Survivor Redemption Island - Fantasy Pool

I think it's fine to not like Russell, but calling him stupid is just dumb. He understands the game very well, he major hang up is the fact that his ego is even bigger than his logic.
Well he can read and write so yeah, he isn't a complete intellectual idiot, but he plays stupid imo.
huh? Did you not see the episode? It was two people from each tribe.The ex-NFL player lying about who got sent home was incredibly stupid. It gave him nothing and now the person with him knows he's a liar, everyone he told the truth to... knows he's a liar, and Russell & Matt knows he's a liar.
I agree that the lie about who lost was...pointless, but I also don't see what it matters if Ressell or Matt think. One of them won't be around after next episode and there is a chance the other one won't be the one to come back.
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else think the "dual" at the start was a bit of a letdown? By "dual" I had other expectations of what it would take to win those challenges. That was weaksauce although it was a nice comeback by Matt, I was hoping for something more physical.

I am glad they threw it, though I still think they would have lost anyway. I am so sick of Russel. "Blah blah blah, I am the master of the world, yet I have a one track mind and continue to make it so even if I do make it to my 3rd final 3 I will still get zero votes because I have no redeeming social skills to get anyone to like me except a couple of the stupidest girls on my tribe."I have not been that happy to see a vote go down like that in a while. Finally someone smartened up and didn't let him control them into something stupid. His cockyness finally caught up with him. He is just so stupid. If he had half a brain he would think about a way to change things up but nope, find a couple stupid girls and try and bully people around. Seriously, did anyone think he could keep playing this way and not get burned? I enjoy Rob way more because he adjusts to the game he is in and doesn't play the same game each and every single time. Russel is purely one dimensional and imo has jumped the shark. I don't think Russel is a lock to win duel's either, I never saw him as much of a challenge threat.I loved Russel his first season. 2nd season I got tired of him about halfway. This season, whatever, it's like a rerun. The only difference this season is someone beat him to the hidden immunity idol. Again, oops, one misstep and boom, he isn't the king of survivor which imo proves that he is one dimensional and cannot adjust./rant:)
I thought I was the only one who was tired of Ressell Russell
Did anyone else think the "dual" at the start was a bit of a letdown? By "dual" I had other expectations of what it would take to win those challenges. That was weaksauce although it was a nice comeback by Matt, I was hoping for something more physical.
Duel.And yeah, it was incredibly silly. I was hoping for hand to hand combat of some sort. It seems like they are reusing challenges from previous seasons. Even the dunk/spit wheel was used before.

I have some suspicions about the logistics behind the scenes but this is only conjecture. They do make-up and stuff before each player is called to give an interview. The boys pop pimples and get powdered and the girls pop pimples and use girly make up. This has been happening for years. The producers ask several leading questions during those interviews which probably happen more than once per day. It could effect the game in that the handlers may call certain people more than others which is a dynamic that's never shown as being in play because that would pull the curtain back. There are hard limitations to the camp area and players aren't allowed to venture beyond those borders. There are at least a dozen (non-player) people within talking distance of the contestants 24 hours per day.It will be easier to manipulate the outcomes on Redemption Island in HU scenarios. I believe Russel is likely to run the gauntlet and come back as that would make for good TV. He wasn't cast for this boston rob/russel season only to go out in the first few episodes. I'm certain the producers thought about what type of challenges could be skewed for the strengths of both players. The only way Russel goes out before being brought back into a tribe is if he gets unlucky or his opponent is surprisingly good at whatever challenge is presented. Which would also be unlucky. The wildlife shots after commercials are top notch. This show costs a LOT of money to produce. game stuff:Russel can't change up his game. Not only is he incapable of making adjustments but he justifies it by his success at making the final three in two previous seasons. He showed he was aware of peoples perception of his strat but still couldn't do anything other than what got him to the end before. No surprise there. Throwing a challenge isn't bad sportsmanship. It's part of the game and it can be a justifiable strategy. Professional sports teams tank games late in a season to garner better draft picks every year. The idea that you need numbers coming into a merge is flawed. You need numbers in your alliance. If you have 9 players on one tribe and 3 players on another tribe going into merge and the alliances on the stronger tribe break down into a group of 6 and a group of 3, the other tribe with 3 players will naturally ally themselves with the 3 players from the strong tribe making a stalemate of sorts. The only players that matter when going to merge are the players in your alliance. It's important to keep one or two players on the outside of the core alliance so you have players to vote off pre-merge but the players that know they're not in the core alliance are actually a liability going into a merge. I don't remember a tribe ever merging and sticking together to pick off all the members of the other tribe before cannibalizing their own ranks. I think Stephanie's first year where she merged as the sole person from one tribe even made it past that first vote. I could be wrong about that. Boston Rob is really good at this game. I wish that my hard working farm raised girl/horse wasn't such a crying girly girl who unwittingly attached herself to someone that threatened the best player in the game. what else......there was something else. I'll think of it later but until then, I've learned that I'm seriously geographically ignorant of the middle east. http://www.rethinkingschools.org/just_fun/games/mapgame.html

