I think it's funny/awesome how happy the host is when the globetrotters showed up. And he only gives them a (minor) penalty when the other team complained about the incident.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh old peopleso what do you guys do in their situation.. take the earlier flight with the layover or take the direct flight that arrives later? Is it a luck thing or are flights with layovers usually delayed?
Every flight has a basic chance of being delayed. Thus if you choose a flight with a connection you roughly double your chance of getting delayed. For a 15 minute difference it definitely isn't worth the risk. I would consider it for a half hour difference. For an hour or more difference I will take the flight with connection without much hesitation.
The guy certainly needs to chill but he's right. The globetrotters should have brought it back to where they found it.
Yeah I mean the 30 min penalty was redundant since the Globetrotters had already arrived and who cares if they were 3rd of 4th. It would have made more impact if the penalty applied to the next leg or something. What is clear is that the Globetrotters realised that they had the wrong bag, and deliberately left it in that room rather than returning it to where they found it. I think on some level it was sabotage, perhaps only sub-consciously or only when they realised it wasn't theirs. I'll be interested to see if a conflict arises between the two pairs when they meet up next.
Yeah I mean the 30 min penalty was redundant since the Globetrotters had already arrived and who cares if they were 3rd of 4th. It would have made more impact if the penalty applied to the next leg or something. What is clear is that the Globetrotters realised that they had the wrong bag, and deliberately left it in that room rather than returning it to where they found it. I think on some level it was sabotage, perhaps only sub-consciously or only when they realised it wasn't theirs. I'll be interested to see if a conflict arises between the two pairs when they meet up next.
I'll be shocked if the Grumpy father/daughter combo utter a single word about this incident face-to-face with the Globetrotters.
I'll be shocked if the Grumpy father/daughter combo utter a single word about this incident face-to-face with the Globetrotters.
They might have an interview with the cameramen next week, but probably won't show them talking to them about it. The Amazing Race dvd's are pretty good because they show some of the stuff the teams do while they are waiting in between legs, so something might show up on there. I rented a few seasons I haven't seen before on Netflix and some of the outtake stuff is pretty cool. Especially in season 1 where the production crew kept ****ing up and teams would get to places before the cameras did.
kent and vyxsin suck so bad
How did they manage to survive irl to this point? Can't unlock a car, can't read a map, meltdown 30 seconds after declaring PMA Day and then Vyksin, or however the **** you spell it, completely breaks down every chance she gets. I wanted to cut myself watching them last night.And Ron is such a ****ing clown
How did they manage to survive irl to this point? Can't unlock a car, can't read a map, meltdown 30 seconds after declaring PMA Day and then Vyksin, or however the **** you spell it, completely breaks down every chance she gets. I wanted to cut myself watching them last night.And Ron is such a ****ing clown
Goths were a train wreck. I can't believe the guy held it together as well as he did. It better be an elimination pit stop because they don't deserve to go a step further. And if it's not I'd imagine they should have incurred a penalty for missing the mandatory flight.Lol Ron was hilarious. He must have gotta ahold of a bunch of Sake in Japan. He wasn't as annoying as he usually is and I found it hilarious. It also very well may be that I'm trying to create reasons to root for them. Thank god for the daughter, I don't know how that guy survives without her.

while watching last nights' show I was disgusted. I have zero understanding of the rules for the u-turn. I was literally screaming that the cheerleaders should not be able to unturn anyone. How can you uturn anyone when you are not at that point in the race. If you have been uturned then you should have to immediately go and do the previously challenge. You have not completed all the steps to get to the uturn station--- very weakproducers throw these gimmicks into shows ( don't even get me started on redemption island) and we have no understanding of how they work ---ugh

while watching last nights' show I was disgusted. I have zero understanding of the rules for the u-turn. I was literally screaming that the cheerleaders should not be able to unturn anyone. How can you uturn anyone when you are not at that point in the race. If you have been uturned then you should have to immediately go and do the previously challenge. You have not completed all the steps to get to the uturn station--- very weakproducers throw these gimmicks into shows ( don't even get me started on redemption island) and we have no understanding of how they work ---ugh
really?
while watching last nights' show I was disgusted. I have zero understanding of the rules for the u-turn. I was literally screaming that the cheerleaders should not be able to unturn anyone. How can you uturn anyone when you are not at that point in the race. If you have been uturned then you should have to immediately go and do the previously challenge. You have not completed all the steps to get to the uturn station--- very weak
I didn't think of that until you brought it up, but the way you explain it makes more sense. At least the cheerleaders went home anyways.
I didn't think of that until you brought it up, but the way you explain it makes more sense. At least the cheerleaders went home anyways.
yeah totally agree-- the only consolation was that they went home anyway. Sry the cheerleaders went home , instead of the deserving goths, but it was the appropriate result!

just caught up with the last 2 eps.What a joke. The goths put forth what may be the worst single episode performance in reality television history, and they get the non elimination leg? ugh.their presence actually makes me less excited to watch next week's episode.

Oh my goodness I hate Luke sooooo bad. Thank goodness it wasn't a non-elim.

