Have you heard him sing? He's really good.Also, I am shocked that Scotty is #1. His voice is great, but there is no way he wins, and it ridiculous that he's #1.
i know he's an excellent singer. everyone this far should sing really well. I just don't think he is going to get a lot of the public vote. and i agree about scotty. i googled him and was surprised he was the #1.
  • Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont understand how brett lowensturn (the red head who got in last), can not be the biggest longshot? that guy has like no chance of winning.
Hope he gets a chance to do a Mick Hucknall impression.

Outsider and I are going to do a $10 bet if one of our guys wins.Mine: Julie Zorilla, Paul McDonald, Tim Halperin, Stefano LangoneHis: Casey Abrams, Lauren Alaina, Robbie Rosen, Ashton JonesJust posting this because we forget easily.

I think it would be fun to do a random draft like we do with Survivor for the top 24 or even the top 12
We can do like a random pool or whatever. For top 24, if we get 12 people in each person gets 1 guy and 1 girl.
Since the first show is tonight maybe you guys should do it after this week with top 20 or w/e it is.
Isn't it 2 shows, then they vote someone off on Thursday? If we get 12 people at like $25 or w/e, I think we can have something done before then. It would be random anyway, so it would be faster.

Good 1st episode although there is a lot of shit to weed out. What was up with the Usher guy who knew the song he sang was wrong for him, so WHY DID YOU SING IT? I thought James Durbin, Jacob Lusk, and Casey Abrams were far better than everyone else. Steven Tyler doesn't have much to say other than.. you are good or bad. I don't think he knows how to analyze pitch and stuff like that like Randy and Jennifer (kinda) do. I still find it funny how some contestants go out and sing a song that sounds exactly like the original, except not as good. It's like they have never seen the show and have no idea what the judges are looking for.I had to look away when Sideshow Bob was performing. I'm not a homophobe, but the guy is just too gay for me You can count me in for a pool as long as I don't have to be the one organizing it lol

As previously reported by me, this thing is Casey's to lose. He was miles better than everyone else.I hope the dude that sang "I'll be" is the one going home. (or the Jew)

I forgot the Tuesday shows started this week.
Cliff notes: They saved Casey for last so that they could keep viewers watching. He was great, as expected.
As previously reported by me, this thing is Casey's to lose. He was miles better than everyone else.
I don't think he was miles ahead of Jacob Lusk
Considering style and appeal, yes he was imo. There is no way in hell I would ever buy anything from Jacob and he really doesn't have a style. He just sings. He's a VERY talented singer, but unfortunately he's gonna get eaten alive in this show. Off to broadway he will go.Also, he's really kind of creepy imo. There's something about him that just seems off. People will pick up on that.
I agree with this guy:
Considering style and appeal, yes he was imo. There is no way in hell I would ever buy anything from Jacob and he really doesn't have a style. He just sings. He's a VERY talented singer, but unfortunately he's gonna get eaten alive in this show. Off to broadway he will go.Also, he's really kind of creepy imo. There's something about him that just seems off. People will pick up on that.
He was sharp on a lot of his high notes, and he doesn't have even close to the musical talent of Casey. That's the thing with Casey. Did you see him sing "Georgia on my mind" during Hollywood week? He's the type of guy that understands music so well, that I don't ever foresee him hitting a bad note. He understands scales and chords and is effortless in his ability to mix his songs on the fly. That is something that Jacob doesn't have.
He was sharp on a lot of his high notes, and he doesn't have even close to the musical talent of Casey. That's the thing with Casey. Did you see him sing "Georgia on my mind" during Hollywood week? He's the type of guy that understands music so well, that I don't ever foresee him hitting a bad note. He understands scales and chords and is effortless in his ability to mix his songs on the fly. That is something that Jacob doesn't have.
That's the great thing about Casey. He's a better performer than he is singer, so even when he's not going to be great vocally, he sells his performance 100%. I think if you just listened to his performance last night without watching, it would be kinda meh. It would probably just sound like an angry guy screaming. If you watch how he delivered it though, it was great.
That's the great thing about Casey. He's a better performer than he is singer, so even when he's not going to be great vocally, he sells his performance 100%. I think if you just listened to his performance last night without watching, it would be kinda meh. It would probably just sound like an angry guy screaming. If you watch how he delivered it though, it was great.
I know we're kinda on the same side, but you're wrong about this.

I don't think Jacob has a chance in hell to win this but God DAMN, I enjoy listening to him belt songs out. He has broadway written all over him.Sadly, I love Casey, but I don't think I can picture hearing a song of his on the radio. He is RIDIC talented as well.Paul has an indie career ahead of him but he really isn't popstar radio material either.Scotty has an AWESOME country voice but can a country guy ever win AI?SO much talent in this show this year.

I just listened to it without watching, I was still impressed, so I was a bit wrong. But I do stand by my comment though that he is a better performer. He is soooo great on the stage.
I completely agree with this.
I don't think Jacob has a chance in hell to win this but God DAMN, I enjoy listening to him belt songs out. He has broadway written all over him.Sadly, I love Casey, but I don't think I can picture hearing a song of his on the radio. He is RIDIC talented as well.Paul has an indie career ahead of him but he really isn't popstar radio material either.Scotty has an AWESOME country voice but can a country guy ever win AI?SO much talent in this show this year.
I am really curious to see if the girls are even close to as good as the guys overall. I have a feeling that they aren't.Paul is so different that he could go a long way on the show. I really like him.

Tim Halperin- Super bad song choice and the audio was horrible. I was bummed and thought he would do better.Clint Jun Gamboa-I don't like him for some reason and though he's okay I don't see anything special about him not did I like the song choiceJordan Dorsey-Everyone was glad you screwed up douchebag.Jovany Barreto- Yo, Bro, see ya' round.Brett Loewenstern-Gayed it up a bit too much and needed to belt it out a little more. The hair flipping was annoying and probably cost him.Paul McDonald- