Survivor Redemption Island - Fantasy Pool

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Redemption Island part of the show is pretty flat. Someone shows up in the dead of the night after Tribal. They have some "Duel" with observers. No real interaction. It just seems sort of half thought out as a concept. It really isn't adding anything interesting. There is no real change in the strategic element of the game based on RI.

The Redemption Island part of the show is pretty flat. Someone shows up in the dead of the night after Tribal. They have some "Duel" with observers. No real interaction. It just seems sort of half thought out as a concept. It really isn't adding anything interesting. There is no real change in the strategic element of the game based on RI.
Yea I agree, I think it was their attempt to try to keep Russell around longer for ratings. I don't see any appeal to it or any strategic advantage by having it in the game. Bring back exile island.
yawn........
I agree that it is yawn when the purple team goes to tribalBut Philip was golden this week. I hope he makes the merge so he can meet the other tribe.I'm not against people who are religious... but I did get a little nauseous when Krista gave her bible to Matt. What was even worse was Andrea getting all offended about it. Like Matt was cheating on her.
I agree that it is yawn when the purple team goes to tribalBut Philip was golden this week. I hope he makes the merge so he can meet the other tribe.I'm not against people who are religious... but I did get a little nauseous when Krista gave her bible to Matt. What was even worse was Andrea getting all offended about it. Like Matt was cheating on her.
Yea that was hilarious. Pretty boring straight forward episode. I don't like anyone from the purple tribe left. No one seems to have any real tv personality, they are just boring. The show would suck without Phillip right now, he's really the only form of entertainment at the moment. I hope Matt makes his way back in to the game.

The main thing I got out of the episode is that my guy, annoying lawyer David, is in trouble. He has really terrible social skills, and is definitely on the outs. He only has a couple scenarios that can work for him, and mostly it involves them winning challengesPhilip really does need help, he's not really in touch with reality.

Redemption Island is so stupid. Matt should have been back in the game 2 episodes ago. Why should he have to win 50 challenges in a row and then the last person beats him and gets right back in the game. I hate redemption island. But only because of how poorly executed it was by the producers. It could have been really fun.

Redemption Island is so stupid. Matt should have been back in the game 2 episodes ago. Why should he have to win 50 challenges in a row and then the last person beats him and gets right back in the game. I hate redemption island. But only because of how poorly executed it was by the producers. It could have been really fun.
he has to win 50 challenges because they want someone more charismatic back in the game... so they are pretty much keeping it going just in case Rob or Philip get voted off.
I thought about that, the winning a bunch in a row then losing the last one, but figured that's just the penalty for getting voted off early. After all, in past seasons he would've just been gone, without a second chance. The earlier you are voted off, the more challenges in a row you have to win.
Yeah, they just rehash old challenges. I'd much rather see separate reward and immunity challenges.
I love how this whole episode so far has been about our (Serge/Me) girl, Ashley. She's so dreamy.
Agreed, but damn her and Natalie are absolutely useless. It's embarrassing they're sticking around this long.
The main thing I got out of the episode is that my guy, annoying lawyer David, is in trouble. He has really terrible social skills, and is definitely on the outs. He only has a couple scenarios that can work for him, and mostly it involves them winning challenges
Yeah, I didn't like the vote at all. I assumed Steph and Sarita vote for each other and then everyone else goes one way. David really singled himself out among the 6 with that 2nd vote for Sarita .
I thought about that, the winning a bunch in a row then losing the last one, but figured that's just the penalty for getting voted off early. After all, in past seasons he would've just been gone, without a second chance. The earlier you are voted off, the more challenges in a row you have to win.
If Matt eventually gets back into the game, he could be a lock for America's favorite player. He's got to be gaining popularity winning every week.And though I like Stephanie's attitude and confidence, I can't think of many things she'd beat Matt in. I like his chances again next week.
If Matt eventually gets back into the game, he could be a lock for America's favorite player. He's got to be gaining popularity winning every week.
You don't think Rob has that locked up?
You don't think Rob has that locked up?
You and I know he is owning the game, but with all Matt's wins on Redemption Island, he could be gaining a lot of popularity.

Oh yeah, I remember the other thing that bothered me last week.In the challenge, Mike/Grant were matched up, and so were Rob/Steve and I think Julie/Ashley.Didn't it seem like the purple tribe didn't even try to go to Ralph even though he was paired with Andrea? (I may have mixed up Ashley/Andrea but I know Ralph was against one of them) Only thing I can think of is he was at the deep post and Stephanie may not have been able to sling the ball that far.And Natalie continually going short to Grant seemed really, really easy.

