Survivor Redemption Island - Fantasy Pool

Well I for one was actually very happy that the votes were so predictable. Finally a season where the person who deserved to win got the win. I think it was only because the 2 people he brought with him were just the dumbest players. Rob single handedly picked the players he wanted with at the end really early in the game. He recognized that Phillip was going to be seen as crazy but he knew if he opened up to him and listened to him for a just a few minutes each day he'd gain his trust. It's really a level of thinking beyond the rest. He saw Natalie as a lost puppy and pulled the Russel card by saying trust me and do what I say. He worked magic every single episode and didn't make a real mistake which I think is the key. When you slip up and say one wrong thing to someone it can backfire, he kept in game mode all the way through and knew he wasn't there to make friends (Even though he genuinely made friends but didn't let it skew his decisions).I think recognizing that you need to get rid of a close friend of yours in the game to win and able to follow through with it is a lot harder than we sit here and talk about. If after 39 days you sleep, eat and talk every day with people and become real friends it's got to be very difficult to suddenly lie to their face, vote them out and then still get their vote at the end. That's not something a lot of players are able to do.I'll end my babble with 3 notes:1) Did they say 2 people from THIS season are returning or just 2 PAST contestants? (I hope one is ozzy btw).2) Redemption island is returning and if I don't like the 2 returnees I might not care about the show at all.3) I need to know how all 3 winners would like to be paid, PokerStars money if you're nonamerican or PayPal if you are. If it's PayPal you might need to wait a little bit while I withdraw from PS.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an American, so I guess Paypal is my only option.

Because they can use it? It's about the power of the idol. What they should've done is vote off Phillip.Also, I think I can see how it would've been difficult to vote off Rob. If you try to flush the idol by voting off Rob and he does use it, then you're head is next on the chopping block. Rob was a HUGE threat to win any immunity challenge. If he wins any of immunity challenge then you're gone.
agree with you going after phillip would have been a better strategy but you have to go after Rob. As a competitor, it is the only move. You do not play for second. If you fail then so be it. Atleast you were voted off doing what is the best chance for you to win. I would rather finish 5th trying to win then second by helping the eventual winner. Of course I am asking alot by expecting them to start playing the game. They showed from day one they had zero idea how to play--great posts by Mercury and Gov-- agree agree agree
agree with you going after phillip would have been a better strategy but you have to go after Rob. As a competitor, it is the only move. You do not play for second. If you fail then so be it. Atleast you were voted off doing what is the best chance for you to win. I would rather finish 5th trying to win then second by helping the eventual winner. Of course I am asking alot by expecting them to start playing the game. They showed from day one they had zero idea how to play--great posts by Mercury and Gov-- agree agree agree
Also, if I remember correctly, 2nd and 3rd get like $100,000. So that could also play into the strategy.Ok, so say the girl alliance of Andrea, Natalie and Ashley vote for Rob. All votes for Rob don't count because he used the idol, so Andrea gets voted out anyway. Then you're left with same scenario.
Also, if I remember correctly, 2nd and 3rd get like $100,000. So that could also play into the strategy.Ok, so say the girl alliance of Andrea, Natalie and Ashley vote for Rob. All votes for Rob don't count because he used the idol, so Andrea gets voted out anyway. Then you're left with same scenario.
can't argue with 100,00 being great incentive! But that is the problem. They were playing for that only. Any competitor would have been trying to get rob out right after the merge while still maintaining numbers. I would have tried to get Matt on my side instead of blindsliding him a second time. Using matt and the other tribe members to vote rob off. Even if you fail and get voted out then you can look in the mirror knowing you did what you had to do. Agreed once you let it get to 5 and rob with an idol it is too late.of course I am just monday morning quarterbacking. if I was on the show I probably would be the first one voted out! no illusions here---

Honestly I would rather not see two returners next season, I can't really think of anyone that I'd really like to see again. All the really famous contestants have already been on 2 or 3 times, I don't need to see them again, so they are going to have to be really good for me to be excited about it.I think having Rob and Russell along with Redemption Island took too much airtime away from the contestants, and there were just too many contestants who were not on TV at all. I understand having the returners for ratings purposes, just not my cup of tea. I like seeing new people.

