• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Casey is going to sing with Jack Black at the finale.
Well I guess I will be watching another episode this year.

Durbin - I'm kinda done with this guy. Haley - I experienced this performance like that one Nazi at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark when the angel is flying around and he's like "It's so beautiful" and then pow! he's screaming like a little girl. Just a jarring transition from soft and sweet to growly. Fortunately my face didn't melt, so I was able to find my bearings again and I ultimately liked it. Boy does she hate Randy and JLo. I don't think I could be with her because I would just want her to have her total contempt face on. Sexy.Scotty - I think the thing that sets the good performers apart is the ability to really hold the attention of the audience during a slow, softer song. I think Durbin has it, but he always resorts to screaming. I thought this was really good.Lauren - I'm not sure what's going on with that dress, but I thought this was really good too.Lady GaGa - ???Haley2 - Really, really good. Still hates the judges. Why is Ryan making them hug? Awkward. She wants no part of that.Scotty2 - What. The. Fuck.Lauren2 - Her hangup with the word "evil" is...something. Distracting, I think. I'm not buying this performance.Durbin2 - Yeah, definitely done with him.I actually thought LGG was interesting, but wow the way she (?) looks.No idea who is going home. If you put a gun to my head and made me choose, I'd think you have some mental issues. And then I'd say Lauren.

Yeah, pretty much spot on with the last assessment. I can't believe they were so hard on Haley on that first song. I def thought it was better than James' karaoke song by far.Scotty was great in the first song, and super creepy/awkward in the second. He needs to quit having fun until he learns how to be cool and not bizarre.Lauren, I think she was the best overall, with Haley being very close if not tied.I think Haley goes though. Judges influence ftl.

I like James. He has flair. Everything about Scotty makes me nauseous.Scotty should go home, Lauren will go home.

I like Scotty. He has flair. Everything about James makes me nauseous.James should go home, Lauren will go home.
FYP

James 1 - end this monstrosity now. horrible. amazing how much better the glee version of this song is. amazing how similar every single bar singer's version of this song is. at least he has the range to sing it, but he doesn't even push it. his voice is wearing out. judges fellate him as usual. they must have put serious bank on him with the vegas oddsmakers.Haley 1 - i agree with the JLo and Randy, unfortunately. for a second. then they got way out of line. it wasn't the best song choice, but she held her own up there in defending it. i thought she was going to spit on the judges, and i kinda wanted her to. then Steven saved some face for her. i bet she sticks some pins in two of her AI Judge voodoo dolls tonight.Scotty 1 - cheesy as hell, as most country music is, but it probably rang so true to a lot of americans. excellent performance.Lauren 1 - awesome, first round winner. nailed every aspect of it. i don't even like the style of music and i loved it.Haley 2 - boom, roasted. fuck all you haters. go Haley! awesome!Scotty 2 - his rehearsal clips were way better than his performance. i much prefer him sitting with a guitar doing a sentimental ballad. this was weird, lacked focus, and sung weakly.Lauren 2 - i forget, to be honest. i remember thinking it was good but not up to the standard of her first performance. oh yeah, elvis. WTF? horrible choice.James 2 - end this monstrosity now. horrible. amazing how much better the glee version of this song is. amazing how similar every single bar singer's version of this song is. at least he has the range to sing it, but he doesn't even push it. his voice is wearing out. judges fellate him as usual. they must have put serious bank on him with the vegas oddsmakers. oh sorry, did i repeat myself? must have learned it from JLo and Randy. this sucked balls.I assume that the judges will keep James safe, but he's clearly the worst. He's got the best stage presence but his voice is running out of gas, and he's trying to hide it with screaming. I hope that Lauren and Scotty somehow split the "country vote" and Haley stays, but I'm not holding my breath.

Never been so happy to be so wrong. I hope it comes down to Lauren and Haley in the end, and I think it will, but even if Scotty wins it all it won't feel like such a perversion now that Jacob and James are gone.

So my town is already in preparation for the huge event which is the James Durbin final 3 homecoming at the Beach Boardwalk. The only problem is that there is still 4 left, if he doesn't make it to 3 it won't happen. I think it would be funny as hell if my town just jinxed itself.
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhso the concert is still going on..... but still..... LOL!!!(edit) actually it sounds like everything is cancelled holy shit!. I feel bad. People are seriously freaking out lol this is great

wtf was he whining about with bringing something new to Idol?he only sang one metal song (that I remember). the rest of the time he was trying to hard to sound like adam.sorry jimmy, this ain't you

wtf was he whining about with bringing something new to Idol?he only sang one metal song (that I remember). the rest of the time he was trying to hard to sound like adam.sorry jimmy, this ain't you
Totally agree. I was like WTF do you mean you brought something new to Idol? Really? You do remember Adam, right?!? Such a freakin whiner. I'm pulling for Haley and Scotty. I think Lauren is very good, but I think she is still holding back some.

Amazingly I flipped to the channel right when they were announcing, and I'm so glad I did. James made himself look really bad last night. "I did more for this show than anyone ever!" gross.

This is a good reminder of why I haven't listened to any of Lambert's stuff since he left Idol. I really don't like his voice in general, although
might be the best song ever sung on American Idol. I don't know what it is about his voice/that song, but it's the absolute perfect match.
This is a good reminder of why I haven't listened to any of Lambert's stuff since he left Idol. I really don't like his voice in general, although
might be the best song ever sung on American Idol. I don't know what it is about his voice/that song, but it's the absolute perfect match.
Lambert's Mad World was AWESOME! That and I hate to say it, but David Archuleta's Imagine are prob my all-time fave idol songs.
That was definitely great.
I really liked Andrew. He wasn't a disappointment for me. Him getting voted off for me was a lot like losing Casey.
That was definitely great.
I really liked Andrew. He wasn't a disappointment for me. Him getting voted off for me was a lot like losing Casey.
The Abdul cover was basically one of the first things he did though. He had a bunch of other opportunities and was very average at best I thought. I def liked him though. After that song, I picked him to win it. He just never lived up to the hype.
Amazingly I flipped to the channel right when they were announcing, and I'm so glad I did. James made himself look really bad last night. "I did more for this show than anyone ever!" gross.
Did he say that before he got voted off? I just watched the last 5 minutes right after he gets voted off and I never heard him say that. All I heard him say was "I got to do things on this show that nobody has done before." I think this stemmed from his "give metal a chance" quote that he was saying all season and there hasn't been anyone ever who has consistently picked the type of songs that he performs. He didn't say anything along the lines of him thinking he was better than anyone. I wasn't that huge of a fan of him, but I don't think he came off bad for what he said.So the final 3 concert for James is going to happen anyways so I guess I'm going to lock my doors tomorrow because the whole town is going to be a zoo with tourists. Originally American Idol producers wouldn't let any of the voted off contestants do any type of concert until the show was over, but they are making an exception for him for some reason. The city council probably whined about planning this huge event thinking he was a lock for the final 3.
I don't recall James saying "I did more for this show than anyone ever!" either but he definitely came across pompous.
I thought he said something along those lines, even if he didn't I agree that he came across pompous anyway.