Survivor Redemption Island - Fantasy Pool

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yawn... wake me up when next season starts.
lolI think this is where the games begin. Just because a tribe did what it should do, doesn't mean it's a boring season.
lolI think this is where the games begin. Just because a tribe did what it should do, doesn't mean it's a boring season.
I love how Steve & Ralph try to get THREE girls to somehow flip on Rob, they should've been working that from the get go.From next weeks previews

What do you suppose Rob's comment of "30 Days of hard work, gone just like that". Is he just referring to the fact that it's now an individual game amongst themselves? They make it sound like he's sent to Redemption and that interview was filmed there.

I love how Steve & Ralph try to get THREE girls to somehow flip on Rob, they should've been working that from the get go.From next weeks previews

What do you suppose Rob's comment of "30 Days of hard work, gone just like that". Is he just referring to the fact that it's now an individual game amongst themselves? They make it sound like he's sent to Redemption and that interview was filmed there.

lol I just thought it was dumb that they even went after Rob. They should've gone after Philip, Grant or Andrea.Also, I wonder if they realize how much they actually needed Russell. If they had never voted Russell I think they would've still been in the game.
I don't think that is why it is boring, but to me this season is boring. I don't like the fact that only 3 people have really got attention all season with airtime (Rob, Philip, and Matt). Part of this is because too much airtime is spent on redemption island. So with that, the challenge, and tribal council, we really haven't gotten to know any of the contestants which makes it hard to find someone to root for. I don't buy the fact that everyone is so boring that they don't get any airtime. If that is the case then they did a horrible job with casting this season.Also, I don't think the tribe did what they should do. If they all had an equal chance of winning then it would make sense, but that is not the case. I can't see anyone not giving Rob their vote for the million, everyone in an alliance with him is in a horrible position. I guess it would be smart for them to wait this long and then flip at the last second, but he has an immunity idol, and he wins challenges. Everyone has put so much trust in him that I honestly don't see anyone getting in his way, although it would be entertaining if someone would at least try.From Rob's comment, I think next week someone from Redemption Island might get sent back, which could be the reason for the two people getting voted off twist yesterday.

So I've been trying to figure out jury votes.David - Julie - Andrea - Ashley - Grant - Matt - Mike - Natalie - Phillip - Rob - Ralph - Steve - Pretty sure David is voting for Rob cause of his 'genius' move. Not sure Julie at this point, but pretty sure she would stick with someone from ZapateraGotta figure Ralph and Steve are voting for someone from Zapatera if they make it.All the Ometepa(sp?) votes are going to come down to how this backstabbing starts to occur.It feels like Rob has this game wrapped up, but this end game is so critical on how they start eating their own. I feel like Grant is going to try and make some sort of power move soon to get rid of Rob, but not sure if the girls are smart enough to know when to stop riding coat tails. Good chance they just run to 'Master Rob' to tell him everything like they have always done.

I think it's far from a done deal that Rob has this wrapped up. Taking into consideration previous finals in which the person who played the game the best lost to coattailers, it's going to boil down to latent resentment people will be feeling against Rob because they allowed him to manipulate the game so much. I think Rob will have a real tough time convincing a bunch of sour grape bitches to write his name down.

I think it's far from a done deal that Rob has this wrapped up. Taking into consideration previous finals in which the person who played the game the best lost to coattailers, it's going to boil down to latent resentment people will be feeling against Rob because they allowed him to manipulate the game so much. I think Rob will have a real tough time convincing a bunch of sour grape bitches to write his name down.
I don't think this will be the case this season since Rob hasn't done anything to screw anyone over (besides Matt), and he didn't have any conflict with the people he has voted off. The difference between this season and all stars is that in all stars Rob lied to just about all the jury members faces, and he showed no remorse over it. This season he has seemed to be cordial with everyone, I really can't see any scenario with him losing if he makes it to the end.
I don't think this will be the case this season since Rob hasn't done anything to screw anyone over (besides Matt), and he didn't have any conflict with the people he has voted off. The difference between this season and all stars is that in all stars Rob lied to just about all the jury members faces, and he showed no remorse over it. This season he has seemed to be cordial with everyone, I really can't see any scenario with him losing if he makes it to the end.
Unless Matt makes it back in to the game and to the end, he'd get sympathy votes and would have a chance to beat Rob. Regardless people will soon be flipping on Rob soon anyway. It's inevitable and I think Phillip will look for ways to throw the first dagger.

let's not forget that Rob still has the immunity idol so if crap starts to get crazy and he smells a trap he will most definitely play it. wonder how much longer he has to play it? Wonder how it will change his tribes perception when he does finally use it and they never knew he had it this whole time?

It seems to me that the one person who might have the ability to organize the Rob revolt is Grant. I don't think any of the girls left are savvy enough. I would also think that based on what we have seen this season, that should Grant try and organize a Rob revolt, one of the ding-a-lings will run to Rob, finger twirling in her her and giggle "Grant wants to kick you off, I just thought I should tell you, because you are my friend and I love you and you are my alliance and you are so cute and I love your hat tee hee hee."The person they need to get rid of first from a strategic standpoint (assuming it's not Rob) is Philip. It has to be obvious to all that are left that he is currently occupying a precious spot in the final 2/3 given his insane insanity. But again, nothing in this season suggests anything rational will happen anytime soon.My guess: Andrea goes next (barring immunity) based on last night, and then Rob gets his harem to turn on Grant.

