Msnbc Shifting Right?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much everything is right of Olbermann, so yeah, they will have to shift right. Unless they want to dig up the body of Karl Marx and prop it in front of a microphone. It would probably get better ratings, too.

His firing is years overdue. At some point he went from reasonable dissenter to pretentious douchebag. His ego got way too big, but you could say that about pretty much any pundit on TV I suppose.But yeah, this isn't a change in MSNBC's news coverage. Just a solid business decision.

The above pretty much nails it.The evolution of any political talking-head is something like this... First, they present opinions...They find an audience who lavishes them with praise...Infused with self-confidence, they go from presenting opinions to pushing an agenda....More praise from the same people....They now believe they're something of a 'chosen one', advocating a position for an audience without a voice.God complex, overblown ego, they become intolerable... One are where Rush Limbaugh has been quite savvy. He's always been quite direct with approaching this phenomenon in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way while the others don't seem to have the self-awareness to get ahead of the ball...

One are where Rush Limbaugh has been quite savvy. He's always been quite direct with approaching this phenomenon in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way while the others don't seem to have the self-awareness to get ahead of the ball...
I don't know. I think talk radio's an entirely different animal. Rush would get shuffled off of TV pretty quickly with the shit he says. Radio's more tolerant of extreme opinions.Unless I'm too drunk to read you correctly. In which case, carry on...
I don't know. I think talk radio's an entirely different animal. Rush would get shuffled off of TV pretty quickly with the shit he says. Radio's more tolerant of extreme opinions.
(Mark this as the very moment when I realized I'm now officially old)
The above pretty much nails it.The evolution of any political talking-head is something like this... First, they present opinions...They find an audience who lavishes them with praise...Infused with self-confidence, they go from presenting opinions to pushing an agenda....More praise from the same people....They now believe they're something of a 'chosen one', advocating a position for an audience without a voice.God complex, overblown ego, they become intolerable... One are where Rush Limbaugh has been quite savvy. He's always been quite direct with approaching this phenomenon in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way while the others don't seem to have the self-awareness to get ahead of the ball...
Or, for whatever reason, he is just allowed to get away with things no one else possibly could:http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-r...-speaks-chinesehttp://www.politicalgroove.com/showthread....-Speaks-Chinese
Or, for whatever reason, he is just allowed to get away with things no one else possibly could:http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-r...-speaks-chinesehttp://www.politicalgroove.com/showthread....-Speaks-Chinese
Anyone who listens to Rush knows he doesn't have a racist bone in his body. That's why we can listen to him and understand what he means without taking him out of context and pretending that you've uncovered the 'real' Rush.But it is totally in lock step with how the democrats operate to 'know' what an opponent 'really means' 'really feels' and 'deep down how they view the world'.At least when you did it with Bush, you had the excuse that you didn't have access.Rush is on 3 hours a day, probably 200 days a year, for 20 years, and you guys still don't have a clue what he is about.Except for the 4.7 minutes of sound bites pulled from the tens of thousands of hours of his show that gives you 'all the information you need to know'.
Anyone who listens to Rush knows he doesn't have a racist bone in his body. That's why we can listen to him and understand what he means without taking him out of context and pretending that you've uncovered the 'real' Rush.
you're right, that's totally out of context.
you're right, that's totally out of context.
As were these:
Clinton is quoted as telling Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.), "A few years ago, this guy (Obama) would be getting us coffee."
As were these:
no it was not. I love Bill Clinton but he's still a white guy from Arkansas who sleeps around on his wife. Great president, mediocre person (at best).also, kung pao jibber jabber is amazing.
I'm afraid no matter how you frame it, "Ching choing chong" is still racist.
What did that bell sound like?Kind of like; Ching, Choing Chong...maybe a little Choung in there...Oh cool thanks.

CNN is broadcasting the SOTU, the Republican response....AND the Tea Party response tonight!! Any chance this is the Tea Party's night to jump the shark? I mean...Michelle Bachman! God I hope she's as crazy as ever.

CNN is broadcasting the SOTU, the Republican response....AND the Tea Party response tonight!! Any chance this is the Tea Party's night to jump the shark? I mean...Michelle Bachman! God I hope she's as crazy as ever.
It should be pretty good. Can't wait.
Bachman's response is not the tea party response, it's just her personal response. I'm not sure why she can get attention for that. I called and they wouldn't broadcast mine.
Bachman's response is not the tea party response, it's just her personal response. I'm not sure why she can get attention for that. I called and they wouldn't broadcast mine.
It's just sponsored by the Tea Party Express. Coincidence, probably.
That's not what....everyone else is saying. Including Fox News.
You may wish it was different Henry but Bachman is a face of the Tea Party. An ambitious, disingenuous, delusional, dim-witted, divisive face.Edit: and I bet she got a lot of "D's" in school.