Survivor Redemption Island - Fantasy Pool

Some reunion comments:Grant is dumb. He is dumb for thinking that what Rob did was personal. Does Grant not know that he was a NFL player? Does he really not understand why Rob voted him out? It wasn't personal at all you big dummy.Proposing to someone on live tv? Really? That is so cheesy and her decision was practically forced. I hope she tells him off camera that she needs to think about it for awhile.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some reunion comments:Grant is dumb. He is dumb for thinking that what Rob did was personal. Does Grant not know that he was a NFL player? Does he really not understand why Rob voted him out? It wasn't personal at all you big dummy.Proposing to someone on live tv? Really? That is so cheesy and her decision was practically forced. I hope she tells him off camera that she needs to think about it for awhile.
absolutely!-- it really felt like a yes because I have to say yes. It was a very lackluster answer. Spot on with Grant- does he really think that his teamates/friends were not doing everything possible to make the team and make sure he got cut. Friendly to his face and kissing coaches rear ends behind his back. It is about making a living. He should have understood.maybe he was upset at Rob's confessionals. He must not understand that is what reality tv wants. Rob doesn't even believe half the things he said. He just knew it would be good tv. It was also why he was invited on the show 4 times---- showmanship
As a person who has not been through a survivor type experience I can't put myself in the place of a jury member and understand how they are feeling after getting voted off. With that being said I don't understand how the majority of the jury every season is so incredibly bitter and not happy at all for the people who make it to the end. And they make mean spirited comments towards them like they have known them their whole lives. How can they make such scathing remarks after knowing these people for a short amount of time.Philip is obviously crazy, but I hated how they all ganged up on him and made super mean remarks towards him. Especially the part where Philip made a comment and the whole jury burst out laughing at him. **** the jury this season. You all played horrible. Grow up.And who is Julie? Was she on the show? Did she have any interaction at all with the people in the final 3 aside from stealing Philip's panties? Shut your mouth Julie.
great points but Phillip kinda got what he deserved. He had treated them that way the whole game so I can understand giving him the same medicine. But it does seem like tact is becoming extinct.Agreed can not say how i would react but the bitterness is amazing. Nathalie was the one who i felt sorry for. They called her creepy, weird and useless several times. I mean the girl's only 19. Leave her alone. Rob was the only one to see she needed help and was loyal so you rail her because you couldn't play her like rob did. Julie is amazing creature as well. You take the low road and hide a man's pants and then preach standards. WOW! Julie was the one to push throwing the challenge to get rid of Russell which only led to the entire downfall of the tribe. Then at Tribal Council you rant on Nathalie about her bad game play??? Julie's Family should be ashamed not nathalie's.
great points but Phillip kinda got what he deserved. He had treated them that way the whole game so I can understand giving him the same medicine. But it does seem like tact is becoming extinct.Agreed can not say how i would react but the bitterness is amazing. Nathalie was the one who i felt sorry for. They called her creepy, weird and useless several times. I mean the girl's only 19. Leave her alone. Rob was the only one to see she needed help and was loyal so you rail her because you couldn't play her like rob did. Julie is amazing creature as well. You take the low road and hide a man's pants and then preach standards. WOW! Julie was the one to push throwing the challenge to get rid of Russell which only led to the entire downfall of the tribe. Then at Tribal Council you rant on Nathalie about her bad game play??? Julie's Family should be ashamed not nathalie's.
Totally agree with the bolded. Do these people not watch the show at all?!? How is it that EVERY season people are bitter at how some people play the game?!? And Natalie is ONLY 19, geez!!! And I loved how Phillip just told Julie, "The hell with you!!"

I find it amazing that Julie was asking how people's mothers would feel about how they played the game. I'm sure her mother would be proud of her stealing someone's personal property and burying it with the intentions of the person never finding it. Classy lady.Really glad Rob won (even though him and Amber just walked right past me when I said hi to them at the Venetian last year!)

Meh, it ended how it should've.Not very suspenseful, but the right man won. Watching the final tribal council, I couldn't imagine anything other than a 9-0-0 vote for Rob until I saw Ralph misspell Phillip's name. That made sense.I still think Matt had a good shot at fan fav, but then Mike started winning the RI duels, plus some might've gotten tired of the Jesus-speak.Pissed that RI is coming back. They also mentioned 2 former survivors coming back for redemption. Any ideas? Matt?

Any ideas? Matt?
My first thought was Matt, just because he's so dang nice, but I don't think the majority of America would want him back again. Richard Hatch? Is he off probation yet?Yau-Man?Not Rupert... right?Colby?Coach?
It was obviously something Rob said about him during the 3rd or 4th episode. Rob probably called him dumb or something. It's pretty sad that Grant is a huge pussy.It's fun to go back and re-read the thread and see what everyone's first impressions of all the contestants were.

