Fantasy Hockey Discussions

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reporting this post to the police and children's aid.

Great final keeper draft of the year.   Friday night, meet up with the guys in Niagara. Most of the pool participants spent the day golfing, I joined them for dinner. The guys got a private room in

I can finally write this, been waiting til the end to not jinx anything. Thank you Devan Dubnyk!   I have 3 keeper pools I am in outside of AHL/FCHL. 2 I am very serious about, the other bla,   #1

I have to bench one of these guys on Wednesday in the FCHL. who would you bench?

Patrick Laine @cgy

Tarasenko @NSH

Sebastian Aho vs. TOR

Claude Giroux @BUF

Jack Eichel vs. PHI

Mikko Rantanen @LA

Matthew Tkachuk vs. WPG

I have to bench one of these guys on Wednesday in the FCHL. who would you bench?

Patrick Laine @cgy

Tarasenko @NSH

Sebastian Aho vs. TOR

Claude Giroux @BUF

Jack Eichel vs. PHI

Mikko Rantanen @LA

Matthew Tkachuk vs. WPG

"Hey guys, look how sick my lineup is, and how I am clearly the best team in the FCHL"

Signed,

The Guy who will be in 2nd place after Wed night

• Like 1

Tarasenko or Aho

Dale, remember when you used to be good at fantasy hockey? Those were the days huh?

Now you're saying stuff like THIS ABOVE

No wonder you are barely leading the Stangs+StHeads+Thieves in your awful division

• Like 1

"Hey guys, look how sick my lineup is, and how I am clearly the best team in the FCHL"

Signed,

The Guy who will be in 2nd place after Wed night

Can’t sneak anything past you guys

Dale, remember when you used to be good at fantasy hockey? Those were the days huh?

Now you're saying stuff like THIS ABOVE

No wonder you are barely leading the Stangs+StHeads+Thieves in your awful division

Always an unwarranted jab at the defenceless Mustangs. May your team give up 12 EN goals in a row to cause you to lose by a half for the next 12 games

Always an unwarranted jab at the defenceless Mustangs. May your team give up 12 EN goals in a row to cause you to lose by a half for the next 12 games

You can fix the "defenceless" part by actually getting a defenceman who scores one of these years. :icon_smile:

You can fix the "defenceless" part by actually getting a defenceman who scores one of these years. :icon_smile:

well played..Your team's Dougie Hamilton is a jackass that needs to be dumped..

• 3 months later...

I am in a weekly ESPN heads up pool that is coming down to possibly save percentage and wins. I have Jacob Marstrom tonight..I am afraid..

Wins, Saves, Save percentage and GAA are categories..

We are tied in wins, I have saves locked up and GAA and Save percentage are close..Do I sit Markstrom as the Leafs might put 5 by him? Or does he get a fluky win maybe, even a 1 or 2 GAA performance on 50 shots? I am so torn and it sucks that its the Leafs

Close, as in ahead or behind? Who's your opponent's goalie?

We have 3 goalies..Still lots of starts left..I have Koskinen, BOB and Markstrom.. He has Rinne, Rask and Greiss

The Save percentage is .922 for me and .925 for him

Such an odd situation...Almost considered dropping Marner as his stats are useless to me this week as i have locked up Goals, Assists and plus Minus..

• 6 months later...

First off...I haven't logged in since 2011. So congrats to me for remembering my username and password. Figured this would be a good place to come for fantasy hockey advice. Glad to see you guys are still at it. Where do you guys generally get your dynasty info and how do you typically research prospects? I am aware of Dobbers - which is a decent but limited resource. I found a great site a couple years ago but forgot the name and can no longer find it. Just wondering what you guys use. Thanks!

First off...I haven't logged in since 2011. So congrats to me for remembering my username and password. Figured this would be a good place to come for fantasy hockey advice. Glad to see you guys are still at it. Where do you guys generally get your dynasty info and how do you typically research prospects? I am aware of Dobbers - which is a decent but limited resource. I found a great site a couple years ago but forgot the name and can no longer find it. Just wondering what you guys use. Thanks!

I like the writers like Corey Pronman at The Athletic. It's a subscription service but anybody into sports will get a ton of value from subscribing.

Surprised you find Dobber limited? Seems pretty extensive to me.

Also Hockeywriters and The Draft Analyst

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot. I do love the prospect rankings lists they post. There are some good articles too. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spots on their site. Any insight specifically to what you find useful there? I do like the write ups that Elite Prospects does on individual players - although they are not always updated. I will check out the other two you mentioned. Thanks again!

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot. I do love the prospect rankings lists they post. There are some good articles too. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spots on their site. Any insight specifically to what you find useful there? I do like the write ups that Elite Prospects does on individual players - although they are not always updated. I will check out the other two you mentioned. Thanks again!

The Dobber Fantasy Guide that you purchase is pretty good and probably what Daniel is referring to.

Magazines are always way out of date by draft time..Dobber constantly updates his stuff after you buy it..

Dobber for the win