I just caught up on the last two episodes and we noticed this too while watching and thought it wasn't fair. Glad to see the cowboys doing so well.
wow a lot of crying this week.
you got that right-- geesdid anyone have an opinion on allowing the deaf guy ( not trying to be rude just don't recall his name) to take a tray of at least 15 tea cups up to the judge at one time. I am not a rules monger, I promise but it sure helped him alot. They caught up and could have passed the trotters if they had gotten lost, car trouble, etc The globetrotters are sure getting the short end of the stick lately.extreme class move by Flight time offering up hugs. Hopefully this puts an end to the debate whether they are good guys or not. Stay Classy San Diego and the trotters! I vote good guys all the way--
did anyone have an opinion on allowing the deaf guy ( not trying to be rude just don't recall his name) to take a tray of at least 15 tea cups up to the judge at one time. I am not a rules monger, I promise but it sure helped him alot. They caught up and could have passed the trotters if they had gotten lost, car trouble, etc The globetrotters are sure getting the short end of the stick lately.
I would see a problem if people were waiting behind him but they weren't. He had to drink all of them which had to suck, so I had no problem with it.
Oh my goodness I hate Luke sooooo bad. Thank goodness it wasn't a non-elim.
^^^^ThisI thought your other senses are supposed to be heightened/sharper when you lose one. I guess that's not true of Luke's sense of taste.Just glad to see them go. Luke is too annoying, and they really just aren't a strong team. Margie carries him as far as she can, and even then they usually don't get anywhere without another team helping them.I think the season is wide open - a very weak cast (odd for repeat competitors), but anyone could win. The fact Gary/Mallory keep finishing high shows how bad some of these teams are. Physically the all-male teams would seem to have an advantage, but I could see any of them (especially the Globetrotters or cowboys) getting tripped up on a mental roadblock.My current power rankings (which should mean nothing to anyone):1. Jet/Cord2. Zev/Justin3. Gary/Mallory4. Ron/Christina5. Kisha/Jen6. Flight Time/Big Easy7. Pink Power (can't believe they're still in)
1. Jet/Cord2. Zev/Justin3. Gary/Mallory4. Ron/Christina5. Kisha/Jen6. Flight Time/Big Easy7. Pink Power (can't believe they're still in)
I don't agree with these rankings. Zev and Justin are just as bad as Kent and Vyxsin whenever Zev has to do a challenge. I think Kisha and Jen have been strong. I don't think any of these teams are way better than another team though, aside from Kent and Vyxsin.

I was so close to crying when Luke finally got the tea - not because I was rooting for him, but because I was really touched by the way the Indian guys were cheering him and all went to give him hugs when he finished. Disappointed in Zev's little outburst (smashing the cup) but still hoping for Zev and Justin to win... they need to step it up though.This face (Mallory's) makes me want to shoot myself/someone:2viimtt.png

I don't agree with these rankings. Zev and Justin are just as bad as Kent and Vyxsin whenever Zev has to do a challenge. I think Kisha and Jen have been strong. I don't think any of these teams are way better than another team though, aside from Kent and Vyxsin.
I don't think they're quite that bad, but I see your point. To me they seem better at making up time after struggling in a challenge (finished the tea challenge 6th but finished the leg in 4th I think). Kisha and Jen should be stronger on paper, but they always seem to lose time traveling or occasionally make a dumb mistake that costs them time (like being the only team to not figure out their clue was on the bottle cap - they were real lucky that the cabbie kinda knew where to take them anyway, must only be one place that makes tea).It's tough to find a favorite because there are so many weak links. I won't be surprised at all if Ron or Mallory kills their team by messing up a roadblock either.Man, Mallory annoys the crap out of me.

How nice of Gary and Mallory to lucksack the best reward I can really remember....$20k for winning? Wasn't it just a few legs ago where the winners each got $5k for winning the leg?

Glad Luke is gone.how awesome were the Indian people in general? All the guys cheering and lifitng up luke when he finished the challenge was pretty awesome, and all the people just gathering around to watch the various challenges all just seemed really happy and nice.That tea drinking challenge had to be horrible. Kind of like the fake chinese food competition last season. With that said, all the crying from Luke probably wasn't really necessary. I think that kid needs some independence, he is too reliant on his mom.Globetrotters are awesome, I'll likely stop watching if/when they get eliminated.

How nice of Gary and Mallory to lucksack the best reward I can really remember....$20k for winning? Wasn't it just a few legs ago where the winners each got $5k for winning the leg?
I guess God does like her.
Glad Luke is gone.how awesome were the Indian people in general? All the guys cheering and lifitng up luke when he finished the challenge was pretty awesome, and all the people just gathering around to watch the various challenges all just seemed really happy and nice.That tea drinking challenge had to be horrible. Kind of like the fake chinese food competition last season. With that said, all the crying from Luke probably wasn't really necessary. I think that kid needs some independence, he is too reliant on his mom.Globetrotters are awesome, I'll likely stop watching if/when they get eliminated.
Agreed on pretty much all of it. I still like Zev and ? Justin?