Random News Observations

Who in this country says that we don't need to decrease dependence on foreign oil?
Yeah, nobody says that, but they don't support the things necessary for that goal, e.g. nuclear power and public transportation investment.
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

Yeah, nobody says that, but they don't support the things necessary for that goal, e.g. nuclear power and public transportation investment.
i think nuclear power is huge for our future and i fully support public transportation for others just not myself!! i have always lived in the burbs and waiting for a bus, train or subway just doesn't work for me, however i am fine with grabbing a cab as needed!

The whole point of engaging in this absurdity is to point out the deep hypocrisy of all you right wing fucknuts who are amazingly eager to ring the political cash register with Freedom Rhetoric at every opportunity but are in fact fucking terrible at protecting ACTUAL personal freedoms, whether it's where some dude wants to stick his cock or which magic sky fairy people want to worship et al. As long as laws aren't being broken it's none of your business.

The whole point of engaging in this absurdity is to point out the deep hypocrisy of all you right wing fucknuts who are amazingly eager to ring the political cash register with Freedom Rhetoric at every opportunity but are in fact fucking terrible at protecting ACTUAL personal freedoms, whether it's where some dude wants to stick his cock or which magic sky fairy people want to worship et al. As long as laws aren't being broken it's none of your business.
Are you talking about actual people here?

Cliffs:Someone: muslims be trippingMK: Mulsims don't be tripping no worse than them Christians who be tripping worse!BG: Nope, Atheist be tripping worse as shown through out their short miserable existanceMK: Christians be killing people and its whack, Bg: Nope, Christians no be killing peopleMK: Here's proof, 5,000 years ago they killed 42 peopleBG: I don't think you get it.MK: I WINJJJ: But...radical muslims are really whack because vb says so.MK: He's whackJJJ: Don't want to fight, just trying to be chill....but vb....is...........right?MK: No he aint. And the republican base is wrong for not wanting us to drive electric carsBunch of people: Uh...not sure how you make that SegwayMK: Segways would be whack.

everyone should read this book
Looks good. I would suggest reading Hirsi Ali and Maryam Namasi for some insight into women growing up in Islamic cultures who are speaking out against it.
I agree for the most part. There is a difference between the athiest movement criticisms of Islam since we freely criticize all religons and Christians doing it simply because they feel their priveledge as leaders of woo woo are threatened. Athiests actually believe in helping to rationally change thier culture for the better. For example I feel it is good to speak out against the cultures that commit female circumsision and bag their women's heads and treat them like cattle. But given the current rhetoric in the Republican party, I'm not too sure they wouldn't love to implement some similar policies to the extremist muslims.1-2.png
To be fair, though, Christianity did destroy western civilization for about 1500 years, so there's that.
Hey! They did invent the Water Wheel and the uhh, umm, well, yeah, they did that! The Romans might have had roads that the Europe didn't replicate for 1000 years after the Christians took over but hey, you can't blame that on being anti-science. It just happened.
Cliffs:Someone: muslims be trippingMK: Mulsims don't be tripping no worse than them Christians who be tripping worse!BG: Nope, Atheist be tripping worse as shown through out their short miserable existanceMK: Christians be killing people and its whack, Bg: Nope, Christians no be killing peopleMK: Here's proof, 5,000 years ago they killed 42 peopleBG: I don't think you get it.MK: I WINJJJ: But...radical muslims are really whack because vb says so.MK: He's whackJJJ: Don't want to fight, just trying to be chill....but vb....is...........right?MK: No he aint. And the republican base is wrong for not wanting us to drive electric carsBunch of people: Uh...not sure how you make that SegwayMK: Segways would be whack.
But they are electric.
Hey! They did invent the Water Wheel and the uhh, umm, well, yeah, they did that! The Romans might have had roads that the Europe didn't replicate for 1000 years after the Christians took over but hey, you can't blame that on being anti-science. It just happened.
eh. if I had to blame someone for the fall of the roman empire, I would probably pick commodus or julia maesa, neither christian. JM put two pretty awful emperors on the throne which basically led to portions of the empire seceding, the military choosing every emperor for a long time, yadda yadda.BG: DO YOU HAVE ONE OF THESE?

I bought a bunch of these type of coins years ago, soaked them in olive oil and brushed them with a copper wire brush for many many weeks. Found a couple really cool ones, but over all most old coins are common. Well as common as a coin from the Roman Empire can be.Is that one special for some reason? Pontius Pilate?

I bought a bunch of these type of coins years ago, soaked them in olive oil and brushed them with a copper wire brush for many many weeks. Found a couple really cool ones, but over all most old coins are common. Well as common as a coin from the Roman Empire can be.Is that one special for some reason? Pontius Pilate?Oh, Tiberius. It would be cool to own. I have a piece of the building that Paul preached at for a year in Ephesus. ( stole it off the ground )

I bought a bunch of these type of coins years ago, soaked them in olive oil and brushed them with a copper wire brush for many many weeks. Found a couple really cool ones, but over all most old coins are common. Well as common as a coin from the Roman Empire can be.Is that one special for some reason? Pontius Pilate?Oh, Tiberius. It would be cool to own. I have a piece of the building that Paul preached at for a year in Ephesus. ( stole it off the ground )
yeah, tiberius' denarius is the tribute penny, render unto caesar, etc. it's unusually expensive for a coin that was issued over a period of 22.5 years without being sought out and destroyed afterward. so thanks for that, bible.
eh. if I had to blame someone for the fall of the roman empire, I would probably pick commodus or julia maesa, neither christian. JM put two pretty awful emperors on the throne which basically led to portions of the empire seceding, the military choosing every emperor for a long time, yadda yadda.BG: DO YOU HAVE ONE OF THESE?
I believe what he was refering to was the fact that over that 1500 year period religon stifled science and scorned any thoughts considered inventive as heresy. There were only a couple major techonological advancements during that period, one being the water wheel. This was elaborated on in a book called, World lit only by Fire I read a while back. Part of the reason they called it the Enlightenment was specifically because it broke through this old dogma.
I believe what he was refering to was the fact that over that 1500 year period religon stifled science and scorned any thoughts considered inventive as heresy. There were only a couple major techonological advancements during that period, one being the water wheel. This was elaborated on in a book called, World lit only by Fire I read a while back. Part of the reason they called it the Enlightenment was specifically because it broke through this old dogma.
Make believe. Pretty much every major scientific school of study was started by Christians.Atheist on the other hand, yea they are parasites on society who have contributed next to nothing. Unless you want to count communism as something.