Survivor Redemption Island - Fantasy Pool

I noticed for the first time this season last night that when they throw Phillip's name up on the screen and describe him as a former federal agent that there was a tiny little question mark next to the word agent. I don't know if they have been doing that all along...
Since the first Episode.
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't know the merge was coming yet, and I would have thought it would be at 10, but then again, I forgot they do the 9 jurors and 3 left at the end nowadays, so 12 is perfect for them. They were obviously thinking of winning another challenge.
Even if the merge wasn't coming it is close enough where you have to get of untrustworthy people regardless of their physical prowess in order to make sure you don't have any flippers at the merge. There are flippers at every merge, if they think a merge might come... whether it is 1-3 tribals away, you have to identify flippers and boot there asses. Based on comments from idiotic people at redemption island, both tribes have to know that there are going to be flippers. I'd rather have less tribe members who I could trust compared to a large tribe with a bunch of wildcard flip floppers.I guess I could understand if David was a stud in challenges and a leader, but that guy isn't shit. You could say that David is better than Sarita, but neither of them help the tribe at anything. I just think it is so retarded to keep someone like David who is not great at anything and is a flipper, over Sarita who is just a little worse than David at everything, but is super trustworthy.Lastly, the part where I agree with Stephanie and that blonde chick for calling everyone stupid is that nobody on the purple tribe is doing anything that sets themselves apart. I'd want to keep Sarita in my alliance so I knew I had someone who I was better than. What has anyone done on the purple team to set themselves apart. I guess you could say Ralph because he has stepped up in challenges, but nobody in that tribe in my mind has done 1 thing to set themselves apart. It is still early in the game, but you can only sit pretty for so long.

omg poor ray. u run so bad.such a sick though move by rob. he knew the other team wouldn't use the idol on matt, and he did 3 things1) eliminate someone he thought he couldnt trust (although he probably could have)2) flushed out the idol3) have the number, 6 to 5 if i am correct.the other team is pretty SOL right now unless they can find another idol.

Rob still seems to be way ahead of everyone else playing this game, like a couple steps ahead. It's almost scary. He's got all these people who will follow him around.I'm not sure this was the time to get rid of Matt. If you think you have a two person lead, turn it into a three person lead before you blind-side one of your own. Now, only one person needs to flip.Still, I'm not sure anyone is good enough to make the right move.From my selfish point of view, this merge worked out perfectly -- David appears to be safe for a few weeks, and then could be the unlikeable guy everyone wants to take to the finals with them.

At the start of the episode when they showed Matt talking to Andrea I thought to myself... Matt is winning this game. Annnnd then he talked to Rob. What a dummy.It's crazy... usually watching at home it is easy to see what the correct moves are. Rob is ahead of even the viewers at this point. It was so smart to get rid of Matt because everyone is going to be in his ear the whole show trying to get him to flip. People like that need to go and Rob is super smart to get rid of him. I'm not sure that I like Redemption Island still going. I don't like the idea of them letting someone back in when it is later in the show.What is David's strategy at tribal council? Pissing everyone off is not a good strategy.

Well, the upset of the season (and maybe century), Natalie wins immunity! I can only believe she has some waitress experience and is used to holding a tray, or has tremendous balance because she probably wears stripper shoes at home a lot. Nevertheless, that was a huge win, not because she was in danger, but it ended up forcing Ralph to use the idol on Mike since he didn't win.Rob is still pwing everyone. Such a smart play to get rid of Matt again, though I totally want Matt to keep dominating at Redemption Island and come back again. The poor kid is a really nice guy but doesn't seem to be cut out for Survivor. Rob still seemingly has the numbers 6-5, but it's way to early to think they'll run the table. Someone could still make a move. Any idea on when they'll let the Redemption Island winner back in again? Maybe at about 7 left? Can't wait too long, and I'm pretty sure they'll only do it 1 more time.

I really dont understand andrea though. she is so f*cked.
Maybe not. She showed her loyalty to Rob and the rest of her old tribe by voting out Matt. If the 6 of them go far, Phillip likes her, and Rob/Grant would be stupid to not eventually go after each other.Out of Ashley/Andrea/Natalie, I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or even 2 of them in the final 3.

