Wsop Satellite...

Interest List. PM me if you are interested and I will add you to the list. Just pulling ideas from the last time. It will be a 10 week tourney on Sunday. Hopefully we can give away two seats with travel expenses to either a WSOP $1000 or $1500 event. Will use the Home Game on Pokerstars which will track our points for us. Buyin for each tourney will be $1.10 and any money won you can keep. Total cost will be $100-$150 depending on how many players we get and what event we decide on. I would like to keep it around the $100 range. 1. deadlysyns 2. Diamonddixie 3. ThePhoenix88 4. TheNothing 5. Carlito78 6. wsox8 7. seacucumber 8. dabetka 9. mrpaddyx10. mtdesmoines11. wolfman5012. rcqs5913. dscoot14. acesfull333Here is the old thread.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...1500+Wsop+Seats

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY wtf is up with people starting threads asking people for things? If you want to ****ing start a WSOP sat or a wsop meetup if you start the thread you are the one organizing. I'm in, but stop asking people to do shit for you

HEY wtf is up with people starting threads asking people for things? If you want to ****ing start a WSOP sat or a wsop meetup if you start the thread you are the one organizing. I'm in, but stop asking people to do shit for you
What is with your attitude??? There are certain members on here people trust transferring money over to handle this type of sat.Here is the old thread.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...1500+Wsop+Seats
What is with your attitude??? There are certain members on here people trust transferring money over to handle this type of sat.Here is the old thread.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...1500+Wsop+Seats
my attitude is because of alcohol, but i pretty much meant what i said. I'm in for a satellite, but it is a hard thing to organize. If you are all about it you can organize it.

Interested?I agree that there are only certain people on here I trust to hold my moneyDNAFCPBobNutzbuster and a very few others, thus I see his point. As for organizing things, I haven't got the connections so it only makes sense that people who had done it in the past do it again Just a thought, would definitely consider this

FWIW, there were issues transferring the funds following the last one. Basically it came down to a violation of Stars terms. Doubt it will be done again, considering the shit he went through to get the funds to the winning player.....and considering most of the players in the last one are no longer here.

I would be interested in this..Is there a way we can incorporate the Home Game feature to facilitate this?Just thinking out loud.

If it were to happen again I'd say have everyone ship the money for the 'season' up front and then run a series of $1.10 tourneys over the course of however many weeks. This both reduces rake and makes it so that if you can't make a week you simply don't get any points, instead of having to register the tourney and sit out and potentially outlast some people. These are both rough ideas, and I'd probably pass on this, and I also didn't read the entire old thread but I was just trying to fix some of the apparent issues that immediately came up last time. The $1.10 prize pool at that point could just be considered a bonus I guess.

The main issue in the last one was the player holding the funds wasn't really a high volume player, so Stars viewed him transferring around larger sums of money (without paying a lot of rake) as money laundering. In order for something like this to work, you'd need somebody trustworthy to escrow the funds, and you'd probably have to ship the cash to and from via other means than Pokerstars because if a low limit grinder wins this, chances are they'd have a hell of a time getting the money off.In other words, it would be a hell of a lot of work to get it set up, and I doubt I would trust 3/4 of the people sending checks, etc.

You'd more than likely need a higher volume player to hold the funds, and there's not a whole lot of those to choose from these days on FCP! Also, expecting the traffic for this to be the same as 08/09 is pretty lol.

Interested?I agree that there are only certain people on here I trust to hold my moneyDNAFCPBobNutzbuster and a very few others, thus I see his point. As for organizing things, I haven't got the connections so it only makes sense that people who had done it in the past do it again Just a thought, would definitely consider this
I don't see my name on that list, Rose :club:

lol the transfer issue was w/ me...its just against their policy to cash out right after receiving a transfer...i'm going through it again :club: anyways, don't think there will be enough interest and everything

We can also send via paypal which will workor FCP Bob can hold the money as usual as he does do that :)seems to be some interest here?Oh Matt I did say some other people

We can also send via paypal which will workor FCP Bob can hold the money as usual as he does do that :)seems to be some interest here?Oh Matt I did say some other people
If sending by paypal, you can send it as a gift or money owed and there will not be any fees applied.
lol the transfer issue was w/ me...its just against their policy to cash out right after receiving a transfer...i'm going through it again :club: anyways, don't think there will be enough interest and everything
very thinly hidden brag in this post

Link to old thread for anyone interested: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...c=132832&hl=Well, there could be a few changes. If there isn't enough interest for to generate enough money for a $1500 event we could switch it to a $1000 event. The issues with transfering are still an issue, however. Maybe the transfers could be spilt up into 4 pieces and done over a week or two. I'm interested btw.

Link to old thread for anyone interested: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...c=132832&hl=Well, there could be a few changes. If there isn't enough interest for to generate enough money for a $1500 event we could switch it to a $1000 event. The issues with transfering are still an issue, however. Maybe the transfers could be spilt up into 4 pieces and done over a week or two. I'm interested btw.
The problem with transferring isn't so much getting the money to the winner since that isn't a problem if the person holding the money is a high enough volume player. The problem is that the person who wins might not be able to withdraw the money until they've played a significant amount of volume so my suggestion is that if this does get going that anybody who takes part agrees that if they win they're prepared to use money that they have offline to enter if they have to knowing that they also have the online money that make take them a bit of time and play to be able to get offline.