Survivor Redemption Island - Fantasy Pool

It seems like the 3 people who would become jury members from Redemption Island would be out of touch as to what's been happening all this time. Not getting to sit in at Tribal Council for A LOT of eliminations makes them big wild cards. They'd only get to go by what others tell them which would be biased opinions at best. I really really hate this RI twist. If it's back next season with regular joes I might not even care to watch.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like the 3 people who would become jury members from Redemption Island would be out of touch as to what's been happening all this time. Not getting to sit in at Tribal Council for A LOT of eliminations makes them big wild cards. They'd only get to go by what others tell them which would be biased opinions at best. I really really hate this RI twist. If it's back next season with regular joes I might not even care to watch.
I disagree with this. Every new person that goes to RI would obviously share anything they learned from tribal, since they're pissed about getting voted off.

I love the Phillip winning scenarios here.Though part of me actually wants Rob to win so they don't keep bringing him back every damn season. Just let him win and retire from Survivor forever.

I love the Phillip winning scenarios here.Though part of me actually wants Rob to win so they don't keep bringing him back every damn season. Just let him win and retire from Survivor forever.
I'm a big fanboy of Rob, loved him since his first season. Although if that scenario with Phillip happens, then I could deal with Rob not winning.Also, can I get some damn credit that I was the first one that thought that Phillip might not actually be crazy!!!
I'm a big fanboy of Rob, loved him since his first season. Although if that scenario with Phillip happens, then I could deal with Rob not winning.Also, can I get some damn credit that I was the first one that thought that Phillip might not actually be crazy!!!
no.
I disagree with this. Every new person that goes to RI would obviously share anything they learned from tribal, since they're pissed about getting voted off.
Right but my point is it's one sided. They don't get to hear everyone talking at tribal to know what's going on, they'd only hear negative comments towards the person who got them out (In most cases Rob).
Oh I still think he's absolutely nuts. I think that CBS production has played up this "acting crazy" (not the N-word crazy) angle and told him to keep it up.

Continuing the Philip converstation:Assuming Philip makes it to the final 3, will this be the first season where someone has been smart enough to string the token psycho on the show all the way to the end of the game? There has been a lot of seasons and I could be overlooking a few contestants.The only season I can remember that has come close was the season that Jenna Morasca won. In that season Rob. C brought Matt (the season's psycho) all the way to the end, but Jenna won the challenge in the final 3 and voted Rob out in 3rd. That season was a final 2, not 3.Also, I wonder if anyone in future seasons will notice that they are on the chopping block, and use Philip's so called "strategy" of acting crazy to try and stay in the game. For the record, I definitely think Philip is actually crazy, not just acting crazy.(edit) I just remembered Dreamz making it to the end in Yau Man's original season. I think towards the end they were trying to vote him out though, and he won a few challenges. I don't think anyone was thinking of bringing him to the end because of him being crazy.

I like the Philip win scenario, but the more I think about it, the less I see it happening. The reason is the same reason Russell didn't win in the finals -- people don't appreciate strategy and play, they vote based on popularity. I don't see this crew being any different. Anything's possible, but it's a huge long shot.

Anything's possible, but it's a huge long shot.
Well, I think that's what everyone is already saying. The fact that Phillip isn't crazy is the biggest long shot.

I really don't like that the winner can also win fan favorite, but that's a complaint for me every year.Also, I'm fine with RI coming back next season.

Kind of anti-climactic, Rob was the only one playing for a long time. I think David's comments at final tribal summed it up: Rob crushed Matt at the first sign of dissent -- twice -- and nobody dared stand up to him again. Rob played the social game, he played the strategic game, he played a physical game. He deserved to win, but that doesn't mean it was an *interesting* result. And frankly, I still don't know if Phillip is crazy or what. He seems to have some kind of split personality that is mostly crazy, but then shows moments of sanity. I wonder if they'll ever bring him back, just for the entertainment factor?My guy didn't make final three, but he got a wedding out of it... shouldn't I get some money for that?

That idiot ralph costed me 20 bucks!
Can someone confirm: he got the spelling wrong on every vote he cast?

This is the 2nd f*cking survivor in a row that Serge & I finished right on the bubble in 4th place. Whenever we first started doing this, serge & I were the first one voted out 3 survivors in a row.Then the last two, we were voted out right on the bubble. Such BS!!!Most boring finale ever imo, since the outcome was pretty obvious. Natalie and Phillip are the dumbest people ever for trying to win over votes. Boggles my mind how stupid they are.

I loved the fact that Phillip started his "vote for me" speech by praising Rob for his brilliance for several minutes.

I loved the fact that Phillip started his "vote for me" speech by praising Rob for his brilliance for several minutes.
yes sir lol but Nathalie did the same thing. Her first statement was I got here by aligning with Rob. Both Nathalie and Phillip's opening statements basically said Rob played better. Has anybody ever managed this game to have two less qualified people beside him in the final-- lol his IQ not withstanding-- how anyone could have written "Phile" down on any card after being told Rob got me here is comicalOne last thing -- Rob played a perfect game but can't say it was the best ever. Hard to call best ever when your the only one playing the game. (either tribe) it was like the other contestants had never seen the game and had zero idea how to play. taking candy from a baby

As a person who has not been through a survivor type experience I can't put myself in the place of a jury member and understand how they are feeling after getting voted off. With that being said I don't understand how the majority of the jury every season is so incredibly bitter and not happy at all for the people who make it to the end. And they make mean spirited comments towards them like they have known them their whole lives. How can they make such scathing remarks after knowing these people for a short amount of time.Philip is obviously crazy, but I hated how they all ganged up on him and made super mean remarks towards him. Especially the part where Philip made a comment and the whole jury burst out laughing at him. **** the jury this season. You all played horrible. Grow up.And who is Julie? Was she on the show? Did she have any interaction at all with the people in the final 3 aside from stealing Philip's panties? Shut your mouth Julie.