They are apparently doing three songs each this week. One personal Choice, one from the Judges, and one selected by Jimmy I.Judges Choices:

Scotty - “She Believes In Me” by Kenny RogersLauren - “I Hope You Dance” by Lee Ann WomackHaley - “You Ought to Know” by Alanis Morissette

Interesting Haley choice. Whichever judge chose Lauren's song chose possibly the most obvious, safe choice. Blah.I don't think I know Scotty's song. Post youtube edit: I do know Scotty's song. See my comment on Lauren's song.
  • Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen this full list of songs posted a couple of places, but seems very unconfirmed at this point and may be a fabrication. Only the judges picks are confirmed at this point.Edit: There has been enough chatter that the rumored song list is not accurate, so I removed it. The Judges Picks above have been confirmed.

i think his tourettes and autism cause a lot of that plus he was young and really excitedI think he was genuine and I liked himplus it as awesome that he told Jimmy Iovene too suck it when he wanted to play that Hagar song
His problem was that he tended to be a little campy at times on stage and didn't project the cool heavy metal image people associate with the music. He did do things no one else has done, with heavy metal and ripped that Judas Priest song up early. He definately desierved to stay over the Haley and especially Scotty.
Maybe in these last few episodes, Scotty will sing a song that will show off his range and talent.......oh wait.
The producers are wanting him to win it and it shows. I about gagged when he did a song wrapping himself in the American flag and playing to the Red state women and young girl voters. It's simply a popularity contest and if Simon was still around or it was a singing contest he would be long gone. I also think the Haley fiasco was staged for her to have the "comeback" song again since it worked before in keeping her around thus eliminating James. Randy's feigned shock was almost laughable.
The producers are wanting him to win it and it shows......I also think the Haley fiasco was staged for her to have the "comeback" song again since it worked before in keeping her around thus eliminating James...
It never fails that every Season people will come up with Conspiracy Theories of how the Producers are showing favoritism or trying to influence a certain winner. "They put Adam last, they want him to lose""They Put Cook on First two weeks in a Row. They want him to lose""They picked a bad song for Taylor, they want him to lose"What makes you think that the Producers "want" Scotty to win over Lauren?If the Producers could and were willing to manipulate the show to influence a win, would we have had some of the total dud winners in the past?

General thoughts, Haley's first song was absolutely amazing. I don't think I've ever felt bad for somebody falling on stage on Idol before. Typically I wear out my rewind button, but I genuinely felt bad for her because the song was sooooooo awesome. Her second song was pretty good, the Morrisette song was very average.Scotty, gg imo. Hope you enjoyed the ride. Nothing worth mentioning because, well, it's Scotty.Lauren, I think she did enough in all of her songs. Her first two songs were pretty good, but a bit shaky in the first. Her last song was quite good and ended the show as the best in the final round.So Haley>Lauren>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Scotty. Please, one time America.

pretty sure the slip n fall combo'd with her dad being on stage has guaranteed Haley a spot in the finale; yeah she sang pretty good too.

He's still in the contest.
He was the favorite when there were 24 left and he's remained there all season long. There is no conspiracy here.
Scotty McCreery 7.50 Lauren Alaina Suddeth 7.50Casey Abrams 8.00 Julie Zorilla 8.50Paul McDonald 9.00 Jacob Lusk 11.00Pia Toscano 13.00 Kendra Chantelle 17.00Stefano Langone 17.00 Tim Halprin 19.00James Durbin 19.00 Karen Rodriguez 19.00Naima Adedap 19.00 Robbie Rosen 21.00Jovany Barreto 21.00 Lauren Turner 26.00Rachel Zevita 26.00 Ashton Jones 29.00Thia Magia 31.00 Haley Reinhart 34.00Ta-Tynisa Wilson 36.00 Brett Lowenstern 41.00Jordan Dorsey 46.00 Clint Jun Gamboa 51.00
pretty sure the slip n fall combo'd with her dad being on stage has guaranteed Haley a spot in the finale; yeah she sang pretty good too.
I had the same thought. But I wouldn't be surprised if any of the three were cut.Random thoughts on the show:Ryan: We were all sad to see James go.Audience: *crickets*Jimmy's choices >>>>>>> Contestants' choices >>> Judges' choicesBeyonce is kind of useless. This music video makes me feel old...oh wow she looks hot in that yellow dress.My DVR won't let me set up a season pass for Terra Nova yet.

