Fantasy Hockey Discussions

Yeah I gotta believe you can do better than that Serge. Brunner and a 1st would be an ok, not great package for Bobby Ryan. Parise is worth more than that alone. (assuming this is the AHL ?)

Thanks guys..Not the AHL but another league that uses essentially the same rules.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reporting this post to the police and children's aid.

Great final keeper draft of the year.   Friday night, meet up with the guys in Niagara. Most of the pool participants spent the day golfing, I joined them for dinner. The guys got a private room in

I can finally write this, been waiting til the end to not jinx anything. Thank you Devan Dubnyk!   I have 3 keeper pools I am in outside of AHL/FCHL. 2 I am very serious about, the other bla,   #1

Projection of the 1st is important too. Probably trends to being later so meh.

It's basically Brunner, late 1st, trash. Can probably get another actual piece of value trown in. A 2nd rounder, 2nd tier prospect, etc.

Also, since you're in a rebuild, I'd actually be weary of Brunner. Isn't he like 26 already? He's kind of a now or never guy. I'd want him if I wanted to win now or in the next year, maybe two. I'd try to get a longer term prospect, someone 18-22 years old or something, likely.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok here is another trade offer..I am now on the crusp of playoffs so not sure which way I am going....Parise and Kopitar are rent a players..What do you think of this offer :

I GET:

INGLORIOUS BASTARDS 2015 1st pick

INGLORIOUS BASTARDS 2014 1st pick

TEUVO TERAVINEN

JARED MCCANN

JOSH MORRISSEY

J.T. COMPHER

SAMI VATANEN

I GIVE UP

ANZE KOPITAR

ZACH PARISE

Any deal where you get Sami Vatanen you have to make. He's the next Lubomir

Hmm ok..I get worried when players are 21 only played 3 NHL games and are in the AHL

now remember that I might have a little bit of bias when it comes to Sami

I have the same bias, all I hear from the Ducks fanbase are wonderful things about how good he's going to be.

21 and having played ANY NHL games is good for most prospects, they can't all be Tavares/Stamkos/Crosby, etc. Non-ridiculous guys take time to develop.

I'm really big on Teravainen, Serge, as you could probably guess by me grabbing him 5th in the AHL draft.

• Like 1

Salaries?

I'll be honest, I dont recognize a couple of those names, are they phenom 11yr olds?

Do you think you have a legitimate shot to make playoffs and then to cause hay once you get there?

Is Inglor Bast going to be a top team next few yrs as well, how high is that 1st rounder truly?

You gotta answer some questions for me to know if its the right deal, but off hand, Id say it probably is if your just an "on the cusp" team. Thats coming from another on the cusp team in the AHL, who also cant seem to accept reality.

In addition to Arp's questions, I'd like to see your roster and salary structure, ie when you plan to compete and strive to be a top team, etc. I mean, if Anze and whoever the other guy was aren't coming back next year anyway... as much as Arp hates this idea, I'd rather have Teuvo and Bob's future restraining orderer than guys that will sneak me into the playoffs just to lose. These formats tend to disfavor scratching and clawing into the bottom of the bracket unless your team is getting significant upgrades from injury returns, lots of deadline assets, etc. IMO.

Salaries?

I'll be honest, I dont recognize a couple of those names, are they phenom 11yr olds?

Do you think you have a legitimate shot to make playoffs and then to cause hay once you get there?

Is Inglor Bast going to be a top team next few yrs as well, how high is that 1st rounder truly?

You gotta answer some questions for me to know if its the right deal, but off hand, Id say it probably is if your just an "on the cusp" team. Thats coming from another on the cusp team in the AHL, who also cant seem to accept reality.

We have a rule (like previously in AHL) we can draft 16 year olds..Not 14 but 16..Lot of the guys are slated to high..

The Salaries are irrelevant..2 rent a players being traded for junior players and draft picks..Inglorious Bastards are trying to win...He drafts well, so it wont be really high end..

Right now I sit in 6th place in conference(two conference structure) 2 pts out of a playoff spot..I have a pretty good team, started REALLY bad like 1-6...have been better lately..Tempting to load up assets..

My two fantasy teams are 7-35-1 this season.

Professional tanker!

You should apply for a job with Columbus. I was gonna suggest the Oilers, but they're already good at it.

Need some advice on who I should use tomorrow.

I have a big game against The Mustangs.

My available D are the following and I can only use 4 of them.

Keith

Tyutin

Wisniewski

Bouwmeester

Ericsson

Yandle

Martin

Souray

Chara

Keith

Tyutin

Wisniewski

Bouwmeester

Ericsson

Yandle

Martin

Souray

Chara

Ridiculous. :)

Keith

Tyutin

Wisniewski

Bouwmeester

Ericsson

Yandle

Martin

Souray

Chara

Ericsson

Martin

Bouwmeester

Tyutin

I'm in a pool where the starting lineup is only 12F, 5D. 15 Poolies. Im off to a fantastic start, huge lead.

This is the big payday one, last year winner got $7k-ish.

In the last 9days, I lost: EKarlsson, Nash, Skinner, Malkin, Del Zotto. Thats more then 25% of my team. One for the year, the other 4 indefinite, prob all concussions.

Karlsson and Skinner are especially tough, cause both are cheap, and helped me get under the cap. Replacing them is impossible. Now try replacing Malkin.

My latest is Prust, who has been huge for me cause pims matter, and he leads the league.

I feel cursed in fantasy hockey this year. I hate hockey right now.

lol crap... I got him as a throw in when I sold everything, and now he's a regular in my lineup!!!

Re: Malkin - I hope he has more whiplash than concussion. I imagine both could cause headachy type symptoms, right?

Re: Malkin - I hope he has more whiplash than concussion. I imagine both could cause headachy type symptoms, right?

I guess. Ill cling to that as hope.

I was working on the comp with the tv on in background when it happened, and I heard the thump more then I heard the announcer.

Also, if any of you have HSedin, Price, Rask, Eberle in any of your pools, get rid of them now. They're next.