Fcp 2011 Wsop Get Together

Okay anyone in for a night of games and drinking during the WSOP. FCP live tournament $100 buy in? Hey Scott We need you to do some planning IMOthis way you won't be as bored. Count me in

Okay anyone in for a night of games and drinking during the WSOP. FCP live tournament $100 buy in? Hey Scott We need you to do some planning IMOthis way you won't be as bored. Count me in
Haven't you read the FCP handbook?"Whoever starts the FCP meetup thread is in charge of all organization."I'm in!

I know the host of this club....www.xslasvegas.com....so im sure we can get something pretty nice hooked up if we get enough peoplebut gotta get wifes permission first of course:)

All I know is I get to play the Senior Event this year.
that makes 2 of us, In that event to knock you out :)Scott you going to plan this please or someone who is in Vegas?
Can't wait to dirty danceee
bring it on baby
Golf? Golf? Golf? Golf? GOLF?
Will Oziumrules be there???Isn't golf and NL tourneys a nightmare to organize? Can't we just get drunk and play cash games at Venetian?
Golf? Golf? Golf? Golf? GOLF?
Can you look into a tournament for us please?
that makes 2 of us, In that event to knock you out :)Scott you going to plan this please or someone who is in Vegas?
lol. well...I don't play too many tournaments really but I will play that one and probably one of the other 1500's. Maybe a satty or too for a ME seat.As far as an 'FCP Outing', I honestly do not know if I have it in me to do it again. It is a bit of a pain in the ass to set up (but not all that tough). It's the organizing that can be time consuming/hair pulling. And every year I have less and less hair. If I have learned anything from the past and years of setting up skiing trips with groups it's that, no matter what... some people have great trouble holding commitments (for legit... and not so legit reasons) thus the results can be a bit of a let down. The golf outings were always a blast and successful and were fueled by the many golfers here and Daniel, who was catching golf fever at the time. I also usually lost some money setting them up and what not because of this or that, but it was cool with me. I wanted everyone to have a great time. Not whining, because in the end it was all smiles and good times, and that was all that mattered...but I have to admit that did happen. One year Potsie set up a dinner and poker tournament at Mont Carlo to coincide with the golf outing that went well. The dinner reviews were mixed but overall positive ( to be fair, large group dinners with fixed menus almost never show off a restaurants full potential) but it was great to meet and see everyone, many who did not play golf that day but wanted to have dinner. It was really hard to talk much with anyone at a 50-foot long table with 60 people tho and some folks had to actually sit outside the main dining table in separate booths because there were so many. The poker tourney that followed was really a blast for everyone so I decided to do one the following year too.I flew to Vegas and contacted the manager at the Hard Rock a few weeks prior to set it all up. She was awesome and seemed very excited to have our group choose their fledgling but awesome room to have out little event. But when that night arrived, several people who had initially indicated they would play the tourney decided instead to stay home and watch the NHL playoff game. And that's fine and well, I totally get it... it was the Stanley Cup playoffs! Bad timing for sure, but the Hard Rock had scheduled an extra dealer on staff for that night because of us that they ended up not needing. I even made sure the hockey game was on all the TV's in the poker room but it's hard to play a tourney and watch hockey. Anyway, in the end I was a little embarrassed and the HR manager was a little disappointed as well. The people that played enjoyed it a lot so that was great, and I was always a fan of the Hard Rock room (even though it is totally dead) but I'm not sure I'd do it again.Then last year I had some bad family stuff happening, and no one here wanted to step up to do it,so the whole thing sputtered and failed. And now, many of the 'old guard' here have since left/moved on/life changed/grew tired of FCP/ poker in general, etc... Me included to some degree. I totally get it and hold none of it against anyone. Life is change and things/people have def. changed. The point is.... now?... and this is a legitimate question....I do not know if there would be the same level of participation/interest needed to organize a decent sized FCP style get together?I dunno

yeah there is definitely not enough people for an organized golf tourney or poker tournament. I don't even think we need to do an "event" just a meetup would be cool though. We don't really even need an organizer imo. We just need to collectively agree to a place and time (which will be difficult), but I think it's the best way to do it.

So Scott...does this mean we're finally going to golf together?
My WSOP will likely only consist of one week this year, somehow getting a ME seat not withstanding.I am targeting Sat. June 11th thru Sun. June 19th.I will be playing the:1K no limit Sunday June 12th. (3 day event)1K Senior Friday June 17th. (3 day event)Cash, Satty's and golf in da middle
My WSOP will likely only consist of one week this year, somehow getting a ME seat not withstanding.I am targeting Sat. June 11th thru Sun. June 19th.I will be playing the:1K no limit Sunday June 12th. (3 day event)1K Senior Friday June 17th. (3 day event)Cash, Satty's and golf in da middle
You have my cell. I'm good whenever

hey Old Man, definitely in to go against you in the seniors lol

well....depends...(and holy crap! good to hear from you)
Yeah, SOS.
Isn't golf and NL tourneys a nightmare to organize? Can't we just get drunk and play cash games at Venetian?
Scott did a great job 4 years ago...man hard to believe it's been than long. It's a LOT of work.
If I manage to make it I'm up for some fun and if my husband comes can some of you please play golf with him.
Sorry no gambling at Bushwood.