How come everybody keeps saying Jacob Lusk is headed for Broadway because of his style when the Vegas show producers told him he needs to not over-sing so much?
Because he's a homosexual.
  • Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Casey reminds me of Taylor Hicks too much... which is good for American Idol, but not good for a career after the show. I do think he was the best though, just not miles ahead of Jacob or even James. I've only seen one show so I'm not completely sold on any one contestant yet, but after last night I will agree that Casey is the frontrunner.

Casey reminds me of Taylor Hicks too much... which is good for American Idol, but not good for a career after the show. I do think he was the best though, just not miles ahead of Jacob or even James. I've only seen one show so I'm not completely sold on any one contestant yet, but after last night I will agree that Casey is the frontrunner.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyPHi4DY4fk...feature=relatedI liked him before that, that basically sold me on him.

My current tiers:TOP: I want these people to stayCaseyJamesPaulJacobMIDDLE: I would be interested to see more from these peopleClintJordanTimScottyBOTTOM: I don't want to see more from these peopleStefanoBrettJovanyRobbieNOTE: Individuals within each tier are in no particular orderIndividual comments in show order:Clint Jun Gamboa - Nervous. Overdid it a bit with the vocal frills. Has talent but I don't see him reaching the finals at this stage.Jovany Barreto - Boring song, boring performance, boring guy, I'm bored.Jordan Dorsey - The song was on the "break" between his head voice and his chest voice, and he needs to work on transitioning between them more smoothly (I thought he was a vocal coach?!). If he agrees so strongly that it wasn't the sort of song/artist he wants to do/be why did he choose it? A judge should have called him out on that. I actually didn't hate this or anything though. I enjoyed the performance aspect, I liked that he tried to start the competition with a bang, and I felt it was a memorable act which is a bonus at this stage.Tim Halperin - Awful song choice, he comes across really drippy now instead of cute indie guy. I like his voice and want to see more if he picks better songs.Brett Lowenstern - Not enough of a voice, not appealing for me. I guess he is the token "character" in the guys group. I wish they'd let the adorable fat boy in instead.James Durbin - Impressive rock voice but I don't think he has long term staying power - he can't do crazy high notes every week. Still I enjoyed it and want him to stay for now (even though his shtick might get tiresome after a couple of weeks). Robbie Rosen - Boring guy, not cute whatsoever, and this is from a Jewish girl. The Archuleta of this season I guess. Scott McCreery - I love his voice but I hated the song. I don't like country but his super deep voice kinda turns me on so I want him to stay and hopefully sing fewer cheesy boring country songs. Highest bonability rating in my book.Stefano Langone - Boring guy, cheesy face, irrationally annoying to me. Singing was nothing amazing. How do these bland, generic people get through to the top 24? Paul McDonald - I like his unique voice and I think he will provide some interesting twists during theme weeks if he sticks around a while. Doubt he could win but would be nice if he made it far.Jacob Lusk - Well sung and incredibly controlled but needs an ego check since the judges keep hyping him up so much it could work against him.Casey Abrams - Love him but wish he sung a little bit more - the ratio was a little screamier than I would have liked. Still loved it though, he is my favourite by a long shot.ETA: I am up for a pool if one is arranged.

There are about 5 guys that need to go yesterday, and I hope one of the first ones is the Jewish dude. I really don't like him. Why does he have an 80's haircut? I don't get it.

hahahahaOh and he looks like Geddy Lee only red haired and gay.
I think we were talking about Lusk. From now on you can refer to him as "The Other Homo"®, "Black Fag"®, or "Not The Red-Headed Homo"®.
There are about 5 guys that need to go yesterday, and I hope one of the first ones is the Jewish dude. I really don't like him. Why does he have an 80's haircut? I don't get it.
I actually think that he's pretty good, but really sucked yesterday. All of his other stuff was quite good. Not too sure on the hair though. I've got nothing for that.
brett is not nearly man enough to sing light my fireI thought he'd be good, but that was seriously fail
The worst part for me was how he pronounced "fire"It sounded more like fier.

Scotty McCreery 7.50 Lauren Alaina Suddeth 7.50Casey Abrams 8.00 Julie Zorilla 8.50Paul McDonald 9.00 Jacob Lusk 11.00Pia Toscano 13.00 Kendra Chantelle 17.00Stefano Langone 17.00 Tim Halprin 19.00James Durbin 19.00 Karen Rodriguez 19.00Naima Adedap 19.00 Robbie Rosen 21.00Jovany Barreto 21.00 Lauren Turner 26.00Rachel Zevita 26.00 Ashton Jones 29.00Thia Magia 31.00 Haley Reinhart 34.00Ta-Tynisa Wilson 36.00 Brett Lowenstern 41.00Jordan Dorsey 46.00 Clint Jun Gamboa 51.00hope you got in cheap on my advice

I didn't like the girls near as much. But I don't really like girls... if you know what I mean.Julie Zorilla was terrible.

