Random News Observations

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

Cherry Garcia
Wait. Are we naming the best flavors of Ben And Jerry's now? Because Cherry Garcia is the balls.
Make believe. Pretty much every major scientific school of study was started by Christians.Atheist on the other hand, yea they are parasites on society who have contributed next to nothing. Unless you want to count communism as something.
For the record, are we meant to take this as your actual position or as a parody of your opponent's?
To be clear, it's 2 specific guys who wrote an article, not scholars in general. Also, it seems to me that they aren't being the least bit sincere but rather are trying to show how bad abortion is by likening it to post-birth infant murder.
To be clear, it's 2 specific guys who wrote an article, not scholars in general.
jayzbeyonce.jpg

You should probably leave the Jay-Z pictures to bigd, because that was not a great usage. The actual headline describes them as "experts," not scholars, but that doesn't make it sound any better really. It's a ridiculous headline and a ridiculous story. Rather than "experts" or "scholars" the headline should read "two assholes." Perhaps I wasn't quite clear enough.

I love the state of Washington today.Treasury Department to investigate terror group paying speaking fees to politicians.Basically President Clinton put this group on the state's terrorist list in order to get the Iranian nutbags in charge to like us.This 'terrorist group' wants to over throw Ackmydinnersbad and remove the militant religious faction from any form of political power in Iran.So they are asking politicians from both sides of the aisle to help get them removed from the terrorist list. And of course no politician is willing to do this for free.So now the treasury department is looking into these payments to see if they need to be punished for doing something that would be good for the stability of the world, but they are unwilling to do unless someone pays them.We are definitely in the decaying years of this country.

"I Decided To Consume Only Conservative News Sources For A Week, Here's What I Learned "http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/...servative_news/
What's funny about this is that on Reddit, 1. they are surprised that conservative news has a conservative viewpoint, and 2. they pretend that the lefty newstations are unbiased and of high quality.
What's funny about this is that on Reddit, 1. they are surprised that conservative news has a conservative viewpoint, and 2. they pretend that the lefty newstations are unbiased and of high quality.
I think the difference is that level of planning and coordinatiion that goes into the message that the right wing puts out from their news sources is far greater. People like the Koch Brothers can't stand any message getting out there that isn't 100% in support of their political agenda. Just look at what's happening at the Cato Institute with their attempt to totally take it over so that it becomes nothing more than a mouthpiece for them and their causes.
I think the difference is that level of planning and coordinatiion that goes into the message that the right wing puts out from their news sources is far greater. People like the Koch Brothers can't stand any message getting out there that isn't 100% in support of their political agenda. Just look at what's happening at the Cato Institute with their attempt to totally take it over so that it becomes nothing more than a mouthpiece for them and their causes.
I think the same about the left.For example the recent slut from Georgetown.She is being handled by the former Obama communication's director, who started a PR firm.She refuses to go on any news show except lefty ones. She intended all along to be an activist, yet she is treated as a poor college student who feels strongly about getting enough birth control to sleep with the entire lacrosse team, daily..If it wasn't for the right's news organizations, we would be stuck feeding on the lies that the left has been shoving down our collective throats in order to deflect from President Obama's complete screw up over Catholic hospitals.
I think you are kidding yourself on that. Ever heard of Soros? Buffet? You think they just woke up one morning and formed vast messaging machines that just happen to coordinate perfectly with what the Democratic leaders just happen to be pushing that day?
I think you are kidding yourself on that. Ever heard of Soros? Buffet? You think they just woke up one morning and formed vast messaging machines that just happen to coordinate perfectly with what the Democratic leaders just happen to be pushing that day?
What is your opinion of what's going on at the Cato Institute with the Koch Brothers
What is your opinion of what's going on at the Cato Institute with the Koch Brothers
I'm not sure what the Koch's hope to gain from it. CATO would lose a lot of top people and almost all of their credibility. I've been reading articles from both sides on it, and the people on the left are saying "I don't agree with their goals or philosophy, but I have to admit they are independent and honest", and the people on the right and libertarians are saying they would not trust CATO after that. Even if the Koch's are being honest in saying nothing would change -- and nobody really believes they are -- just the loss of credibility would hurt their cause more than they could hope to gain by having tighter control. People listen to Cato because they are happy to criticize R's and give credit to the D's when it is deserved. It appears the Koch's don't like that.
"I Decided To Consume Only Conservative News Sources For A Week, Here's What I Learned "http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/...servative_news/
Yeah, exactly. The problem with FOX isn't the fact that it's conservative. It's that it's just plain awful.
She intended all along to be an activist, yet she is treated as a poor college student who feels strongly about getting enough birth control to sleep with the entire lacrosse team, daily..
I don't think you actually know what Law School is.
2. they pretend that the lefty newstations are unbiased and of high quality.
That's not what he said. He said both are biased and filled with rhetoric but conservative media is both worse and more likely to out and out lie. They also use the patsy liberal guest technique which I never see on CNN for instance.
More people watch hannities midnight rerun, then msnbc highest rated show in prime.Cant be that awful.At least not to the unbiased.
What the hell? I can see how someone who think your comment is "logical" would like Fox News.