can't argue with 100,00 being great incentive! But that is the problem. They were playing for that only. Any competitor would have been trying to get rob out right after the merge while still maintaining numbers. I would have tried to get Matt on my side instead of blindsliding him a second time. Using matt and the other tribe members to vote rob off. Even if you fail and get voted out then you can look in the mirror knowing you did what you had to do. Agreed once you let it get to 5 and rob with an idol it is too late.of course I am just monday morning quarterbacking. if I was on the show I probably would be the first one voted out! no illusions here---
But Matt couldn't be trusted. Even Andrea didn't trust Matt after he threw her under the bus. Matt went to Zapatera and said he was aligning with them, then he switched his mind and told Rob everything leaving Andrea out to dry. Although I agree they should have voted Rob off after they had the big numbers post merge.
Honestly I would rather not see two returners next season, I can't really think of anyone that I'd really like to see again. All the really famous contestants have already been on 2 or 3 times, I don't need to see them again, so they are going to have to be really good for me to be excited about it.I think having Rob and Russell along with Redemption Island took too much airtime away from the contestants, and there were just too many contestants who were not on TV at all. I understand having the returners for ratings purposes, just not my cup of tea. I like seeing new people.
Agree 100%
I'm not sure they would bring back two "nice" people.
Survivor: Guatamala had Stephenie LaGrossa and Bobby Jon Drinkard, who were both likable, but I agree that no one from this Season (other than Rob & Russell) represent that sort of popularity.
Ok, so say the girl alliance of Andrea, Natalie and Ashley vote for Rob. All votes for Rob don't count because he used the idol, so Andrea gets voted out anyway. Then you're left with same scenario.
It isn't the same. Yeah, Andrea is still out anyway Rob no longer has the Idol. Basically you are saying it is poor strategy to vote for someone who has an Idol be cause he might play it. ...speaking of Russell...
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/16/survivor-russell-hantz/'Survivor' Russell Hantz lands A&E reality showHe might not have won the $1 million, but favorite Survivor villain Russell Hantz is going to try for big bucks on a new A&E show.Hantz will star in Flipped, a series following the three-time Survivor contestant as he and his family attempt to buy Houston-area houses cheap and re-sell them at a profit during this tough economy. Do we have a supremely confident quote from Hantz? But of course.“There are tons of reality TV stars sitting on their couches and twiddling their thumbs because they haven’t created anything else,” Hantz says, “I expect to be one of the biggest house flippers in Houston and I am here to bring Houston’s economy back on its feet.”
He's going to bring Houston's economy back by making money flipping houses?
Survivor: Guatamala had Stephenie LaGrossa and Bobby Jon Drinkard, who were both likable, but I agree that no one from this Season (other than Rob & Russell) represent that sort of popularity.It isn't the same. Yeah, Andrea is still out anyway Rob no longer has the Idol. Basically you are saying it is poor strategy to vote for someone who has an Idol be cause he might play it.
Yes it is poor strategy. Rob wasn't able to use the idol anyway after the five, that was the last time he was able to use it. So it would've been the same thing anyway.

as always tanner is spot on-- have zero interest in watching repeaters. I also am sick with redemption island returning. I will seriously do some research on the new cast. I love the show and it will be hard not to watch but "RI" really bugs me. Gamebreaker for not watching--on a side note--- funny how we watch 20+ hours and really see nothing. I mean shocking that the girls knew Rob had the idol. I sat there every episode thinking he was pulling the wool over everybody and then find out he just flat told them I have it--- wownot even going into editing-- I am sure most reaction shots or quotes are not even in regards to what was actually said

How do those super skinny girls wearing the bikinis not show camel toe in any shot ever? They don't even have a pixelated shots of their va jay jay's. Not that I've been looking at every single shot this season. Sigh at the NHL not rating high enough to make Survivor to push the season finale back. I had to choose between Chicago/Heat, Survivor finale and the Shark/Canucks. I went with basket ball and 3 hours of Survivor.