My thoughts:I'm sad that Grant chose to react the way he did to the airing of the show and to cut off communications with Rob, who thought of Grant as a real friend. I remember sensing when Rob voted Grant off that he really hated doing so.Natalie didn't deserve to win, obviously, but she definitely didn't deserve those comments given to her at tribal.**** Julie.Phillip had the PERFECT chance to just lay out this scenario who he wanted everyone to believe he was crazy, when in fact he was a sane player acting for 39 days. But then he kept up with his craziness at final tribal....I guess he really WAS crazy. Man, he could have just lied and said he was sane...maybe he would have gotten a few more votes.Rob controlled it from the beginning and didn't really face a threat for an entire game...that is just sick.Ashley saying she is the strongest competitor to Rob when they were a tribal with four left was just idiotic.I enjoyed Dave speaking to the council and not to the contestants...he was a terrible player from the social aspect but he really is a smart guy.I don't care if Matt sucks at survivor...to last that long on RI is just an amazing feat. I can't imagine the stress from it all.Oh man Natalie was HOTTTTT in the reunion show. I told Tehtoe she looked like a female Phil Galfond during the show, but MAN was she smoking tonight.LNM1pn98qBXxFjG67KrE.png8QOiJ7dfQ5v9DM1egb81.png**** Steve too...he handled the Phillip situation well but he still comes off as a weak idiot.I really like Mike, wish we could have gotten a chance to see more of him. He seems to be well-balanced all around.RI kinda sucked because both times, the people inserted back into the game just got eliminated right away. I like the concept of re-entry, I just wish there was a better way to do it.

Yeah basically what everyone else said. The other two basically gave Rob all the credit at the final tribal and I was surprised because Philip claimed to have something up his sleeve. Philip is really crazy.Also, did we know that the girls knew that Rob had an idol? I didn't know that they knew until the reunion so that could have changed things a little bit towards the end. It's nice to see that the best player all around actually won, even though most of the people on the jury were really bitter.The reunion show sucks because there's a commercial after every question/conversation and I wish we heard a little bit more from everyone.I'll guess that Natalie and Matt from this season will be on the next one. They both seemed likable and I swear it looked like them in the preview.

How does no one ever take a shot at Rob? It really seemed like everyone else was content to just take an extended vacation. OK. Lets say that his tribe felt that he was the leader they needed to eliminate the other tribe. But how do they not even try to take him out after that has happened? Did Grant think that he could just coast to the Final and then make his case to the Jury? Rob was the only one on his entire tribe actually playing the game. Amazing. Don't get me wrong, he deserved the win. If he didn't win I was ready to say that this game is seriously broken.And Matt. I just watched the penultimate episode - what a little bitch he was.

My first thought was Matt, just because he's so dang nice, but I don't think the majority of America would want him back again.
He came a close second in the Sprint "popularity vote". I think America is quite fond of Matt. I am not. But most are. I have a hard time respecting a man who thinks every action in life is controlled by God.
Ashley saying she is the strongest competitor to Rob when they were a tribal with four left was just idiotic.
Wait. What? She was obviously the strongest competitor to Rob when they were at the final 4. Are you saying it was stupid for her to say that? Because I think you underestimate how little that matters. It's very very rare when people change their vote at tribal. Any hint you get of that is editing.
He came a close second in the Sprint "popularity vote". I think America is quite fond of Matt. I am not. But most are. I have a hard time respecting a man who thinks every action in life is controlled by God.
...and yet, that wasn't a majority. And just because they felt bad for him during this season does not mean that they would want to see another entire season when him and his God. Matt isn't going to get any higher on the popularity scale than he is right now.

I thought the most idiotic part of the evening was when Probst (who I like very much) asked Mike if being in Iraq was comparable to being on Survivor. Really, are you freaking serious? I was so happy that Mike said what he said about Marine service being life and death defense of the country and Survivor being a stupid game where a bunch of wanna be actors lie around in shorts and bikinis and try to outwit one another (paraphrasing, but that's the essence of what he said). Thanks for your service Mike and thanks for saying what you said.Couple of other thoughts:I agree wholeheartedly with the person that made the comment about Ashley's comment at tribal about how great she thought she was the moment before the 4 to 3 vote. So, so stupid.I worry that with the two "returning" players next year, that again it will be a good player and a villian. Please, for the love of God, let Ace continue to coach pee wee soccer and not be on Survivor. Find someone else. I didn't quite understand the Nat and Ashley's logic about not voting for Rob because they knew he had the idol. OK, fine, then why not vote for Phillip if you want to stay together and were looking for a move. Go to Andrea and say "we know Rob has the idol, the three of us can vote Phillip off tonight." I guess Rob's svengali cult like hold over them was just too overwhelming. Unreal.

I'll guess that Natalie and Matt from this season will be on the next one. They both seemed likable and I swear it looked like them in the preview.
I don't know anything about casting a show, but this season they brought back two villains for a reason. I'm not sure they would bring back two "nice" people. Especially someone like Natalie, who did nothing entertaining. They might bring back Matt if they think that will bring in the Christian viewers.
How does no one ever take a shot at Rob? It really seemed like everyone else was content to just take an extended vacation. OK. Lets say that his tribe felt that he was the leader they needed to eliminate the other tribe. But how do they not even try to take him out after that has happened? Did Grant think that he could just coast to the Final and then make his case to the Jury? Rob was the only one on his entire tribe actually playing the game. Amazing. Don't get me wrong, he deserved the win. If he didn't win I was ready to say that this game is seriously broken.And Matt. I just watched the penultimate episode - what a little bitch he was.
It could possible be due to the fact that Rob had the Hidden Immunity Idol. During the Reunion Show Ashley and Natalie mentioned they knew he had it. I wonder when Rob let them know he had the Idol.Also, I am sooooooooooo glad they didn't have "The Fallen" scene, I always hated watching that part of Survivor.
I don't know anything about casting a show, but this season they brought back two villains for a reason. I'm not sure they would bring back two "nice" people. Especially someone like Natalie, who did nothing entertaining. They might bring back Matt if they think that will bring in the Christian viewers.
Yeah I know. I'm just guessing so I can come back here and brag if I actually got it right.
It could possible be due to the fact that Rob had the Hidden Immunity Idol. During the Reunion Show Ashley and Natalie mentioned they knew he had it. I wonder when Rob let them know he had the Idol.Also, I am sooooooooooo glad they didn't have "The Fallen" scene, I always hated watching that part of Survivor.
I was really surprised and happy that they didn't do that. It always seemed so awkward and forced.
...and yet, that wasn't a majority. And just because they felt bad for him during this season does not mean that they would want to see another entire season when him and his God. Matt isn't going to get any higher on the popularity scale than he is right now.
No one got the majority of the votes. I guess that means that Rob isn't liked by the people either if he only got what 4% more votes than Matt? 16 players to vote on. Matt got 36% of the votes, the winner got 40%. I think people like him and would love to see him come back.
No one got the majority of the votes. I guess that means that Rob isn't liked by the people either if he only got what 4% more votes than Matt? 16 players to vote on. Matt got 36% of the votes, the winner got 40%. I think people like him and would love to see him come back.
World English Dictionarymajority (məˈdʒɒrɪtɪ) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide] — n , pl -ties1. the greater number or part of something: the majority of the constituents Also, you are correct. Some people did like Matt. I just don't believe that that number would increase with more of Matt. I'm a hard-core Christian and it was getting old with me. If he wasn't suffering on RI and winning 10 challenges in a row, he would have been unbearable to the average person.
It could possible be due to the fact that Rob had the Hidden Immunity Idol...
I don't understand not voting for someone because they have the Idol, further ensuring that they continue to have the Idol and you still can't vote for him. At least put the fear of a vote into him so he has to play the idol at some point.
I don't understand not voting for someone because they have the Idol, further ensuring that they continue to have the Idol and you still can't vote for him. At least put the fear of a vote into him so he has to play the idol at some point.
Because they can use it? It's about the power of the idol. What they should've done is vote off Phillip.Also, I think I can see how it would've been difficult to vote off Rob. If you try to flush the idol by voting off Rob and he does use it, then you're head is next on the chopping block. Rob was a HUGE threat to win any immunity challenge. If he wins any of immunity challenge then you're gone.
Grant: Wow, dude, acting all hurt about getting played and you were in the NFL? Please...I bet your new wife has bigger balls.David: Oh, that was awkward...Agree with Tanner about the off-camera stuff. Thanks for the awesome sell job on Rob's behalf, though, totally accurate, imoAshley: Wow, you're a bitch and stupid. You say AT TRIBAL COUNCIL "Yeah, I could beat Phil and Nathalie" and then expect a free pass? And then you're a straight up bitch who took it personally? Screw you.Julie: Screw you and your judgements, you old hag. Nathalie played the game better than you, although I don't disagree with the idea that a female alliance could have done some things.Steve: Seriously? Calling someone shameful and that you feel sorry for who they are? Sure, Phil was a dick to play the race card and is pretty nuts, but come one, dude.Ralph: God, you are stupid. Probably a nice guy, but stupid. And hairy. Really hairy.A few other people: w/eOverall, it was pretty much the bitchfest that tribal has become. People playing a game who forget they are in a game and get all whiny and judgemental ("I don't know where this part of you ends and your real life begins" or whatever the stock BS phrase was this time). Sour grapes, man. Don't play any games like Risk and avoid Sorry at all costs...We wouldn't want your feelings to get hurt when we attack Australia or make you move back 3 squares.In the end, I am happy Rob got it and it was well deserved.I did think, however, that if Phil comes to Tribal and says "I played the crazy card; Sorry for being a jackass, irritating everyone, sorry to the girls for getting in their face and esp sorry to Steve for bringing up the race issue, but I was playing a game and this is how I thought I could get the furthest", I honestly think he's got a shot. And, yes, I agree he may be crazy, but he didn't deserve to be treated that shamefully by a bunch of whiny bitches.