Survivor Redemption Island - Fantasy Pool

Rob could use a little humility in his solo shots, but aside from that it's not his fault everyone else are sheep. Now, I was making cookies during part of the episode (espresso chocolate chunk), but did I hear Nathalie telling Rob about Ralf's clumsy attempt to win over...who was it...Andrea or the other beauty queen? I may have missed something in the exchange, but it seemed like NAthalie was embellishing a bit (?).Philip seems to be getting smarter and smarter, somehow. I guess the crazy of being in a remote location for so long is cancelling out his own special blend. He's going to bite Rob's ass at some point.Grant...is an enigma. He has to realise that he's going to have to make a play at some point or he's going to either get voted out or have to be content to go to final tribal portrayed as Rob's "right-hand man", which wouldn't be a bad thing, considering most jurists these days are a bunch of crybabies, voting against the strongest, most strategic players and rewarding coattailers.Too bad David's gone. I thought he was quite interesting. Maybe God will favour a Jew on Redemption Island...Haha, Mike...Haha, Ralf..."I know...let's thrown the challenge and get rid of Russell" Stupidest team play ever? Strong contender, that's fer shure.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob is in complete control & total domination this season like no other in survivor history. It's a real good thing he's so likeable otherwise this one would normally be considered one boring season as it's been very predictable. I just can't seem to stop rooting for him though.Looks like Redemption Island is going to be one big challenge with several players. At this stage though that doesn't even matter. Go Rob!
completely agree-- but this why the season has been so boring. Rob to this point has dominated to the point of boredom. If Rob was not on this season it could have been extremely entertaining. IMO, these are the worse startegy players ( as a whole) that has ever been on survivor. It is like these people have never watched the show and have zero idea how to play. Without Rob's leadership, there is no telling what entertaining bonehead moves would have been made! But with that said---go Rob
Rob could use a little humility in his solo shots, but aside from that it's not his fault everyone else are sheep. Now, I was making cookies during part of the episode (espresso chocolate chunk), but did I hear Nathalie telling Rob about Ralf's clumsy attempt to win over...who was it...Andrea or the other beauty queen? I may have missed something in the exchange, but it seemed like NAthalie was embellishing a bit (?).Philip seems to be getting smarter and smarter, somehow. I guess the crazy of being in a remote location for so long is cancelling out his own special blend. He's going to bite Rob's ass at some point.Grant...is an enigma. He has to realise that he's going to have to make a play at some point or he's going to either get voted out or have to be content to go to final tribal portrayed as Rob's "right-hand man", which wouldn't be a bad thing, considering most jurists these days are a bunch of crybabies, voting against the strongest, most strategic players and rewarding coattailers.Too bad David's gone. I thought he was quite interesting. Maybe God will favour a Jew on Redemption Island...Haha, Mike...Haha, Ralf..."I know...let's thrown the challenge and get rid of Russell" Stupidest team play ever? Strong contender, that's fer shure.
Yes I agree, I think she was throwing Andrea under the bus a little bit there. Andrea held her guns well I thought, didn't give him any opportunity to do anything.
Yes I agree, I think she was throwing Andrea under the bus a little bit there. Andrea held her guns well I thought, didn't give him any opportunity to do anything.
Actually, it was Ashley, but I agree she really didn't tell Rooster anything. Natalie seems to really want to solidify her spot next to Rob at the end.Random sidenote I found amusing - When did the Zapatera tribe determine that David was the grand puzzle master? They blamed losing that blindfolded team challenge when Stephanie was the caller/puzzle solver because the great David should've done the puzzle. I just don't remember him doing any puzzles well. He was the solver in the one challenge they threw (that looks real smart now :club: ) and last night wasn't even close to Grant or Mike.I hope the RI challenge is another puzzle so he can really shine.....
Actually, it was Ashley, but I agree she really didn't tell Rooster anything. Natalie seems to really want to solidify her spot next to Rob at the end.Random sidenote I found amusing - When did the Zapatera tribe determine that David was the grand puzzle master? They blamed losing that blindfolded team challenge when Stephanie was the caller/puzzle solver because the great David should've done the puzzle. I just don't remember him doing any puzzles well. He was the solver in the one challenge they threw (that looks real smart now :club: ) and last night wasn't even close to Grant or Mike.I hope the RI challenge is another puzzle so he can really shine.....
If I remember correctly, he himself dubbed himself the master puzzle doer.
I hated this episode for some reason. I guess I'm just really bored with Philip, and frustrated with how nobody is attempting to fight off Rob. I like Rob, I just can't believe how his alliance can't see that he is owning right now. Regardless of how much 2nd and 3rd place get, for me it would be horrible to go into the final 3 knowing that I'm going to lose. I figure at some point someone is going to finally say "hey we can't beat Rob at the end, lets do something!" But how many weeks are we going to have to wait for someone to do that?
A few thoughts:-It doesn't seem that Philip is as dumb/crazy as we think he is.-Zapatera really would've needed Russell right now. Russell's cut throat. He would've definitely have tried to sway someone.-Rob is running this like Russell would have, except without showing his ego/cockiness to the tribe. He only show his ego when it's just him and the camera.-I think it's still just a bit too early to make a move right now. The Zapatera tribe HAS to be whittled down more so that anyone from the Ometepe tribe has a chance against Rob. The people with Ometepe want to assure themselves that they go deep.-I am still rooting for Rob to win.-Someone mentioned in this thread that there is a reason that Rob has never won Survivor. In his first season, he was on a tribe with a bunch of morons from what I remember. The season he came in second to Amber, I don't think Rob should've lost, just like Russell shouldn't have lost in Samoa.

