The Polling Place

I know I'm in the minority on this (har har) but I like Cruise over Downey Jr. I find TC does more quality movies which tend to have more of a lasting impact. Only thing I liked recently from RDJ was Iron Man, I've tried watching Sherlock Holmes twice and didn't last 45min each time, he tends to play a very similar, quick, witty character each film which gets tiresome. Also, Cruise was better in Tropic Thunder, c'mon.
this is wrong on every level. i award you no points, and may brvheart have mercy on your soul.
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, it would be pretty hard to find another Wang.

Who to engage: http://imgur.com/a/cf5LN   Who to avoid: http://imgur.com/a/gEznR

As a Winner, Wang, that's my instinct. That's why people root against people like me and LeBron.

I know I'm in the minority on this (har har) but I like Cruise over Downey Jr. I find TC does more quality movies which tend to have more of a lasting impact. Only thing I liked recently from RDJ was Iron Man, I've tried watching Sherlock Holmes twice and didn't last 45min each time, he tends to play a very similar, quick, witty character each film which gets tiresome. Also, Cruise was better in Tropic Thunder, c'mon.
I think some personal biases are getting in the way here. To me, Cruise is clearly the better actor. I voted for Tintin and Natalie.
he tends to play a very similar, quick, witty character each film which gets tiresome.
This is fair, for the most part, although I'm not sure Cruise has a better range. Generic likeable white guy, sometimes running.
Also, Cruise was better in Tropic Thunder, c'mon.
Don't even joke about that.
This is fair, for the most part, although I'm not sure Cruise has a better range. Generic likeable white guy, sometimes running.Don't even joke about that.
Yes Cruise is most known for the fast action guy like in Mission Impossible, Top Gun, Knight & Day, War of the Worlds, etc. but I'd love to see him branch out and do more roles like he did in Collateral. He does a surprisingly good villain too and should embrace that with age imo.

MI 4ThomasHugo1st picDA: That Spielberg movie about the horse looks stupid and cheesy, right? I'm not alone on that, correct?

DA: That Spielberg movie about the horse looks stupid and cheesy, right? I'm not alone on that, correct?
Spielberg.From Ain't It Cool News:"WAR HORSE is most definitely a Steven Spielberg work, and he pulls out all the stops to bring the audience into a time that hasn't been on film very much recently, and he does it with an elegance and a passion that can only come from him. It's not a perfect film, but anyone who loves movies and Spielberg's work in particular really cannot miss this. WAR HORSE is what movies are all about - transporting the audience into a world that will never exist again. As for myself, I loved every moment. For me, WAR HORSE is magnificent."
Spielberg.
??Also, I don't care what the folks at a stupid blog think, I want to know what you think when you see that commercial.
??Also, I don't care what the folks at a stupid blog think, I want to know what you think when you see that commercial.
He's pretty good at the making movies thing.The commercials don't do anything for me one way or the other; that's why I only said maybe to it. But the fact that it's Spielberg and it's getting really good reviews makes me give it the benefit of the doubt.Edit: Another review - "Ever since Saving Private Ryan, the work of director Steven Spielberg has been hit-or-miss. Finally, our wait for the return of his classic touch is at an end with War Horse, both a model of cinema done right and – even more importantly – the epitome of Spielberg done right."
Yes Cruise is most known for the fast action guy like in Mission Impossible, Top Gun, Knight & Day, War of the Worlds, etc. but I'd love to see him branch out and do more roles like he did in Collateral. He does a surprisingly good villain too and should embrace that with age imo.
yeah after I voted the first time I remembered cruise in magnolia and I was like "shit, should've voted for cruise." so I voted for him with my second vote just now.GUESS WHICH PICTURE I VOTED FOR GUYS
See, with Collateral (which I did like) I still didn't feel like he brought anything special to the table aside from "Tom Cruise speaking quietly and shooting people". Even in the one movie that you brought up he's completely overshadowed by a superior acting performance by his co-star. To be fair, I haven't seen Magnolia, but I've never once watched Tom Cruise and thought he was doing anything but playing himself in different situations. But that's just, like, my opinion, man. Yes, I'm currently watching Lebowski.
yeah after I voted the first time I remembered cruise in magnolia and I was like "shit, should've voted for cruise." so I voted for him with my second vote just now.GUESS WHICH PICTURE I VOTED FOR GUYS
20050523-tows-tom-cruise-2-600x411.jpg8017-thumb-500x366-34934.jpgtop-gun.jpgles-grossman-tom-cruise.jpgrobert_downey400.jpg
  • 4 weeks later...
I hate new years eve. it's basically valentines day that single people have to participate in/be objected to.
not this year baby. i didnt buy my $100 ticket to stand in a crowded downtown bar. i'm staying home by myself, so you know i made the right choice.
I hate new years eve. it's basically valentines day that single people have to participate in/be objected to.
This is only true if all of your friends are in relationships. Or if you don't have anywhere fun to go. NYE is just as much for drunkenly hooking up with strangers as it is for couples...well, if you're doing it right. Though I suppose you have to live in a real city to do it right.Need to lose ten pounds in two months, just in time to enjoy my time where the beer flows like wine.

well all my friends are in relationships and I don't have the ability to drunkenly hook up with strangers, so um, your point is a cow.

well all my friends are in relationships and I don't have the ability to drunkenly hook up with strangers, so um, your point is a cow.
How do you not have that ability? Are you allergic to alcohol* or something?*you know, enough alcohol that would make you capable of doing that
I'm going to assume that "doing it right" means spending $1,300+ for your own VIP table at TGIFriday's.
People be crazy. We found out on Friday that there was an 80's dance party for New Years at a local Indian restaurant (which is usually 95% full of Indian customers). If we didn't have plans, we would have been all over it. I'm still a little disappointed to have missed it.