoy watching liberals get so angry when their false beliefs are challenged.

Yeah, Ann Coulter said earlier this week that civil rights are only for blacks, not women or immigrants. I wouldn't be going to her for any sort of "reality". I like how she brings up voter fraud right the same week we found out every Republican led investigation of voter fraud found it happens about .0001% of the time. People who make things up make me angry too. So, that's two things I have in common with Whoopi (the other being thinking Eddie was a great movie).

Yeah, Ann Coulter said earlier this week that civil rights are only for blacks, not women or immigrants. I wouldn't be going to her for any sort of "reality". I like how she brings up voter fraud right the same week we found out every Republican led investigation of voter fraud found it happens about .0001% of the time. People who make things up make me angry too. So, that's two things I have in common with Whoopi (the other being thinking Eddie was a great movie).

I think you don't read well or something. I suspect that the blinders on your head are way too tight.