Scotty is going nowhere, imo. He was weakest on the Kenny Rogers song but it wasn't bad. The song Jimmy picked for him was great.Lauren's first song was a disaster, I thought. She raced through it like she couldn't wait to be done. I think she should have worked harder to cut the song down a bit so that it could have been sung a little slower and still finished in the time allotted. I didn't know her Jimmy song but it was good although it was sung too fast too. Her judge's pick song was good too. She has the nicest voice of all three contestants but I think she's also the least interesting to listen to. Her audition was pretty great though.Haley's first song was awesome. I was terrified that she picked it but she rocked it out hard. Her dad was pretty good too. The fall was inconsequential because she made it so. There was a little element of novelty due to her dad playing, and also the song is very guitar heavy and not purely a singer's song, but it worked. Haley's other two performances were not up to this level unfortunately. Rhiannon is a song that is defined by it's rhythm and the bass/drums of the Idol band didn't cut it. Stevie Nicks isn't a bad choice for an artist to crib from for Haley but Fleetwood Mac songs are just not the same without Mick's driving, insistent drums. You Oughta Know was a pretty good choice from the judges I thought, even though I hate that song. I was interested to see if she would edit the lyric (booooo). She nailed the choruses out of the park. But for both this song and Rhiannon, I don't think Haley practiced enough. All three songs have a shit-ton of lyrics, and she didn't have them by rote for the second two songs, and as a result the verses were sung all up in her head instead of with her heart. She needed to know the lyrics so unconsciously that she could let them flow (for Rhiannon) and so that she could really spit them out (Alannis), and while she got them right, she didn't connect with them. Haley had by far the most challenging three songs of the bunch and she could have used a little more time to prepare them (I wonder if she spent extra time on the Zeppelin song so she could hang out with her dad, because it was the most rehearsed imo).Beyonce was useless. I completely believed her when she said she needs a character to play on stage because she's too shy to do it otherwise, because she seemed overwhelmed by the Idols. Judge's picks this year, for once, were not terrible. Jimmy's picks were good and better than the judges. But I think the contestants did the best job of picking their songs.I still really want Haley to win this but I worry this week she may not make it.

I don't disagree with your thoughts on their performances.

I still really want Haley to win this but I worry this week she may not make it.
I think Scotty and Lauren could split the country and teeny-bopper vote allowing Haley to advance to the final, but I don't see her winning it all unless she just crushes it.Edit: DialIdol "spoiler":

DialIdol has Scotty crushing with Lauren and Haley too close to call.

Edit: DialIdol "spoiler":

DialIdol has Scotty crushing with Lauren and Haley too close to call.

From the same site:

Who do you want to win? Haley 49%Scotty 31%Lauren 20% Total Votes : 5358Also, votefortheworst.com has their recommendation going to Haley

While we are listing our idol favorites, this is a song that always stick out for me as one of my favorites ...
I thought Jason Castro was great. I love his voice. My favorite of his was
But he's great at what he does, which is folk type, Nick Drake stuff.FYI:"Castro's version of the song "Hallelujah" briefly appeared in the number-one spot on the iTunes chart before it was removed due to the producers of American Idol not wanting any contestant to be favored.Castro has also bumped the sales of Israel Kamakawiwo’ole’s "Over the Rainbow" to #6 on the iTunes Top 20. Castro is the only Idol finalist ever to bump another artist’s single to the iTunes Top 10 or to the Billboard chart."
Isn't that just for people on AT&T or something?
I do believe that only AT&T customers can text vote. Although I think you can vote through Facebook as well.

I haven't been following this very much, been watching survivor over it and don't go out of my way to bother recording it for later. I'm not much of a TV guy. From what I gather and watched, it should be Haley vs Scotty with Haley winning by a landslide. I liked Lauren very early on when I saw her but she's just tooooooo darn happy all the time and I think she has the worst vocals of them. Scotty is Scotty but his voice is ridiculous. Very crisp and clear, sounds like your listening to a CD whenever he plays. Just not my type of music. Haley is just a cool chick, I hope she wins.

Every week I look at dial idol it is completely wrong.Oh yeah I went to the James Durbin homecoming concert at the beach. He is singlehandedly saving our town's economy lol. There were like 40,000+ people there.(edit) I just watched the show and I hope Haley makes it. I love her voice and stage presence. She has also grown more than anyone I've ever seen on the show. She should have gone home the first few shows and now she is picking the right songs and sounding awesome. I don't think Scotty and Lauren are bad, I just don't like country so I usually fast forward through most of their songs. I know that Lauren is trying to market herself as a country singer, but I wish she would do none country stuff every once in awhile. For example in her audition clip she was singing "I dont want to miss a thing" with Steven Tyler and she sounded amazing.

If there's any gamblers in this thread, I'll book the following if interestedI'll take Lauren to win and you can have any other 2 contestents.Up to $100.
I'll take James and Scott. Booked for 100?
yes sir. gl gl
You too!
Obviously we know how to pick'em.gl next week

I think America just loves country music right now. I mean both are deserving but I hate the stuff they sing. I will watch the vote off show but not the performance show.

I'll definitely watch the finale, but I'll be fast forwarding all of Scotty songs, and probably most of Lauren's songs.