The Polling Place

You go to RL to spend $30 per person and get a lot of decent food for it. I'd assume anyway, as I haven't gone to a chain like that or OG for probably 10 years. But I do understand why some people choose to take that road for an easy meal.Wait...I went to an Outback a few weeks ago, but just for a drink before a movie because it was right next to the theater. I do miss their caesar salad a bit. This has the makings of being the least interesting post of all time.I don't understand the obsession with OG breadsticks. Most good restaurants have bread and butter or bread and olive oil that puts the breadsticks to shame.Maybe not least interesting ever, but at least today.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, it would be pretty hard to find another Wang.

Who to engage: http://imgur.com/a/cf5LN   Who to avoid: http://imgur.com/a/gEznR

As a Winner, Wang, that's my instinct. That's why people root against people like me and LeBron.

Because someone would rather spend their $60 at Red Lobster than Fogo De Chao? Seriously?
Thanks for getting me all interested in a restaurant that doesn't have a location anywhere near me. Closest one is either Philly or Baltimore...GDI/FML.

We each got the Lobster Rolls. Total bill was like $35. We don't live at RL. The last time I ate at a RL was 3 summers ago on our cross country trip. We were on our way back home and stopped for the night in the middle of Nebraska. The only place to eat was BK or RL. Again, I will take RL over fast food anyday. If I am in the mood to get some real seafood I just get it from the local market and make it myself. Or McCormick and Schmidt's.I find Olive Garden gross. I prefer Salvatore Scallopini.Chili's. No one is really going to say Chili's is good right?

Chili's. No one is really going to say Chili's is good right?
I wouldn't know, I haven't eaten there in probably as long as I haven't eaten at Red Lobster. I'm assuming there's a good reason for that. Ruby Tuesday's is solid for chain dining...I don't think I've ever had a bad meal in one of their restaurants.
Chili's. No one is really going to say Chili's is good right?
I think I'd choose Chili's over RL or OG if forced to go to one of the 3.
I think I'd choose Chili's over RL or OG if forced to go to one of the 3.
I would too. It's harder to mess up a burger and fries.I can't believe SBriand eats at Red Lobster once a week. That's crazy, right?
Ruby Tuesday's is solid for chain dining...I don't think I've ever had a bad meal in one of their restaurants.
I'm pretty sure they're right in line with the rest of the chains we're talking about.
I can't believe SBriand eats at Red Lobster once a week. That's crazy, right?
Heh.

Red Lobster is just awful.

I had to vote Olive Garden all three times, but that's mostly because I haven't gone to Red Lobster in like 20 years. If I'm thinking seafood I get it from a steakhouse, unless I'm in a city that happens to have a Legal Seafood (which blows Red Lobster away AINEC). Although Rochester is getting a Joe's Crabshack pretty soon, so I might give them a shot sometime.
Dungeoness Crab with the BBQ seasoning is pretty awesome.
I wouldn't know, I haven't eaten there in probably as long as I haven't eaten at Red Lobster. I'm assuming there's a good reason for that. Ruby Tuesday's is solid for chain dining...I don't think I've ever had a bad meal in one of their restaurants.
I am boycotting RT's until they bring back the Blackened steak on the sizzling platter that makes everyone in the restaurant look up as they bring it to you.
I am boycotting RT's until they bring back the Blackened steak on the sizzling platter that makes everyone in the restaurant look up as they bring it to you.
Just go to Chili's and get fajitas.

I'm always unnerved when I agree with Scram 100% on something but chain restaurants generally blow. The only reason to go to a Chili's is if you are in an airport.

Say hi to Steve if you see him.
If?
I'm always unnerved when I agree with Scram 100% on something but chain restaurants generally blow. The only reason to go to a Chili's is if you are in an airport.
I don't think anyone would disagree with the general premise that chain restaurants suck. But people don't go there for the awesome food. Just saying.

I'm pretty sure that SA is using all 21 of his accounts to bias this poll.

wait wait wait, Joes Crab Shack is good but Red Lobster is awful? No sorry. Joes is a pretty scuzzy place. At least the one I went to. At least the RL didn't smell like dead rotten fish like a Joes smells like.So what are good acceptable chain places?Outback is weird. I went to my first Outback this year. Steak was good but the table was sticky and it is way too dark. That was my Outback experience. Oh and their uniforms are a bit gay.Chili's. I don;t think I have ever had a good meal at Chili's.RL. I don't go out of my way to eat there but I can't think of ever having a poor experience. Macaroni Grill. I went to one this summer when we went to see my Grandma. It wasn't bad but it wasnt fantastic. Famous Dave's. As I think about chains I think this one is my favorite. Or at least the one I go to the most. Olive Garden. I am positive that each visit has resulted in a visit to the bathroom to shit brown water out of my ass. I do miss Chi Chi's though. Oh and I like to go to Big Boys for breakfast sometimes. Great hash browns. I can't really think of any others. At least that I have been too. We usually go to resturaunts in downtown Royal Oak and I think the only chain one they have is Mongolian BBQ. Or BD's or whatever it is called. Usually we go to Bastone and there is only one of those. Applebees? Yuck.

cheddar biscuits
I don't understand how these are losing to any other bread product on earth. My vote was coinflip, cheddar biscuits, coinflip.
wait wait wait, Joes Crab Shack is good but Red Lobster is awful? No sorry. Joes is a pretty scuzzy place. At least the one I went to. At least the RL didn't smell like dead rotten fish like a Joes smells like.So what are good acceptable chain places?Outback is weird. I went to my first Outback this year. Steak was good but the table was sticky and it is way too dark. That was my Outback experience. Oh and their uniforms are a bit gay.Chili's. I don;t think I have ever had a good meal at Chili's.RL. I don't go out of my way to eat there but I can't think of ever having a poor experience. Macaroni Grill. I went to one this summer when we went to see my Grandma. It wasn't bad but it wasnt fantastic. Famous Dave's. As I think about chains I think this one is my favorite. Or at least the one I go to the most. Olive Garden. I am positive that each visit has resulted in a visit to the bathroom to shit brown water out of my ass. I do miss Chi Chi's though. Oh and I like to go to Big Boys for breakfast sometimes. Great hash browns. I can't really think of any others. At least that I have been too. We usually go to resturaunts in downtown Royal Oak and I think the only chain one they have is Mongolian BBQ. Or BD's or whatever it is called. Usually we go to Bastone and there is only one of those. Applebees? Yuck.
Their All-American Meal feeds 4 people for $60, and it's the best thing ever. The major problem with it, is the corn-on-the-cob. If you're from Iowa, just throw it in the trash.

We should probably have a poll in regards to best national chains. I'll list off a handful I think should be on thereChilisApplebeesRed LobsterOlive GardenRed RobinRuby TuesdaysMacaroni GrillMimis CafeOn The BorderChevy'sSuspender FlairOutbackBuca Di PepoThat's about all I can think of

We should probably have a poll in regards to best national chains. I'll list off a handful I think should be on thereChilisApplebeesRed LobsterOlive GardenRed RobinRuby TuesdaysMacaroni GrillMimis CafeOn The BorderChevy'sSuspender FlairOutbackBuca Di PepoThat's about all I can think of
The Cheesecake FactoryTexas RoadhouseP.F. Chang'sLonghorn SteakhouseCracker BarrelT.G.I. Friday'sGolden CorralIHOP