I didn't understand why the purple team didn't immediately just throw the ball to the person that was defending Grant. Grant was busy trying to get his ball and his team always threw first. Try to trip Grant, then have your teammate lob you the ball while Grant is going for his. Easy peasy.

Only thing I can think of is he was at the deep post and Stephanie may not have been able to sling the ball that far.And Natalie continually going short to Grant seemed really, really easy.
It seems like Grant is just a sick fast athlete... he is still young and a former NFL player which means he is a beast. I'm guessing Mike tried to trip him, he did rip his shirt off, I don't think there is anything anyone on the show could do to stop Grant in that challenge.So to answer brvhearts question, yeah that would make sense, but I don't think aiming the thing was as easy as it looked. So just throwing it to Mike was easier said then done. Andrea didn't even have to aim her ball, she just had to "go short" which was easy. It was just an unfair challenge, you could have put everyone out on the beach against Grant and Grant would still win.I think Grant is a huge threat in challenges post merge, and I wouldn't want to be in an alliance with him. If Rob makes it far with Grant, Rob is going to have to vote him off before the end, Grant could definitely win. Especially since in recent seasons the jury has not been voting for the "strategizers" to win, but for people who ride coattails of the strategizers like what Grant is doing with Rob right now.

Another sort of boring episode, except crazy Philip losing his mind again. Rob throwing the clue in the volcano was funny.Next week looks like the big week... glad to see my guy David made it, he was clinging by his fingernails. Not that he has the social skills to go much further, but at least he's still alive.

I thought it was a good episode. And lol at Sarita, that's what she gets for not even bringing her stuff to tribal because she thought she was safe.

And lol at Sarita, that's what she gets for not even bringing her stuff to tribal because she thought she was safe.
Exactly what I thought when I saw that. How does she not know that she is on the block?I actually agree with Sarita's comments on her way out though. Why does the team need to be strong physically when a merge is coming? I'd rather keep someone trustworthy like Sarita so close to the merge instead of David who seems to be a bit of a wildcard. It is individual immunity, you need votes not a physically strong tribe.I know that Rob is in the driver seat with more people in the tribe going into the merge, but not being able to get rid of Philip is beginning to be a problem. The smart move would be for Matt, Philip, and blondie to all flip together. I'm just going to assume that Matt gets in because Sarita is so bad.I'm guessing that volcano is like a national landmark. I wouldn't be suprised if the police show up... its gotta be a big fine for littering lol.

They didn't know the merge was coming yet, and I would have thought it would be at 10, but then again, I forgot they do the 9 jurors and 3 left at the end nowadays, so 12 is perfect for them. They were obviously thinking of winning another challenge.Have to assume Matt will win that challenge because Sarita has no sense of anything. She's seriously one of the dumbest people to play this game. She said some really dumb stuff tonight, the most prominent being, "I can do anything that David can do." LOL @ thatIt is hard to tell what will happen when merging, especially with 12 people on one tribe, but I think Rob's alliance stays strong. Matt comes back to Andrea b/c she's his lifeline and I think they'll stick with Rob. Phillip is such a wildcard though, and I think David is too. It'll be interesting.

I noticed for the first time this season last night that when they throw Phillip's name up on the screen and describe him as a former federal agent that there was a tiny little question mark next to the word agent. I don't know if they have been doing that all along, but I pointed it out to my wife, we froze the frame and sure enough it was there. I thought that was pretty funny.I will say that although the guy is a mental case he seems to be doing all of the things necessary to assure himself that he will be invited back to another game later on. Love him or hate him, and obviously most tilt to the hate, he is the most compelling figure this season by a mile (not counting Rob or Russell). He kind of reminds me of Ace, in that he is full of it, but in a funny kind of way. Ace got an invite back to a second game. Is there anybody else that sticks out this season? I like the Iraq vet guy, but he is quiet, and surely he is going to get picked off as he is such a physical threat. Some of the gals in Rob's tribe are cute, but they seem to be devoid of personality. I can't find anything nice to say about anyone on the purple tribe other than the Iraq vet. The one lady left in that tribe looks like an alien. The way her eyes are set on her head tilts me to no end. I still for the life of me don't know who either of the NFL guys were (and I'm a football junky). One of these days I'll go look them up . Just a season full of meh charachters other than Phillip.Edit: I guess at this point I have to call Matt compelling. Tip of the cap to him for hanging in there so long at redemption. I could do without all of the Jesus stuff, but to each his own.