How do those super skinny girls wearing the bikinis not show camel toe in any shot ever? They don't even have a pixelated shots of their va jay jay's. Not that I've been looking at every single shot this season. Sigh at the NHL not rating high enough to make Survivor to push the season finale back. I had to choose between Chicago/Heat, Survivor finale and the Shark/Canucks. I went with basket ball and 3 hours of Survivor.
I think this is proof to why the NHL doesn't push anything. The NHL barely registers with me. Gun to my head to name the playoff teams, I could have only guessed Boston, because I think I saw they lost on ESPN's front page one day. I have no idea who beat them. I haven't watched a single hockey game since the Olympics. YOU on the other hand like Hockey. You knew the playoffs were happening. You knew the teams that were playing and the time and day they were playing, and yet, you still chose to not watch it. I think that basically sums it up. I'm shocked that the NHL hasn't folded.
I think recognizing that you need to get rid of a close friend of yours in the game to win and able to follow through with it is a lot harder than we sit here and talk about. If after 39 days you sleep, eat and talk every day with people and become real friends it's got to be very difficult to suddenly lie to their face, vote them out and then still get their vote at the end. That's not something a lot of players are able to do.
I've always wondered about this. I like to think if I went on there I could just do what is strategically correct with no regrets, but the number of people who fret over that decision and ultimately land on the side of friendship makes me think it is way harder than us armchair quarterbacks think it is.My vote on the two survivors coming back: Phillip and the Dragon Slayer.
I've always wondered about this. I like to think if I went on there I could just do what is strategically correct with no regrets, but the number of people who fret over that decision and ultimately land on the side of friendship makes me think it is way harder than us armchair quarterbacks think it is.My vote on the two survivors coming back: Phillip and the Dragon Slayer.
I like Coach, but I don't think I could put up with him for a 3rd time. If they like to put people who are complete jokes back on the show then they are on the top of the list. If we are looking at psychos then NaOnka and Shambo have a chance also. I'd actually love to see Shambo again lol.I just hope it's two people who have only played once... I dont need to see someone like Parvati or Amanda who have played like 12 times. If I had to predict one person for coming back I'd guess Fabio.
He came a close second in the Sprint "popularity vote". I think America is quite fond of Matt. I am not. But most are. I have a hard time respecting a man who thinks every action in life is controlled by God.
Same here.I hope they don't bring him back. He's a good competitor, but obv not a good player in the game.
I think this is proof to why the NHL doesn't push anything. The NHL barely registers with me. Gun to my head to name the playoff teams, I could have only guessed Boston, because I think I saw they lost on ESPN's front page one day. I have no idea who beat them. I haven't watched a single hockey game since the Olympics. YOU on the other hand like Hockey. You knew the playoffs were happening. You knew the teams that were playing and the time and day they were playing, and yet, you still chose to not watch it. I think that basically sums it up. I'm shocked that the NHL hasn't folded.
I recorded Survivor and watched sports at the bar last night.I watched basketball because it was the Bulls. But if there were no Chicago teams, I like the NHL infinitely more than the NBA.
I just hope it's two people who have only played once... I dont need to see someone like Parvati or Amanda who have played like 12 times. If I had to predict one person for coming back I'd guess Fabio.
How about two people that were voted off first. Or that retard that gave away his immunity idol. That might be ok.
I like Coach, but I don't think I could put up with him for a 3rd time. If they like to put people who are complete jokes back on the show then they are on the top of the list. If we are looking at psychos then NaOnka and Shambo have a chance also. I'd actually love to see Shambo again lol.I just hope it's two people who have only played once... I dont need to see someone like Parvati or Amanda who have played like 12 times. If I had to predict one person for coming back I'd guess Fabio.
Agreed that I don't want to see someone come back for the 3rd or 4th time. Not too many I can even think of that I'd want to see.Fabio I can't see coming back just because he's not really seeking redemption - he won.

Oh yeah, I was really ticked that Ralph voted for Phile to win at the end.Mainly because I think he's spelled every single person's name wrong at tribal and I wanted to see how bad he could screw up R-O-B.

Oh yeah, I was really ticked that Ralph voted for Phile to win at the end.Mainly because I think he's spelled every single person's name wrong at tribal and I wanted to see how bad he could screw up R-O-B.
Francesqua tho.
I don't know anything about casting a show, but this season they brought back two villains for a reason. I'm not sure they would bring back two "nice" people. Especially someone like Natalie, who did nothing entertaining. They might bring back Matt if they think that will bring in the Christian viewers.
Same here.I hope they don't bring him back. He's a good competitor, but obv not a good player in the game.
Bringing Matt back would be a big mistake, and I'd be very surprised if they did that. He is a totally uninteresting character. It was slightly interesting to see someone deal with being in isolation that long, but there was nothing intruiguing about Matt's personality per se; he didn't play particularly well, he's not polarizing, villainous, controversial, or charismatic. On top of that his constant religious harping turns a lot of people off.
Bringing Matt back would be a big mistake, and I'd be very surprised if they did that. He is a totally uninteresting character. It was slightly interesting to see someone deal with being in isolation that long, but there was nothing intruiguing about Matt's personality per se; he didn't play particularly well, he's not polarizing, villainous, controversial, or charismatic. On top of that his constant religious harping turns a lot of people off.
100%

I think a guy like Sash from last season might be worthy for returning, although he's not really as memorable as other contestants he definitely ran the show all season and didn't receive a single vote at the end which was frustrating from my stand point (He was my pick lol).I also liked Stephen from Tocantins (One of my favourite survivor seasons), the guy who rode JT's coattails to the end and also didn't get a vote.Two pretty smart guys who I think could do better if they had another shot. Also, while I agree someone who has only played the game once would be ideal I am a big fan of Tyson. Even though he's played it twice, he's pretty awesome dude.