Fantasy Hockey Discussions

Independent mediator?

nope..Owners voting..

I am not really upset as its the right thing probably..

But I was so excited when I realized i was getting Stamkos

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reporting this post to the police and children's aid.

Great final keeper draft of the year.   Friday night, meet up with the guys in Niagara. Most of the pool participants spent the day golfing, I joined them for dinner. The guys got a private room in

I can finally write this, been waiting til the end to not jinx anything. Thank you Devan Dubnyk!   I have 3 keeper pools I am in outside of AHL/FCHL. 2 I am very serious about, the other bla,   #1

First thing you gotta know about this pool is that the commissioner....well, he just shouldnt be running a pool. He doesnt have the personality for it, and he will fight and never admit a wrong.

I feel bad for Serge, but really, this comes down to a poor communication from the commish.

Last place team gets first pick in the next draft. Serge+1 other team finished tied for last in their records. In the rules it states

"Standings are based on overall record and any tie breakers are based on head to head match ups first, and then by winning percentage, if necessary."

So what does commish do? He sends out an email saying Serge won the tiebreaker, so he picks first. The other guy naturally objects.

Again, I feel really bad for Serge, but as he put it to me in a private text, he got slowrolled. He never won, the commish just screwed up.

Btw, the commish stated

"I had to sleep on this and think about it a little more as I had a feeling this might happen when I was typing it up. Reviewing the rules it says any tie is then based on head to head results but what it doesn't do is go one step further for what kind of tie there is. Usually in tie breakers the person who wins the tie breaker wins the position or prize based on that tie. If this was for say first place, Serge would win and gets that prize. In this case Serge wins but then loses and actually _______ wins."

He is the kind of guy who can never admit being wrong, so he says things like "I had a feeling this might happen when I was typing up the rules...."...umm, dont you think if you had your own interpretation thats different then anyone elses, maybe you should have added it to the rules for all of us?

Ya thats a good synopsis of the situation.

Again I am not upset as that seems to be the fair decision.

Stamkos to me wasnt meant to be..

I think the worst trade I did was getting Tim Connolly. After I realize he sucks. I traded him away and then got him back again. I suck.

Brian Burke would agree. One of the worst signings

• 2 weeks later...

Any way you not take Crosby first overall in a new keeper?

I don't know how you could justify it apart from speculating on future injuries. If you can sell yourself on him never seeing another 82 game season then you could make an argument for Stamkos I suppose...I think he and Drouin will be big money together for a lot of years.

If it was my pick to make, I'd hem and haw and then take Crosby.

Any way you not take Crosby first overall in a new keeper?

Sure, what are the rules?

Pts only? How long can you keep him? Are goalies available and how do they score pts?

I think Adam's is probably my answer too, I had a draft like this 1.5yrs ago, I went with Crosby and some people were shocked I didnt take Malkin. It was a 5 year contract for Syd, Im not regretting it at all.

Sure, what are the rules?

Pts only? How long can you keep him? Are goalies available and how do they score pts?

I think Adam's is probably my answer too, I had a draft like this 1.5yrs ago, I went with Crosby and some people were shocked I didnt take Malkin. It was a 5 year contract for Syd, Im not regretting it at all.

Points only -- partial dynasty keeper (ie: you can keep ~half your roster / each player as long as you want). Goalies are 2 for W + 2 for SO; I'll have to grab at least one when it comes back to me at 29/30. Weekly lineups.

Points only -- partial dynasty keeper (ie: you can keep ~half your roster / each player as long as you want). Goalies are 2 for W + 2 for SO; I'll have to grab at least one when it comes back to me at 29/30. Weekly lineups.

Crosby for sure then, unless its a very very deep pool, then you have to consider someone more solid, but I still would end up at Crosby.

Interesting is pick #2.

who cares if he misses a quarter of every season? his ppg was 0.31 more than the next guy in line last season.

1.31 x 61.5 games =80.56 points

1.00 x 82 games = 82 points

I guess the argument is, what if Crosby starts missing more than a quarter of a season? What if he does that routinely?

Also, we should probably discuss the fact that the last time Crosby led the league in total points was 2006-2007. Future speculation dictates that you take the most talented player, which he certainly is, but his injury issues aren't insignificant.

1.31 x 61.5 games =80.56 points

1.00 x 82 games = 82 points

Also, we should probably discuss the fact that the last time Crosby led the league in total points was 2006-2007.

This isnt really that important if its not a deep league, and you set your rosters weekly, as Duane mentioned.

Even if you assume he misses 20 games a year, he will probably still be worth more then anyone, because you can reserve him when he's hurt, and plug in another player who may not be that far off the league average.

Stamkos would be the gutsy choice

I'm leaning towards a strong opinion that if you weigh both of their actual stats against each other over the next 5 years, it's probably a wash. And you get more fantasy GP out of Stamkos as he's missed like three in his career. You probably get more points out of Crosby in the games he participates in.

For those unaware........

I just got royally slowrolled for a major situation in a keeper pool with Arp.

The commish ruled that I had the first pick in the draft, therefore I get Stamkos(owner left therefore this guys is available).

Then they decided I lose the tiebreaker for last place..

Apparently two of us tied for last, but I beat him heads up..

Major brutality..

Keep in mind, this would be him getting Stamkos after 10 teams already protect 40 players.

(A team left in the offseason, and his players are avalable)