So I'm confused, are they cutting down to 5 and 5 this week?I liked the Blonds and Pia. Toss in Thia and that is my 5 girls I guess.
yeah but then they are having some sort of second chance round

What do you guys think of the judging? I think Steven Tyler sucks... he was really funny and interesting in the auditions but it seems like he has 0 critique to give and he is just as relevant as Ellen as a judge. JLo is a little better, but there still isn't much critique. I feel like Randy is the only one being honest and upfront and giving contestants advice that they need to hear. He isn't kissing ass when contestants are just ok like Steven and JLo are doing. Tonight was the first time I kept thinking... where's Simon?As for the show tonight I thought I was watching a high school prom. Who the **** is dressing these girls?

I thought the judges were fine. Simon will be missed from here on out.

I thought the judges were fine. Simon will be missed from here on out.
I just think that some contestants that sound like shit are getting praised too much. Moreso for the girls. I did think the last 3 were good, and then there was one in the middle, everything else was stuff I plan on fast forwarding through next time.

Steven: i liked you from the first time i saw youJlo: you sure know how to perform hunny awesome job!Randy: dawg....i just didnt like it. It was pitchy and unorigin.....Jlo: oh randaaaay i just disagree with you.Randy: whys thatJlo: she knows how to PERFORMsteven: *nothing to add so nods head*Thats how it seems everyone gets judged. Real annoying. Im bored with the girls. I am in love with Rachel (not really her singing though). Shes my style of girl. Kinda quirky and cute.Karen singing english and spanish didnt win me over. Wasnt impressed.Ashton looks like a star and has makings of one but i was disappointed.Julie, i love you but dammit that suckeddddd.For some odd reason, Hayley reminds me of Elliot on Scrubs. Her singing style just makes me think of Elliot doing one of her mimic voices. I swear Thia hit a note realll flat in beginning of song that i didnt like. Shes got good tone but meh boring song.Laurens kinda reminds me of a shania mixed with looks and feel of kelly. LOL and then they say carrie mixed with kelly..i guess we are on same boat there.Love the song Pia is singing and she did pretty good... Shes hot too. Boring episode.Those were my typed out thoughts on my phone as i watched lol.I know top 5 guys and girls voted get in...then there are judges picks for the rest. I wonder if is equal number of guys nd girl and i wonder how many. Id guess 6 more people on judges picks but i really am just speculating. Hopefully they can pick more guys than girls.

I thought it was top 5 guys and top 5 girls based on voting and then the judges get one wild card pick for guy and girl. So they're going straight from 24 to 12.I think Naima is going to be the one that I don't like that everyone else does and Haley will be the one that I inexplicably like more than everyone else. The last two girls were good and will be around for a while.

lol at all the hate for the girls. I definitely thought the girls were much better than the guys.And I think Idol needs Simon during this part of the show.

I didn't see the girls, just the guys. I couldn't agree more about the judging. Jlo & Steven don't seem to do much "judging" other than saying if they liked it or not. Randy, is at least embracing the roll as the veteran judge and giving honest remarks about what worked and didn't (Such as beginning started off pitchy, was all over the place, wrong song, was original or not, etc.). He's at least providing input that could help them improve. If Simon was still here I'd be recording Wed nights, but quite frankly I don't care that much.

Lauren Alaina Suddeth - My favorite from early on and amazing for a 16 year old. Super personal and comfortable on stage with a hell of a voice.Julie Zorilla -Hot Columbian babe. Didn't do great last night but expect her to make the top 5.Pia Toscano-One of the all time best woman performances last night. Superstar in the making. Kendra Chantelle - Seems like an average singer, nothing special.Karen Rodriguez -Great voice and in the top 3 of the women. Her and Pia have training and it shows on stage.Naima Adedap-Great voice but weird outfits and strange songs make for an early exit. Lauren Turner-I just don't get it. A Bette Midler style isn't winning AI, Cmon! Rachel Zevita-Not sure what the hell that was but way overconfidant for a weak performance Haley Reinhart -I thought she did well and has a great voice, top 6 easy, but wife didn't think so, we'll see I guess.Ta-Tynisa Wilson -horrible performanceAshton Jones - not much betterThia Magia- Top 4. Amazingly calm and focused for a 15 year old and great vocal control.