Fantasy Hockey Discussions

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reporting this post to the police and children's aid.

Great final keeper draft of the year.   Friday night, meet up with the guys in Niagara. Most of the pool participants spent the day golfing, I joined them for dinner. The guys got a private room in

I can finally write this, been waiting til the end to not jinx anything. Thank you Devan Dubnyk!   I have 3 keeper pools I am in outside of AHL/FCHL. 2 I am very serious about, the other bla,   #1

Well, there goes the hope that I might get some consensus here and that it might help me get some clarity. lol. Kidding guys, thanks for the quick responses.

I pick 5th + 7th in my draft on Sunday. Top 3 is obvious, and Im just trying to come up with a top 7 that works for me. Its essentially anyone from this NHL draft, plus some others who were never picked before, ie Aho, Kempe, Barbashev, Scherbak. Goalies may also factor in this draft, but I wont grab one in top 7.

actually, im also almost 100% positive Dubois will go 4th.

So I guess my question is, who do I take at 5?

Keller, Tkachuk, A.Nylander or Aho.

btw, the guy picking 2nd has pretty much guaranteed he will go with Puuljarvi over Laine.

actually, im also almost 100% positive Dubois will go 4th.

So I guess my question is, who do I take at 5?

Keller, Tkachuk, A.Nylander or Aho.

btw, the guy picking 2nd has pretty much guaranteed he will go with Puuljarvi over Laine.

I'd take Aho at #5 because he has less talent ahead of him in Carolina than Nylander in BUF or Keller in ARI.

In terms of just points, how would you rank these 5 prospects if you could have them on the farm for 4 years and call them up whenever you want.

Dubois

Tkachuk

Keller

Nylander

Aho

biggest upside within 3-5 years lets say.

Tkachuk

End of discussion

Dubois

Aho

Tkachuk

Keller

Nylander

I'd be tempted to take Aho since he is safer, closer to the bigs, and has shown success in a men's pro league already. I think Dubois has higher upside though.

• 2 weeks later...

My farm team in the NGFHL...I need to drop one before Saturday..Who should I drop? BTW I also have Mcdavid..I am pretty good. Remember we draft 16 year olds.

GABRIEL CARLSSON DEF CBS $ 15.00 FILIP CHLAPIK FWD OHL $ 20.00 J.T. COMPHER FWD BUF $ 10.00 JACOB DE LA ROSE FWD MON $ 15.00 PIERRE-LUC DUBOIS FWD QMJHL $ 25.00 ADAM ERNE FWD TAM $ 15.00 FREDERICK GAUTHIER FWD TOR $ 15.00 BRETT HOWDEN FOR WHL $ 20.00 LUKE KIRWAN FWD OHL $ 25.00 SCOTT LAUGHTON FWD PHI $ 10.00 STELIO MATTHEOS FWD WHL $ 25.00 AUSTON MATTHEWS FWD OHL $ 25.00 JOSH MORRISSEY DEF WPG $ 10.00 JOSEPH MORROW DEF PIT $ 10.00 VLADISLAV NAMESTNIKOV FWD TAM $ 20.00 STEFAN NOESEN FWD ANA $ 10.00 SCOTT REEDY FWD USHL $ 25.00 NICK RITCHIE FWD ANA $ 20.00 KERBY RYCHEL FWD TOR $ 20.00 JORDAN SUBBAN DEF VAN $ 10.00 SEGEI TOLCHINSKY FWD RUS $ 10.00

I have a pretty decent farm..Three of those players are getting called up due to our Toews rule which is 41 games.. Namestnikov, Laughton and Morrow..

I will also call up Matthews..

However I must drop one before free agent draft..

Gauthier or one of the guys I haven't heard of.

I hate dropping a guy with NHL games played already..But Gauthier will probably be a defensive player anyways..

Yeah don't think he'll score.

I don't know Reedy, Matheos, or Kirwan either.

They were ranked high in mock drafts when I took them..Mattheos is still touted to go first round next year..

16 year olds not named Crosby, McDavid stocks fluctuate a lot..

I think Ill drop Kirwan..

Actually its definetely Kirwan..He didnt get drafted in his draft year..

Who are my fellow Dubois owners?

How are we looking? Will he make the team and then get sent down before 10 games? I think he may dominate the Juniors this year.

Who are my fellow Dubois owners?

How are we looking? Will he make the team and then get sent down before 10 games? I think he may dominate the Juniors this year.

Likely getting sent down.

Top players in the free agent draft tomorrow that I will be Skyping in to:

Patrick Kane

Sidney Crosby

Alex Ovechkin

John Tavares

Steven Stamkos

Evgeni Malkin

Corey Perry

Anze Kopitar

Niklas Backstrom

Joe Thornton

Ryan Getzlaf

Phil Kessel

Pk Subban

Dustin Byfuglien

Kris Letang

• 3 weeks later...

In the NGFHL that is Darrell's pool..I have started off 7-0..

My team is pretty ridicolously good, and getting off to a good start..

Forwards are led by

Mcdavid

Matthews

Stamkos

Steen

Scheiffle

Hoffman

amongst others. However the defense is legendary:

Subban

Weber

Byfuglien

Ristolainen

Keith

Zaitsev

I hope to win that one and the AHL at the same time.

How in the world did you get McDavid AND Matthews>

Lucky..I picked them up as 16 year olds.

McDavid was actually because I won the lottery, he was highly touted at 15..Matthews was someone I was high on , not everyone was on him at 16.

Edit..

I think Mcdavid was touted at 9..lol