Not sure about the hidden idol thing, but I think there may be only one, maybe 2, tribals left where Rob can play it. Kind of hard to tell with 4 people on Redemption Island.And, yeah, Tanner, I agree about Rob not offending anyone or lying to anyone, but the key word is YET. He was ready to turf the inconsequential Andrea...how long before someone decides it's a good idea to tell her about it and get her on board with whoever comes back from RI and makes a move. I think Rob's played one of the most effective winning strats yet and he would get my vote, but we've already got a minimum of 4 Zapatera on the jury (David, Julie and at least two others from RI) and their votes are far from guaranteed...I'm pretty sure Grant is smart enough to have already begun planning, even if the beauty queens aren't.It's def going to get interesting from here on in

Now this is probably a weird thought but what if they bring more than one person back from Redemption Island, it would certainly change everything.

Now this is probably a weird thought but what if they bring more than one person back from Redemption Island, it would certainly change everything.
It definitely could, but I just don't think there's enough time left for that (hence the double elim last night). They've got to get rid of some of these people for good.I think they're already on day 30 or 31 and we still have 6 left in the main game and 4 of them now on RI.

Anyone think that the last remaining person at Redemption will make it into final 3 or 4? I'm pretty sure there will be a double elimination at Redemption, no way they can just eliminate 1 person.

Anyone think that the last remaining person at Redemption will make it into final 3 or 4? I'm pretty sure there will be a double elimination at Redemption, no way they can just eliminate 1 person.
Just a guess because I don't know what date the finale is:I think we go 2 more weeks of eliminations in the main game leaving us with 4. Then the finale will begin with a duel of however many people on RI fighting for a 5th spot. 2 immunity challenges and tribals during the finale leaves us with a final 3 and 9 jurors.

Is Philip really playing Rob like he claims? It sure is starting to look like it. If it turns out it was all an act, I give a lot of credit to the producers for letting it play out like that in editing, and to Philip for pulling it off. Can you imagine him coming to the final tribal and saying :"Hi, I bet you think I'm the crazy one. Well, guess what. I just pwned Rob ten times over. I got the best player in Survivor history to drag me into a position to come up here and tell you all how foolish I made him look. You want to see me crazy? OK, here's crazy Philip......[crazy speech]..... you want to see the real me? Here I am, explaining my strategy clearly, and showing you how it worked."That would be the best finale ever.

I know Grant and Andrea were in it, but does it seem like they are making challenges where Rob has an advantage? A super physical puzzle challenge this late in the game?I don't think Philip is playing anyone. He is smart for playing the way he is because there would be no way he would be in the game this long if he wasn't acting so psycho. I can't see anyone respecting his game enough to give him a vote though, even if it is an act. So is his speech going to be about how he played everyone by making everyone's life miserable at camp? Or is that really how Rob played everyone by somehow being able to string along a complete nutjob to the end of the game without much resistance from his tribemates. I just can't see Philip having any argument to win him votes at this point.It is like Jean Robert Bellande is his Survivor mentor lol

Is Philip really playing Rob like he claims? It sure is starting to look like it. If it turns out it was all an act, I give a lot of credit to the producers for letting it play out like that in editing, and to Philip for pulling it off. Can you imagine him coming to the final tribal and saying :"Hi, I bet you think I'm the crazy one. Well, guess what. I just pwned Rob ten times over. I got the best player in Survivor history to drag me into a position to come up here and tell you all how foolish I made him look. You want to see me crazy? OK, here's crazy Philip......[crazy speech]..... you want to see the real me? Here I am, explaining my strategy clearly, and showing you how it worked."That would be the best finale ever.
Oh?
A few thoughts:-It doesn't seem that Philip is as dumb/crazy as we think he is.-Zapatera really would've needed Russell right now. Russell's cut throat. He would've definitely have tried to sway someone.-Rob is running this like Russell would have, except without showing his ego/cockiness to the tribe. He only show his ego when it's just him and the camera.-I think it's still just a bit too early to make a move right now. The Zapatera tribe HAS to be whittled down more so that anyone from the Ometepe tribe has a chance against Rob. The people with Ometepe want to assure themselves that they go deep.-I am still rooting for Rob to win.-Someone mentioned in this thread that there is a reason that Rob has never won Survivor. In his first season, he was on a tribe with a bunch of morons from what I remember. The season he came in second to Amber, I don't think Rob should've lost, just like Russell shouldn't have lost in Samoa.
:club::ts:4h

It was still one of the worst moves ever to vote out Russell. And how Andrea doesn't see that coming blows my mind. Rooting for Phillip to win for sure.. been on that train besides Andrea's all game long, amazing

I know Grant and Andrea were in it, but does it seem like they are making challenges where Rob has an advantage? A super physical puzzle challenge this late in the game?
His puzzle skills definitely won it for him, but he didn't have a physical advantage in this one. That was a LOT of stair running, and Rob isn't exactly 25 anymore.I thought Grant had a clear physical advantage, he just made too many mistakes.
I know Grant and Andrea were in it, but does it seem like they are making challenges where Rob has an advantage? A super physical puzzle challenge this late in the game?
no.
great post buddy!
I was just answering your question. I DON'T THINK YOU'RE AN IDIOT.