...The idea that you need numbers coming into a merge is flawed. You need numbers in your alliance...
This. The little cutie who was in Russell's alliance ignored the fact that if the merge came and any part of that alliance was still around, they'd flip faster than... ummm... something that flips.Really fast.You know.Like an acrobat.But faster.Any way. They clearly viewed Russell as more of a threat than the threat of numbers vs. the other tribe. Russell is dangerous. That part is known. So they got rid of the known threat in their face every minute of every day that they could do something about rather than worry about the future unknown threat that they can't control today.A flag in a hurricane?...still weak. Dammit.
It was exactly like I was expecting. If it was more physical they would be guaranteeing the man would win.

Did anyone notice Ressell's blond concubine playing with his shorts and leg? I guess it was during tribal. I may have to watch that again on on demand.

I will assume that if the two at RI are of the same sex then they will do some physical challenges but if man/woman they will be non-physical.
I believe the order of the challenges and when any "twists" happen is all set before the game starts, although they don't tell the players when that will be. I don't think they adjust the game based on who wins and loses at any stage -- they've planned for all scenarios.

I didn't like the redemption island challenge. I think it takes too much camera time away from what is going on at camp.Meh... Russell is gone (kinda) and my chick in the draft is a loudmouth.I was sort of glad the "old lady" didn't flip alliances, that would have been retarded and it is way too early to make a game changing decision like that. Yeah she isn't top 3 in her alliance, but I think after the merge is a better time to flip. No point of flipping to Russell's alliance and being in the minority at the next vote.

i finally watched the first 3 eps last night. WOW. You all summed it all up already. Phillip is awesomely crazy. My horse, Russell, had a good game plan and it would have been so epic if the old lady switched up her vote to vote off Ralph.Love Rob in this thing. Love that Kristina girl and think she had a great game plan, but is now screwed because of Phillip.Oh and .... STORM'S A COMIN'!

I believe the order of the challenges and when any "twists" happen is all set before the game starts, although they don't tell the players when that will be. I don't think they adjust the game based on who wins and loses at any stage -- they've planned for all scenarios.
I don't really believe this. I think CBS will sometimes bring out a certain challenge at a certain time. Not always, some require a specific number of people.But how many times over the years has the one person who needs to win immunity to screw up everyone's plans win because the challenge is tailored to their strengths? It's a lot more obvious on a show like BB, but there have been instances where it's happened on Survivor. Either the challenge is made for them, or it's something like they have to dig up puzzle pieces or clues, and one person's are like barely buried in the sand.

