The Polling Place

National chains almost universally blow. Of the ones mentioned, if you put a gun to my head, I'd go to the cheesecake factory, because ... hey, at least they have cheesecake.
At $9 per slice... no thanks.
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, it would be pretty hard to find another Wang.

Who to engage: http://imgur.com/a/cf5LN   Who to avoid: http://imgur.com/a/gEznR

As a Winner, Wang, that's my instinct. That's why people root against people like me and LeBron.

I think it's a chain if it's in more than one state. 10 locations in the same area is still a local place, as far as I'm concerned.We have a local taco joint called Tasty Tacos that makes the best flour tacos in the world. I think they are up to around 10 locations, but are definitely local.

I did a big show one day with two helpers out of town and I told them since everything went so well I would take them out to a really good restaurant.One of the guys looked at me with fear in his eyes and asked me in a near whisper if Red Lobster was too nice...I was so glad I saved $100+ by taking those idiots to RL instead of a real seafood place. Why waste good food on anyone who thinks RL is at the top of the restaurant list.Two of my kids waited at Islands. I never liked it there.GrillaBurger is a much better chain burger place.Never had a bad meal at Mortons, but never had one that I could brag about.Ruth's Chris has given me some good steaks.I mostly eat at small family run tex mex restaurants when I go out. Did find a new chain called Dickie ONeal's Irish Pub, it seems to be a chain, anyone eat at one before? Great corn beef and cabbage.

The domain name BalloonKing.com is in the Godaddy expiration auctions.I thought of you.
IMG_608_609_610.jpgI think these two guys would argue they are ( They aren't )
Never had a bad meal at Mortons, but never had one that I could brag about.Ruth's Chris has given me some good steaks.
Both of those places are amateurs. My college roommate runs the Minneapolis legendary restaurant Murray's, which has at times been voted in the top ten best steak in the country. I've tried a couple of the others that make that list, and it is not close. If you have some money burning a hole in your pocket and want to have an amazing steak, come to Murray's. It makes Morton's and Ruth Chris look like Outback.

I don't think you have to go to Murray's to make Morton's or Ruth's look bad. Go to any big city and there will be at least a handful of places that are better. I'm a chain restaurant defender when it comes to casual dining, but when it comes to fine dining, I think you really need to be a lot pickier. You're spending too much money to settle.Also, too many people are picking chainsaw. I'm assuming you guys aren't clicking on the bicycle chain link.

Also, too many people are picking chainsaw. I'm assuming you guys aren't clicking on the bicycle chain link.
This. So this. It was close until I read the link. Then auto-click. Probably due to a brain chemistry imbalance.
This. So this. It was close until I read the link. Then auto-click. Probably due to a brain chemistry imbalance.
Welcome champion.
The Keg is real food.Earl's is crap.Never heard of Joey TomatoesRed Robin is American, no?East Side Mario's is crap. Good garlic bread though.Boston Pizza will actually kill you. Right there in the booth. You just keel over and die if you eat there. It's a puzzling business strategy.
I was in Calgary yesterday and I saw a Joey Tomatoes (although the sign was partially burnt out, so at first I thought I saw a Joe Tom toe, which was confusing). I also saw a great many Chili'ses. I was mightily conflicted about where to eat, but in the end I decided on: The Tap and Strap, a local pub that served a damn fine cheeseburger and fries.Oh, missed opportunity. For gastric distress.
I was in Calgary yesterday and I saw a Joey Tomatoes (although the sign was partially burnt out, so at first I thought I saw a Joe Tom toe, which was confusing). I also saw a great many Chili'ses. I was mightily conflicted about where to eat, but in the end I decided on: The Tap and Strap, a local pub that served a damn fine cheeseburger and fries.Oh, missed opportunity. For gastric distress.
oh man, was it the Crowfoot location? Because they have the hottest waitresses on the planet, rivaled only by the Chinook location of Joey Tomatoes. Chinook location has a kick ass roof top patio too. Missed oppurtunity indeed.
I had to vote Olive Garden all three times, but that's mostly because I haven't gone to Red Lobster in like 20 years. If I'm thinking seafood I get it from a steakhouse, unless I'm in a city that happens to have a Legal Seafood (which blows Red Lobster away AINEC). Although Rochester is getting a Joe's Crabshack pretty soon, so I might give them a shot sometime.
Why are you getting seafood from a steakhouse? Don't they have seafood joints in Rochester? Not trying to be funny..but we have a joint in town called 'The Big Steer' and it has a giant cow statue out front serving as it's special board.. and my wife says to me, "Everytime we go past that sign, all I can think about is how awesome the Walleye is."Just makes my eye twitch.
I think it's a chain if it's in more than one state. 10 locations in the same area is still a local place, as far as I'm concerned.We have a local taco joint called Tasty Tacos that makes the best flour tacos in the world. I think they are up to around 10 locations, but are definitely local.
Agreed. The theme is awful and cheesy but B-Bops burgers are pretty awesome, if you ask me.
The theme is awful and cheesy but B-Bops burgers are pretty awesome, if you ask me.
Have you had their new chili cheese fries? Love B-Bops.

Don't know that I've seen Five Guys Burgers mentioned yet.Very overrated IMO.Had one for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Thought the burger was terrible and the fries were worse. And I like a good slider. This wasn't a good slider. Nearly ten bucks for a burger, fries, and a Coke. At least I finished the Coke.

Don't know that I've seen Five Guys Burgers mentioned yet.Very overrated IMO.Had one for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Thought the burger was terrible and the fries were worse. And I like a good slider. This wasn't a good slider. Nearly ten bucks for a burger, fries, and a Coke. At least I finished the Coke.
I don't understand the point of this post.