I'm not too upset at Matt getting voted off again (I'm still cheering for Rob cause I'm a fanboy), but I felt horrible for him, he looked like he was about to cry and I wouldn't blame him. He sealed his fate though by telling Rob he thought about switching (LOL wp). I doubt he can win another 5 or 6 challenges though, so gg.

STUPID REDEMPTION ISLAND AGAIN, C'MON REALLY? This is only to ensure Rob stays around as long as possible just for ratings. There is no other reason for it to be in the game, it doesn't change strategy that much at all. ONE team challenge/episode is ridiculous, I want reward and immunity challenges separate by now, the duals are silly. - All that aside, tonight was a good episode- Rob is dominating on all cylinders. Getting Matt out was just a great play as everyone else here stated. - I think it's safe to predict Dave will be the first person to look to flip and make something happen.- Phillip is really just out there, his story telling makes Coach look like a genius. - Rob choosing the team name over Amber's stuffed animal ring leader was hilarious
<rant>STUPID REDEMPTION ISLAND AGAIN, C'MON REALLY? This is only to ensure Rob stays around as long as possible just for ratings. There is no other reason for it to be in the game, it doesn't change strategy that much at all. ONE team challenge/episode is ridiculous, I want reward and immunity challenges separate by now, the duals are silly. </rant>- All that aside, tonight was a good episode- Rob is dominating on all cylinders. Getting Matt out was just a great play as everyone else here stated. - I think it's safe to predict Dave will be the first person to look to flip and make something happen.- Phillip is really just out there, his story telling makes Coach look like a genius. - Rob choosing the team name over Amber's stuffed animal ring leader was hilarious
Didn't Russell or someone else do something like this not too long ago? They picked a name that meant absolutely nothing but they told the tribe it mean "XXXXXXX".
Didn't Russell or someone else do something like this not too long ago? They picked a name that meant absolutely nothing but they told the tribe it mean "XXXXXXX".
I don't remember to be honest, although that probably has happened in the past.
<rant>STUPID REDEMPTION ISLAND AGAIN, C'MON REALLY? This is only to ensure Rob stays around as long as possible just for ratings. There is no other reason for it to be in the game, it doesn't change strategy that much at all. ONE team challenge/episode is ridiculous, I want reward and immunity challenges separate by now, the duals are silly. </rant>- All that aside, tonight was a good episode- Rob is dominating on all cylinders. Getting Matt out was just a great play as everyone else here stated. - I think it's safe to predict Dave will be the first person to look to flip and make something happen.- Phillip is really just out there, his story telling makes Coach look like a genius. - Rob choosing the team name over Amber's stuffed animal ring leader was hilarious
Loved that.And I just now realized they didn't even have a reward challenge yesterday. The merge feast was kind of a reward for all I guess.
- Phillip is really just out there, his story telling makes Coach look like a genius.
I loved the editing while Philip was telling his story, making it look like it was lasting hours and hours while everyone rolled their eyes.
It was quite a while ago, 5 or 6 seasons, I think. Someone just made up a word and told them it meant something because nobody had any good suggestions.
Maybe not. She showed her loyalty to Rob and the rest of her old tribe by voting out Matt. If the 6 of them go far, Phillip likes her, and Rob/Grant would be stupid to not eventually go after each other.Out of Ashley/Andrea/Natalie, I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or even 2 of them in the final 3.
Andrea does seem to have things figured out more than a lot of the contestants, I'd be happy if she made it far and I can see her possible getting a lot of votes if she makes it to the end. She seems to know her place in the alliance which means she should be flipping alliances at some point since her spot in Rob's alliance is not good. She would most likely have a flipping ally in Philip also and I think she knows that.She was put in a shitty spot last week. Stay in a bad spot in a tight alliance, or align with a guy you reallllly like who has no game. She still has time to improve her spot, but aligning with Matt could have ended her game immediately. She made the right decision.I love how Probst is now setting Philip up to say something crazy every chance he can get.

Rob is in complete control & total domination this season like no other in survivor history. It's a real good thing he's so likeable otherwise this one would normally be considered one boring season as it's been very predictable. I just can't seem to stop rooting for him though.Looks like Redemption Island is going to be one big challenge with several players. At this stage though that doesn't even matter. Go Rob!

