The Upcoming Blizzard

A blizzard  

51 members have voted

1. 1. A blizzard

• Overrated. Will be lots of snow, but no big deal.
    • The news has it right... It will be epic.
    • They're underestimating what we have in store... This amount of snow, there will be significant power outages, roof collapses, wilding boogs looting stores, etc...
    • Wakefield

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold all tickets... Snowing again pretty good, weather alert radio back to "Warning"... From casually looking outside, this may not be looking too good for the unders.

Pretty decent patio furniture. The swivel rocker chairs are made by Lyon Shaw(which is owned by Woodard), basically a cheaper version of Woodards Briarwood collection. The table is a 42"x74" dining table w/umbrella hole by Woodard and may be a little tight for 6 swivel rockers which is probably why they have a bistro chair at the head of the table. I'm a little surprised someone would opt for wrought iron in that part of the country because of maintenance due to high humidity. Maybe it's not that humid and that's just my perception having been to that part of the country in dead summer. The maintenance is only a little sanding and touch-up paint once a year but still, people don't like to maintain shit. I guess most materials have drawbacks for that climate; wrought iron-rusts where the metal is exposed, cast aluminum-can get brittle in extreme cold, tubular aluminum-way too light and would blow away, teak-the good stuff is way more expensive and has a completely different look but it lasts longer than people, wrought aluminum-probably the best option but it's also super pricey and will have a slightly different look compared to the wrought iron. I mean, that's a lot of snow.

From sexy Tom's twitter :Skilling - Final Blizzard of 2011 snow tallies: 20.2" O'Hare; 20.9" Midway---the heaviest snowstorm ever to occur in Feb & 3rd biggest snow in 126 yrs about 1 hour ago · reply Winner winner chicken dinner.

From sexy Tom's twitter :Skilling - Final Blizzard of 2011 snow tallies: 20.2" O'Hare; 20.9" Midway---the heaviest snowstorm ever to occur in Feb & 3rd biggest snow in 126 yrs about 1 hour ago · reply Winner winner chicken dinner.
I'll take the under, but barely.I think we'll get about 18-20".
Pretty close.

Looks like your bad weather made it down to Palm Springs.We had a frost delay for our croquet tournament this am till 10.Algore..where is the warming part?