A little background:I got serious playing back in 2003 after I turned 21. I moved down near Atlantic City with 3 buddies and was able to survive for over a year playing 1/2 NL at the Taj. I was a stupid kid back then and made all the mistakes you shouldnt make. I went broke moved back home and got a job. I played online from then on out finding SNGs. I loved them and supplemented my income for the next couple of years. I found a girl. We got married. Had kids. And now Im where Im at. Ive been circling around poker broke for about 2 years now. I can honestly say I havent been as serious as I should be about the game. But at 28 now, I would love to have extra money for my family and this is a passion I feel I can do that with. I said I play sngs mostly and Im solid at the lower levels. My BR management is not good and it keeps me lower as I am pretty good at taking risky shots and failing. I have some experience in cash games, but that was years ago and the game has changed a lot so I feel I am behind the curve. I will have about $200 to play around with after my tax rebate comes and I would like some advice from the cash game regs here. I can multi table sngs well. I can play 20 tables of 180 man sngs with ease. I am mostly a FR cash game player. I want to switch to 6 man NL games. Its a big jump. Im not used to these games at all. I have a few questions on the switch. I want to multi table but dont know what a comfortable start would be. I was thinking 8 but I would love to know if that is unrealistic. With my paltry BR Im assuming I shouldnt trying anything higher than .02/.05. Plus this should help me adjust by moving up in limits. Im curious what a realistic winrate would be for a person multi tabling. Would be 5bb/100 be to high of a goal? Also, what site would be best for these cash games. Stars seems fishier than Tilt, but I would like to know of other sites if ppl have any opinions. Also, any other advice would be great. I appreciate the responses in advance. Thanks.

With my paltry BR Im assuming I shouldnt trying anything higher than .02/.05. Plus this should help me adjust by moving up in limits. Im curious what a realistic winrate would be for a person multi tabling. Would be 5bb/100 be to high of a goal? Also, what site would be best for these cash games. Stars seems fishier than Tilt, but I would like to know of other sites if ppl have any opinions. Also, any other advice would be great. I appreciate the responses in advance. Thanks.
At micros you need rake back imo. So stay on tilt until you make enough to use the bonus system at stars. 5bb/100 might be attainable at lower limits but next to no one makes that at mid to high stakes. The people who do play around 4 to 8 tables normally.

Is there any way that you could get some more money online so you could at least start at 10nl? 5nl is so small and it'll be tough, I think, for you to play a lot of it. maybe not so bad to get used to the 6-max format.as others have said, you definitely need RB, so play on FTP.if you don't have one already, get a HUD. I've been resisting them all my life but finally I've accepted that they're invaluable, especially if you plan to table 6+.the jump from FR to 6max isn't that big of a deal. just play a solid positionally-aware TAG style and you will profit. you shouldn't focus on attaining a certain winrate. one, you just pulled 5 out of thin air. two, and more importantly, it puts the emphasis on results when you should be worried about making good decisions.

Is there any way that you could get some more money online so you could at least start at 10nl? 5nl is so small and it'll be tough, I think, for you to play a lot of it. maybe not so bad to get used to the 6-max format.as others have said, you definitely need RB, so play on FTP.if you don't have one already, get a HUD. I've been resisting them all my life but finally I've accepted that they're invaluable, especially if you plan to table 6+.the jump from FR to 6max isn't that big of a deal. just play a solid positionally-aware TAG style and you will profit. you shouldn't focus on attaining a certain winrate. one, you just pulled 5 out of thin air. two, and more importantly, it puts the emphasis on results when you should be worried about making good decisions.
5nl is fine. It will just take him longer to get to the limits that make you awesome gold. Also you could play on cake if you don't want to invest in a HUD. Everyone else doesn't have one so your losing nothing in that regard and there is rakeback.

Thanks for the advice so far. I understand about being results oriented. That is probably a leak I have. I didnt pull 5 out of thin air though. I did a little research on some sites and found that 5bb/100 would be a reachable goal in the lower limits. My evidence may have been unfounded, but I didnt feel this would be unattainable. I could be very wrong. I should just drop this as I feel you are very right trystero. But I just wanted to elaborate. The 5bb/100 I was referring to was not the standard ptbb/100. I dont know if you all understood that or not but if that changes anything I would love to know. Alright, thats all I will say about that lol. I will def stay with Tilt since it seems pretty unanimous. I have been interested in Cake, but there just isnt enough volume. Im curious. Is 8 tables too many? I would love to do more but Im not sure what I can handle. Im guessing that 8 wouldnt overwhelm me. As I said, I can 20 table the 180 mans, but there arent a whole lot of tough decisions in those. Its all preflop. My thinking was that I could burn myself out trying too many tables. Are there cash players playing 10+ tables at the lower limits? Thanks again guys. I appreciate it.

it's ok. even if we assume that 5 as a winrate is a good and attainable goal, the real point is that you shouldn't be results-oriented. I don't think you'll have much trouble transitioning to 6max; it's not that different from FR. if you were coming strictly from SNGs then you'd have trouble. 8 tables would probably be doable if you're used to 20-tabling, even if that's at SNGs. at 6max the action's on you a bit more, and I find 8 a bit much and have dropped down to 6. but I'm a multi-tabling newbie.

at the start i would focus on lower tables to get your win rate high then add tables.

As far as number of tables I would play half the number of cash game tables that I would play SNGs. The average cash decisions are often much tougher. I see you can 20 table 180s so 8 seems like a great starting point.with $200 I think $5NL is appropriate not knowing if you can beat cash yet or not.These aren't SNGs... one pair is not an amazing hand in most post flop situations.One more thing about micro play... get used to bet/folding. Value betting is extremely important in lower stakes but it will all be worth nothing if you can't learn to pull the trigger on bet/fold lines.