SURVIVOR Renewed for 2011-12 season & Jeff Probst signs new deal to return for 23rd & 24th season!CBS has ordered two more editions of SURVIVOR to be broadcast during the 2011-2012 season. These will mark the 23rd and 24th editions of television's longest-running hit reality competition series. Additionally, Emmy Award-winner Jeff Probst has signed a new agreement to continue as host and as an executive producer for the 23rd and 24th editions.full article

At least Russell went out with a bang. Ralph is retarded, I love how he thinks he is super smart because he found the idol. I've said from the beginning by just looking at the tribes that they would be unfair for challenges. The only way Rob's team can win is if the purple team needs to throw more challenges. Even with Matt still on the tribe, Rob's team should get killed every time. That means there could be a "drop your buffs" in the near future. Not next week, but I'm betting the week after. I'm guessing they could use a tribe switch up as a promo to keep people interested after the annual week off during March madness. It is really laughable how much Boston Rob is owning right now.

It will be easier to manipulate the outcomes on Redemption Island in HU scenarios. I believe Russel is likely to run the gauntlet and come back as that would make for good TV. He wasn't cast for this boston rob/russel season only to go out in the first few episodes. I'm certain the producers thought about what type of challenges could be skewed for the strengths of both players. The only way Russel goes out before being brought back into a tribe is if he gets unlucky or his opponent is surprisingly good at whatever challenge is presented. Which would also be unlucky.
NAILED IT!errrr....I'm bad at this game.
At least Russell went out with a bang. Ralph is retarded, I love how he thinks he is super smart because he found the idol. I've said from the beginning by just looking at the tribes that they would be unfair for challenges. The only way Rob's team can win is if the purple team needs to throw more challenges. Even with Matt still on the tribe, Rob's team should get killed every time. That means there could be a "drop your buffs" in the near future. Not next week, but I'm betting the week after. I'm guessing they could use a tribe switch up as a promo to keep people interested after the annual week off during March madness. It is really laughable how much Boston Rob is owning right now.
I hope for Rob's sake they don't actually mix up the tribes. I hate when that happens. It's one thing if it's a merge it's another if it's a change of players. It cost me a solid chance at cashing a couple seasons ago when it happened on Gabon. I had Marcus (Guy who's penis popped out uncensored) and he got screwed after the mix and voted out right after after running his tribe. If they mix them up it probably wouldn't help Rob since he's in full control atm.Also, next week looks very promising with

the 2 girls pulling Russell like moves at camp to stir things up for themselves.

The entire tribe of Zapatera minus Ralph isn't worth watching. They're all a bunch of retards. Stephanie's a pussy, Krista talks and nothing smart comes out of her mouth. Everyone besides them is still boring as hell.Also LOL at Krista's pairs speech. That made NO sense whatsoever.

The entire tribe of Zapatera minus Ralph isn't worth watching. They're all a bunch of retards. Stephanie's a pussy, Krista talks and nothing smart comes out of her mouth. Everyone besides them is still boring as hell.Also LOL at Krista's pairs speech. That made NO sense whatsoever.
At first I was wondering how you got to see the episode before everyone else.Thanks for reminding me to change my board settings for DST. And yeah, pretty boring episode. I pretty much hate everyone except Rob. At least Phillip is sometimes entertaining.

gg me (not).... I do have a hard time believing that the tribe doesn't talk about strategy in mini alliances within the group at times. We probably just haven't seen it, I just can't imagine them sitting there all day picking their noses, doing nothing.Rob is very entertaining, I love how he put in that extra effort to switch the idol clues. That's very smart, something most people would never have thought of doing.I think the only way this season picks up again though is if Matt returns from Redemption Island.

Nothing that girl said last night made any sense. Her whole speech to the camera as they were going to tribal just made me shake my head. She was talking about how the 6 needed them to have numbers in the merge and they would be dumb to vote one of them out. Well for one thing, you lost so someone has to be voted out and two, you and large mouth have already set in place your plan to flip so that would mean that voting you both out is actually the opposite of dumb. Someone made the comment during tribal that they never bothered to interact with anyone but themselves and Russell and that is why they never made it into the large alliance. He was dead on. Both of them decided at the beginning to ride the coattails of Russell the crybaby and that left them with no way back into the game once he was sent home, crying. Nothing annoys me more on this show than people whose strategy is to simply ride someone's coattails to the end. It's a fair strategy I guess but it's annoying and not at all entertaining and they usually are the survivors who whine the most.