Rob is in complete control & total domination this season like no other in survivor history. It's a real good thing he's so likeable otherwise this one would normally be considered one boring season as it's been very predictable. I just can't seem to stop rooting for him though.Looks like Redemption Island is going to be one big challenge with several players. At this stage though that doesn't even matter. Go Rob!
Yeah, Rob is playing the game that Russel thought he was playing. Rob has everyone intimidated and shocked, and simultaneously in awe and starstruck. He is playing as ruthlessly as the biggest villains, while still figuring out how to keep jury votes the whole time.The next three weeks could be pretty dull unless they bring two people back from Redemption. If Matt gets back and one of the other two, they may be able to flip someone. If just one comes back, Rob will coast to probably 5 for sure.On another note, when athletes thank god for helping them win, I always think it's a bit pretentious. When Matt says that God is using his (Matt's) stupidity to glorify his (God's) name, it takes it to a whole new level. Yeah, that's what the creator of the universe needs. Not content to invent black holes, gravity waves, time, and life, He thought he'd just go for it once and for all and glorify himself by making a guy look naive on a reality show.

I hated this episode for some reason. I guess I'm just really bored with Philip, and frustrated with how nobody is attempting to fight off Rob. I like Rob, I just can't believe how his alliance can't see that he is owning right now. Regardless of how much 2nd and 3rd place get, for me it would be horrible to go into the final 3 knowing that I'm going to lose. I figure at some point someone is going to finally say "hey we can't beat Rob at the end, lets do something!" But how many weeks are we going to have to wait for someone to do that?

I hated this episode for some reason. I guess I'm just really bored with Philip, and frustrated with how nobody is attempting to fight off Rob. I like Rob, I just can't believe how his alliance can't see that he is owning right now. Regardless of how much 2nd and 3rd place get, for me it would be horrible to go into the final 3 knowing that I'm going to lose. I figure at some point someone is going to finally say "hey we can't beat Rob at the end, lets do something!" But how many weeks are we going to have to wait for someone to do that?
I'm with you, didn't like this episode much at all, especially with David getting voted out. I like him more each week.Also frustrated with watching everyone stay true to their old tribes, nobody flipping. I get loyalty to a point, but how can no one even consider switching it up? Rob is running things so smoothly, none of them believe/suspect they're on the bottom of that 6 person alliance.So Rob, Phillip, Ashley, Natalie, Andrea, and Grant get to the final 6. Then what? Grant could be a real X-factor - I gotta think Rob will try to gun for him at 6, but Grant looks like the type that could go on an immunity run with the right challenges.
I'm with you, didn't like this episode much at all, especially with David getting voted out. I like him more each week.Also frustrated with watching everyone stay true to their old tribes, nobody flipping. I get loyalty to a point, but how can no one even consider switching it up? Rob is running things so smoothly, none of them believe/suspect they're on the bottom of that 6 person alliance.So Rob, Phillip, Ashley, Natalie, Andrea, and Grant get to the final 6. Then what? Grant could be a real X-factor - I gotta think Rob will try to gun for him at 6, but Grant looks like the type that could go on an immunity run with the right challenges.
If it does get to the final 6 as things are going it's hard to say. Rob said Phillip & Natalie would be his choices to take to the end. Phillip knows this as well but I don't think he'd want to be at the end with Rob. Phillip is smarter than the credit he gets I think. Rob with the idol could make things interesting though if he uses it at the right time.
If it does get to the final 6 as things are going it's hard to say. Rob said Phillip & Natalie would be his choices to take to the end. Phillip knows this as well but I don't think he'd want to be at the end with Rob. Phillip is smarter than the credit he gets I think. Rob with the idol could make things interesting though if he uses it at the right time.
Bolded - Because CBS showed him saying that makes me think it won't happen.I also agree about Phillip not being a dummy. A little crazy for camera time maybe, but he's not that naive. He'd probably want Andrea with him at the end.Actually, I think Rob, Phillip, or Grant would want 2 of the girls in the final 3 with them.