And yeah, def agree with your bottom 3, although Casey may slip in there instead of Haley. Not sure why I have that feeling but I just do.I thinks it's Jacob's time to go, although I'd really like it if him and Stefano left together.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotty - He has a good country voice; I don't know what else there is to say about him.Durbin - Outfit notwithstanding, I liked this performance.Steven Tyler - So you're just going to keep that lipstick on the whole show, huh?Haley - Your future...it's...the bottom three.I'm actually kind of enjoying these intros.Stefano - Except his. Ugh. Can we get rid of this guy already?Casey - Total win. Lauren - Destined for 3rd place, I think. Still super cute.Hmm, I seem to have forgotten somebody.Oh, Jacob - I like him more when he's subdued, which is pretty much the opposite of what Randy tells him. Also, huge lol when Ryan tries to play up the emotional aspect of it and he tells him no, it was just a technical glitch. Way to work the crowd, Jacob.Stefano, Haley, Jacob - bottom three and next three out.
I came home late and my wife was watching Jacob and crying her eyes out. She is a big Luther fan and loves that song.I watched each performance from that point forward and then just the recaps of the others. This week just didn't really wow me. Casey was my favorite, but even his performance sort of felt like a "Bar Band". His personality is what carried the performance. That guitarist dude is REALLY starting to get on my nerves. I still like Lauren.In the 15 second recap, Haley looked OK but Scotty and Durbin didn't seem that special. I won't comment too much since I didn't see the whole performances.Looked like the Judges were genuinely having fun. Steven provides good comic relief and they don't have to rely so much on the forced somewhat awkward crap they used to write for the Judges and Ryan. Everyone feels more natural and there is actually a little bit of chemistry.
I wouldn't buy an album of any Idol ever.This is my favorite season. Steven Tyler is crazy, JLo is hot. Music producers > guest mentors. Seemingly more talented contestants. It's worked for me; I don't know how the ratings have been.
You do not have any songs on your iPod (or whatever you have) of Kelly Clarkson, David Cook, or Chris Daughtry? I like a LOT of their songs, but maybe that's just me....
You do not have any songs on your iPod (or whatever you have) of Kelly Clarkson, David Cook, or Chris Daughtry? I like a LOT of their songs, but maybe that's just me....
You forgot the most commercially successful idol, Carrie Underwood.

Haley is one of the best left and just keeps getting better. Lauren could too but she's not doing it. I'm glad stephano is gone but IMO Jacob should have left first. And James is just not fun to listen to - adding some screaming to an otherwise exact copycat cover version is not cool, drums notwithstanding. Where's simon to call people "shouty" when you need him?

Haley is one of the best left and just keeps getting better. Lauren could too but she's not doing it. I'm glad stephano is gone but IMO Jacob should have left first. And James is just not fun to listen to - adding some screaming to an otherwise exact copycat cover version is not cool, drums notwithstanding. Where's simon to call people "shouty" when you need him?
What the hell is wrong with his eyes? I hate that dude.
And James is just not fun to listen to -
James has been the most consistent with giving good performances on a weekly basis imo. I guess you can maybe rank Scotty ahead of him, but I cant see anybody else
Really?
Really. I have no idea. Is it a disease or something? I fast forward almost every part of AI, so I may have missed it if he has cancer of the eye or something.
He's been diagnosed with both Tourette's and Asperger Syndrome.link
I still hate that diseased freak.(dammit SJ, now I feel bad)

Hayley is growing on me each week...loveddd her this week. I could picture her leading some indie/jazz act. Scotty bored me too. James pissed me off this week. Oh man he can sing an octave up! La di ****ing da! I loooove muse but this song bored me and i thought the drums were just weird for a muse song which is all modern rock and not silly drumlines

Jacob Lusk- ‘Oh no, not my baby’Didn't care for it and think he missed a big opportunity to do something different. Probably going home, odd outfit but well, probably okay for his genre which is I am assuming is Gay Christian or something.Lauren Aliana- sang ‘Where you lead’.Loved it. Comfortable on stage and always fun to watch. Which she would have done Up on the Roof, oh wait!Scotty McCreery- sang ‘You’ve got a friend’Huge song which people will like regardless and he did pretty good with it but I didn't care for the high notes or to much of the real low notes he can't get away from. I'm still not sold on the kid though I am sure he'll have a huge country career. Will the youg girl vote make AI a tragedy this year by him winning it though?James Durbin- sang ‘Will you still love me tomorrow’Like Randy says, "In it to win it!" Has to be the leader after that. So much improved, such a great voice. Now do Scorpions damn it!Casey Abrams- sang ‘Hi De Ho’I think he could revive a whole genre of older and jazz type music and make it modern.Haley Reinhart- sang ‘Beautiful’Cute and parts of it I really liked, others not so much. Cute and all on stage but needs a choreographer. I was cracking the wife up doing the "point" and "elephant arm" at the same time she was doing it. I sometimes think she is the only one of these singers that sings for the crowd instead of herself. Doesn't always seem from the heart. But, there is something about her..1st Duet- Haley Reinhart and Casey Abrams- sang ‘I feel the earth move’. Not as great as they made it out to be.2nd Duet- Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery- sang ‘Up on the roof’.Would have prefered to see Lauren do this on her solo but great stuff.3rd Duet-Jacob Lusk and James Durbin- sang ‘I’m into something good’Would have been fantastic if James had punched Jacob in face instead of shoulder.

If James sang that exact same way the majority of the time, I wouldn't hate him.

Jacob - Not a good night for Jacob. I like him, but this and the Duet were just not very good.Lauren - Didn't love this either, but still think she has "it". Scotty - Great instincts on this song. He is more talented than I thought. His stuff still seems like it should be on a 70s Variety show or Lawrence Welk or something.James - Very good, but the rocking part was just OK. He looked dorky with his guitar. Don't put your pick in your mouth during an interview.Casey - Standard blues. Wasn't in love with the song nor performance. Didn't hate it either. I like the Blues.Haley - She has really grown on me in recent weeks. She has her own style and self-comfort that really works.1st Duet - My favorite of this week's duets. They had fun with it.2nd Duet - Lauren was good. Scotty was terrible. His harmonies were all over the place.3rd Duet - Terrible. Just uncomfortable to watch.

James has been the most consistent with giving good performances on a weekly basis imo. I guess you can maybe rank Scotty ahead of him, but I cant see anybody else
I have a hard time rating Scotty over syphilis. It's the same damn song every time. He gets up there and warbles like he is channeling Arianna Huffington singing country and everyone applauds and I die inside.

If James would just SING (first half of last night) instead of scream (2nd half), I'd like him a lot more. He's got a really nice voice when he uses it.

If James sang that exact same way the majority of the time, I wouldn't hate him.
It's the same damn song every time.
They're all sort of doing their own thing every time. I liked James the most last night, but overall I didn't think it was that great of a show.I think Jacob is out.But it was nice of him and James to try to get JLo to recreate the famous Basic Instinct scene.
I have a hard time rating Scotty over syphilis. It's the same damn song every time. He gets up there and warbles like he is channeling Arianna Huffington singing country and everyone applauds and I die inside.
Awesome analogy.
If James would just SING (first half of last night) instead of scream (2nd half), I'd like him a lot more. He's got a really nice voice when he uses it.
Good point.
They're all sort of doing their own thing every time. I liked James the most last night, but overall I didn't think it was that great of a show.I think Jacob is out.But it was nice of him and James to try to get JLo to recreate the famous Basic Instinct scene.
Yep, good move on their part.

What? So America is supposed to like a jazzy voice that yells mmmmmmmmmhhhhhh 8 times per song? I loved Casey but I 100% understand why America voted him off. I just think he sounds good but there is nothing really unique, there is so much people who sing like him at jazz clubs imo.So it is James or Scotty ftw?