Random News Observations

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most interesting thing about the worlds largest beaver dam is that it was discovered via Google Earth and some guy trekked out there to see it IRL and was the first person to ever set foot in that

Beware of overcharging someone. Thats the #1 lesson learned from the Zimmerman case. He was guilty of avoidable behavior that ultimately culminated in a fatality- manslaughter- but he was not guilty

You should've tried to get on the jury and convince the rest that he was not guilty.

Posted Images

Speaking of the south, here's what Think Progress thinks of the people affected by the tornadoes: they deserved it because they are a bunch of global warming deniers.
I heard a liberal guy on his radio show talking about this."This is total proof that there is global warming, I went outside at 10 O'clock and it was 82 degrees"I mean we all know the tornadoes were caused by deficit spending.
Speaking of the south, here's what Think Progress thinks of the people affected by the tornadoes: they deserved it because they are a bunch of global warming deniers.
I don't think they necessarily feel that they deserved it and the article didn't come off that way to me anyways. The fact that the tornadoes did happen in that area of the USA adds another interesting layer to the story. The disaster is more likely to have a silver lining(for climate change believers anyways) because of where it is. Maybe some people after experiencing some first hand evidence of what could be considered climate change will lead them to do more research on the issue and possibly reconsider their opinion on the matter even if the storms are still just fairly weak and anecdotal evidence.
I don't think they necessarily feel that they deserved it and the article didn't come off that way to me anyways. The fact that the tornadoes did happen in that area of the USA adds another interesting layer to the story. The disaster is more likely to have a silver lining(for climate change believers anyways) because of where it is. Maybe some people after experiencing some first hand evidence of what could be considered climate change will lead them to do more research on the issue and possibly reconsider their opinion on the matter even if the storms are still just fairly weak and anecdotal evidence.
OK, that's worse. Tornadoes are good because the death of hundreds might make some people think anecdotal evidence is the same as science? :club:
OK, that's worse. Tornadoes are good because the death of hundreds might make some people think anecdotal evidence is the same as science? :club:
I keep reading that article trying to figure out how you took this or that they deserved it away from the article. Then, I gave up.
I keep reading that article trying to figure out how you took this or that they deserved it away from the article. Then, I gave up.
Ha, I did the same thing. Read it like three times searching for a missing sentence or something. The only thing I could stretch into his interpretation was maybe the title.

are you guys serious? I mean maybe it didn't imply that they deserved it, but it was definitely written with a "see you idiots? this is what you get!" tone. it's really not that hard to pick up on.edit: I don't know who "thinkprogress" or whatever they're called are though. are they big? if not, I mean, there's tons of small groups of crazies out there and of course you're gonna run across something like this, so I don't really think it's a big deal (unless they're a big deal).edit 2: and I should also admit that the first thing I thought of when I saw the death count start climbing was "well I guess you guys just didn't pray hard enough huh." so yeah, I'm no better.

are you guys serious? I mean maybe it didn't imply that they deserved it, but it was definitely written with a "see you idiots? this is what you get!" tone. it's really not that hard to pick up on.edit: I don't know who "thinkprogress" or whatever they're called are though. are they big? if not, I mean, there's tons of small groups of crazies out there and of course you're gonna run across something like this, so I don't really think it's a big deal (unless they're a big deal).edit 2: and I should also admit that the first thing I thought of when I saw the death count start climbing was "well I guess you guys just didn't pray hard enough huh." so yeah, I'm no better.
I have no idea what thinkprogress is either. I read it differently though, I thought it was like: these idiots don't even believe it when it smacks them in the face. Not, "this is what you get".

Private company to forbid their employees from partaking in legal personal lifestyle choices. No word if they will still allow their potential employees to test positive for McDonalds, running with scissors, unprotected sex, ignoring your wife, and other dangerous lifestyle decisions.

Lansing— Sparrow Health System says that starting next month it won't hire anyone who tests positive for nicotine or tobacco products.The Lansing State Journal reports the policy takes effect Sunday and won't affect the nonprofit Lansing-based health care provider's current work force of about 7,500. The new policy says that job applicants who fail the tobacco test may reapply for work 90 days later.Physicians and medical residents also are subject to the testing....From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110425/METRO/...s#ixzz1LD7Znr89
Private company to forbid their employees from partaking in legal personal lifestyle choices. No word if they will still allow their potential employees to test positive for McDonalds, running with scissors, unprotected sex, ignoring your wife, and other dangerous lifestyle decisions.
If and when the government mandates that companies are responsible for the healthcare costs of individuals, then this is the expected outcome.Once government controls your health issues, they will have a right to control your conduct.And the funny thing is, we republican's have been saying this for years, the democrat party will only be happy when they control everyone's lives because they aren't able to make decisions for themselves.Haha democrats...you hate freedom.

Debate tonight on Fox. Gary Johnson and Ron Paul are going to be there.

Let me know how it is.I will be voting for Palin or Bachman or whomever Cane hates the most.But I hope its a Palin/Bachman ticket.Guaranteed invasion at least once a month.
I'm watching it now, the audience is clearly libertarian -- Paul and Johnson get applause for most responses. So far, Pawlenty is surprisingly not-that-competent. I've always thought he was better than this.I've never seen Cain speak before, he seems somewhat sensible.
Me too. I kind of like Ron Paul, to be honest. I mean...amongst the people he's debating, anyway.

Gary Johnson's got no chance of becoming president. Even though his policies are clearly the best, his ability to coherently state them is bad. I was hoping for something better from him.Pawlenty doing better, Cain is just annoying.

Gary Johnson's got no chance of becoming president. Even though his policies are clearly the best, his ability to coherently state them is bad. I was hoping for something better from him.Pawlenty doing better, Cain is just annoying.
Cain has no chance of becoming president either. Given where they are in the election cycle, I think Pawlenty probably had the best performance. They should be appealing to the base right now, and he did very well.Paul appealed to the Libertarian base, but that's not going to get him a Republican nomination.

Just finished the debate and these are my general "change of feelings" from before to after:Ron Paul : UpHerman Cain: Way up (I thought he was a crazy-type 3rd partier before the debate. I didn't know he was a logical former CEO)Pawlenty: WAY WAY down (This guy might be just a notch above retarded. How many times did he mention that he was from a working class town? This guy is everything I hate about politics.)Santorum: Way down (see notes on Pawlenty)Gary Johnson: Down (I wasn't impressed with his delivery. I liked some of what he said, but he was not a good communicator and has zero chance at winning. Especially since he's pro-choice, which I didn't know.)The order I personally liked them after the debate:Ron PaulHerman CainGary JohnsonSantorumPawlenty

Let me know how it is.I will be voting for Palin or Bachman or whomever Cane hates the most.
I hate Mitt Romney so much.