How can people still not be saying that Rob won All-Stars? Amber didn't win shit. Rob won both 1st AND 2nd.

How can people still not be saying that Rob won All-Stars? Amber didn't win shit. Rob won both 1st AND 2nd.
I just said it!!!!

Agreed.. Rob dominated All-Stars like Russell dominated Samoa. The two best Survivor performances ever. If Rob makes it to the end here, its tough to call it the best (mainly because of how utterly bad the Zapatera tribe is) but he has completely run the game so far. I'm still cheering Andrea on (obv), but Rob has been amazing this season.

Just bc Rob is running the show now doesn't mean he's gonna win the whole thing. If I was in his tribe, I'd do whatever he said till we got down to 6 and then backstab him. I'd bet that will probably happen so assuming just bc people are letting him do whatever he wants right now doesnt mean he's the favorite to win.

Just bc Rob is running the show now doesn't mean he's gonna win the whole thing. If I was in his tribe, I'd do whatever he said till we got down to 6 and then backstab him. I'd bet that will probably happen so assuming just bc people are letting him do whatever he wants right now doesnt mean he's the favorite to win.
Come on.. Rob's gonna make a move before that.

I'm honestly done with this season. We know three contestants... Philip, Rob, and Matt. Who the hell is everyone else? Are they extras?oh lord I want to go home so bad but if you want me to stay I will and I will do everything I can to stay in this game because it is meant for me to stay..... OH SHUT THE **** UP

I seriously can't stand watching Matt for another second talking to God. I really don't even care who comes from Redemption and I think even having Redemption for a second time was just silly.Rob > *Keeping Phillip & Steve in the game is a very smart move. I mean all that'll do is add more heat on them and less on Rob. I don't really know what to make of the whole blow up at camp between them. I'm certain Steve didn't mean what he said racially, it was just blown out of context by crazy phil.

Rob needs to do everything he can to keep Phil in the game until the end. If he decides to kick him off, it's a terrible move.How can no one on the other side be actively working to stay in this game? The only thing they showed last night was them making appeals at tribal council. Are you serious? Everyone on Russell's tribe is terrible.

Rob needs to do everything he can to keep Phil in the game until the end. If he decides to kick him off, it's a terrible move.How can no one on the other side be actively working to stay in this game? The only thing they showed last night was them making appeals at tribal council. Are you serious? Everyone on Russell's tribe is terrible.
I know, that was pathetic. How can one possibly think that opening one's mouth and spilling the beans at tribal will help your cause and sway people to vote your way? Pity votes are pretty rare in Survivor.

Did they kick the gal off because she acknowledged she hid Philips pants? Or was she the plan all along? Not sure I wouldn't have kicked Farrmer Ted off just because he might be a bit of a bigger threat in challanges. Keeping Steve around was obviously a sound move for Rob. I'm sure Rob will make every effort to rile Phillip up next week and keep him and Steve yapping away at each other.And is it just me or is it insane that they haven't turned on Rob yet? I know he had immunity last night. But sometime soon don't they have to try? Of course he will figure it out and play his immunity idol. I also expect Rob to turn on Grant here pretty soon. He is by far the biggest remaining physical threat.

Damn you stole my line. All I could think about the whole episode was coming here to post that.
:club: I think even a lot of black people were embarrassed when Philip used the race card there.
I seriously can't stand watching Matt for another second talking to God. I really don't even care who comes from Redemption and I think even having Redemption for a second time was just silly.Rob > *Keeping Phillip & Steve in the game is a very smart move. I mean all that'll do is add more heat on them and less on Rob. I don't really know what to make of the whole blow up at camp between them. I'm certain Steve didn't mean what he said racially, it was just blown out of context by crazy phil.
Yeah, that whole talk with God just tilts the heck out of me.

I finally got to watch it last night. I have to say that part of me thinks that Phil is playing a character and sometime towards the end or at the reunion show we will see who Phil really and truly is. I could be way off and he really is a 12 year old trapped in a man's body with a little dash of lunacy but I will go out on a limb and say he is doing it all on purpose.

I guess CBS is cutting back on the budget slightly? Showing all this Redemption Island crap takes up enough airtime that they don't have to do luxury reward challenges after the merge. No spas, feasts, vacations, cars, etc. Not even the food auction, though I'd be a little surprised if they don't do the family members messages from home and/or visit. Gotta do a product placement ad for Sprint or whoever.

I just wanted to point out that I'll make sure winners are paid for this even though transfers were sent to Bob through pokerstars. I might make payments through paypal instead.

I just wanted to point out that I'll make sure winners are paid for this even though transfers were sent to Bob through pokerstars. I might make payments through paypal instead.
Makes me glad I was the first one out. :club: