• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, def by far the best show. My thoughts - Black gay dude - Def good, but for a guy who didn't want to talk about "doin' the nasty", he sure was air humping the crowd pretty hard on two different occasionsHaley - meh. Good for her, but not a huge fan of hers. She seems like out of all the remaining contestants, she really has to try to be unique.Casey - I really liked it. Very cool and controlled. I think he definitely has to lose the "I'm gonna eat yo kids" look though.Lauren - I kinda liked it, but kinda meh. Nothing special. I wish some of the older chicks would show as much skin as this one does though.James - Love the song, but........ITS ROCK NIGHT AND YOU ARE A ROCKER!!1!!!!!! Dude, really??? Disappointing imo, and I don't care if it was good.Scotty - Def the most surprising of the night. The only bad thing about his performance was that it looked really weird and he seems like he has no idea what to do up there. Vocally, totally surprising for him.Stefano - Meh. Not a fan of his style of singing. He's more boy band and less solo artist. He was good and has a chance to win it, but def unlikely that I steal his music.Paul - By far his best performance. Doubt a guy like him wins, but a great way to close the showedit - forgot about Pia. That pretty much sums up what I thought about her.

Okay, I think this is probably the best talent they've had and deep. Really, every one of them can sing. It's rare to hear comments like, "pitchy" or "It just didn't work for me dawg" this year. I think they are working with the contestants alot more and it shows, and I think it pays off for the viewers. With that said, it is probably going to come down to more of a preference on style and personality and showmanship more than before.•Jacob Lusk – Man in the MirrorAgain, the guy can sing, but really you won't sing a song about sex? He made a rude comment about the viewers as well, and dude, I'm not following your lead. It was a gospel version of an overdone MJ song and his mid range is constantly drowned out by other vocals to carry him. His highs and lows are good, but he is awkward on stage.•Haley Reinhart – Piece of My HeartLoved it and definately where she should go as he voice is perfect for it. The downside is that she was smiling all through a tragic song? C'mon! I'm not sure that is where she wants to go with her singing and it could be a problem.•Casey Abrams – Have You Ever Seen the Rain Wife loved it, I thought it was pretty good. Loved the bass. NOt really a wow factor like some of his other performances but still Casey has that presence others lack.•Lauren Alaina – Natural Woman I really liked it alot. I'm not sure if they are telling to her hold back some with her personality and she is seeming a little more self conscious than early on, but geez, what a very tough song and she is such a natural on stage. Voice and presence.•James Durbin – While My Guitar Gently WeepsContinues to surprise weakly. Obviously a great and unique voice and got away from carzy for a week, but man would I love to see him tear up some Scorpions!!•Scotty McCreery – That’s Alright MamaWhat was up with the planned "girls rush stage bit" Corny and so is he. Meh, he'll probably win it to spite me.•Pia Toscano – River Deep, Mountain High Okay, again-amazing voice and super friggin hot. Diva in the making. But she is simply lacking that personality and entertainment factor. She is not a good "entertainer" at this point. She moves slow and awkward and even makes an up tempo song seem like a ballad. Break loose and do some Heart or something!!*Stefano Langone - When a Man Loves a WomanBroadway•Paul McDonald – Folsom Prison BluesLoved it!! Rockabilly was fun!

Jacob - "If I'm in the bottom three, it's not because I didn't sing it well, it's because they aren't ready to look at the man in the mirror." Hey Jacob, fuck you. I don't like his singing style at all.Haley - Growl growl.Casey - Weird facial expressions. Rather liked the song though.Lauren - I like. I hope she is around for a while.Durbin - I haven't really been a fan of his this season, but I thought this performance was great. Loved it. And he wasn't annoying afterwards too, which was nice.Scotty - Distracting gesticulations. So Scotty has the young girl vote? Which means what? Final three at least?Pia - meh.Stefano - In spite of JLo's best efforts, I think he's going home tonight.Paul - I think he's really likable. I don't think he's the type that would be a big star or anything, but I'd like him to stay in this season longer than most of the others.I agree with Bones that the talent is really deep this year. Does that have anything to do with the judges? With the new format of letting a ton of people go to Hollywood? Or just one of those random things?

Constantine and Iggy Pop, wtf was that?I thought Pia looked hot. I don't care that she went home.
Agree with above comments. Isn't this the #1 rated show? There aren't any musicians trying to promote shit right now? All they can find is Constantine and Iggy Pop? Cmon now.
I agree with Bones that the talent is really deep this year. Does that have anything to do with the judges? With the new format of letting a ton of people go to Hollywood? Or just one of those random things?
Maybe people just weren't trying out previously. I'd be curious to see how many of the top 12 have auditioned before. I know it is Lauren and Thia's first time since they are super young. James Durbin didn't try out previously. I think it is just one of those random things and doesn't have anything to do with the judges, but who knows.
If there's any gamblers in this thread, I'll book the following if interestedI'll take Lauren to win and you can have any other 2 contestents.Up to $100.
I'll take James and Scott. Booked for 100?

I think it needs to be said that the judges are being hypocrites. They tell everyone they are awesome each week (The very odd time Randy will say a little pitchy at the start but you picked it up by the end, blah blah). THEN they are sooooo shocked and in disbelief that someone was sent home who they thought would stay? The judges are just as much to blame for that, they have the power to sway peoples votes. Simon was the king at putting people in their places and essentially ranking people and judging them in comparison to others in the competition. This panel is not doing that, they are just sitting back and watching each person perform as if they are at a concert and say they love everything. The blame is on their shoulders imo, if they want Stefano to go home then start saying stuff that would convince the world he should go home. If you tell everyone they are awesome then you can't say crap that so and so should've gone home instead. Show sucks without Simon.

I think it needs to be said that the judges are being hypocrites. They tell everyone they are awesome each week (The very odd time Randy will say a little pitchy at the start but you picked it up by the end, blah blah). THEN they are sooooo shocked and in disbelief that someone was sent home who they thought would stay? The judges are just as much to blame for that, they have the power to sway peoples votes. Simon was the king at putting people in their places and essentially ranking people and judging them in comparison to others in the competition. This panel is not doing that, they are just sitting back and watching each person perform as if they are at a concert and say they love everything. The blame is on their shoulders imo, if they want Stefano to go home then start saying stuff that would convince the world he should go home. If you tell everyone they are awesome then you can't say crap that so and so should've gone home instead. Show sucks without Simon.
Pretty much agree with that. Seeing as Jimmy Iovine has been involved with the show so much, I don't get why he was not a judge. This guy has seen it all and is not afraid to tell these kids straight up how he feels. He would have been a great addition to the panel.
I don't know, I think people are smart enough to notice that Pia is better than a lot of those singers without even listening to the judges. The problem is that people vote for who they like the most, not the best singer. Outside of the great singing, she was kind of boring... I wasn't excited to see what she was going to sing each week. I do agree that the judges kiss to much ass. Steven Tyler is just comic relief at this point and has 0 input.
The problem is that people vote for who they like the most, not the best singer.
Which I don't even think is a problem. Contrary to what Randy wants you to believe, it's not a singing competition, it's a pop star competition.I really don't need the judges telling me who to vote for (you know, if I actually voted).
I don't know, I think people are smart enough to notice that Pia is better than a lot of those singers without even listening to the judges. The problem is that people vote for who they like the most, not the best singer. Outside of the great singing, she was kind of boring... I wasn't excited to see what she was going to sing each week. I do agree that the judges kiss to much ass. Steven Tyler is just comic relief at this point and has 0 input.
Casey is now comfortably safe because the judges saved him and then put 100% emphasis on him being excellent for the show and shouldn't go home. People then listened. It was the exact same power that Simon was able to put on people week after week. The judges have tons of power.
I'll take James and Scott. Booked for 100?
Finally someone else that likes Scott. I don't know why people are so down on him in this thread. Is it because it's country? IDK, I think he'll really make it far in this show. Also, I guess I'm one of the few that really doesn't like James. My favorites in this are Scotty and Haley.
Casey is now comfortably safe because the judges saved him and then put 100% emphasis on him being excellent for the show and shouldn't go home. People then listened. It was the exact same power that Simon was able to put on people week after week. The judges have tons of power.
I guess they have sway just because of the save power. You can use Haley as another example, she was in the bottom 3 every week. Did she get out of the bottom 3 because of the judges, or because she got better and more entertaining? I think Casey has been better since he got the save, so you can argue that it is the judges or because he has gotten better. I don't think Casey is a better singer than Pia, but I can write an essay about how much more entertaining Casey is than Pia. If I'm buying a cd I 100% buy Pia's over Casey, but with live performances I have to go with Casey every time.So I'm not saying you are wrong, but there is not enough evidence to show me that it is mostly the judges fault. Yeah Simon said people were bad and they got sent home, but did they get sent home because of Simon? Or did they get sent home because they were truly bad?
Finally someone else that likes Scott. I don't know why people are so down on him in this thread. Is it because it's country? IDK, I think he'll really make it far in this show. Also, I guess I'm one of the few that really doesn't like James. My favorites in this are Scotty and Haley.
I like Haley too, but I def think she is next to go home.

Simon did have a lot of power to keep people in the show. I remember specifically that there was a girl in the top 12 one year that was horrific, but Simon kept pumping her tires every show (pretty sure it was Carmen Rasmussen). She was sooooo bad that she sounded like a goat because her vibrato was so fast. I actually thought he was deaf, but every week he kept telling her how good she was.I really think that the judges have a huge influence on the voters. A lot of people are lemmings and will vote for whomever they are told to.

If I'm buying a cd I 100% buy Pia's over Casey
Oh my goodness.Also: If Stephano doesn't go home next, there is no god.

Not too sorry to see Pia go. Yeah, she's hot looking - but just cold cold cold in her presence. She really looked out of place trying to strut thru Tuesday's performance. She really should have studied Tina Turner before trying to do that song. Casey's performance was my favorite this week. Really liked that he gave up on "Angry Edgy Casey" and went back to Alternative Jazzy Casey.I don't miss Simon one bit - I did like him and thought he was usually the only relevant voice - I was prepared to miss him, I just don't. I think this might be my favorite season yet. I like the fact that they show how the producers interact with the contestants. The talent is diverse and deep. None of that awkward not funny banter between Simon and Ryan. Really don't miss Paula. They have to quit giving that lead guitarist center stage. He has one set pose, terrible "guitar face", and just no presence. That is why some guys become session musicians. Had to laugh when Iggy tried to intimidate J.Lo at the end of his performance by getting into her face and she just pushed her face right back at him. I was NOT a J.Lo fan prior to this Season and was very prepared to hat her. My perception of he has changed a ton.

Oh my goodness.Also: If Stephano doesn't go home next, there is no god.
Agreed. Casey CD >>>>>Pia CDAnd Stefano is just painful to watch sometimes. He seems terrified and unnatural.
Had to laugh when Iggy tried to intimidate J.Lo at the end of his performance by getting into her face and she just pushed her face right back at him. I was NOT a J.Lo fan prior to this Season and was very prepared to hat her. My perception of he has changed a ton.
Don't be fooled by the rocks that she's got..........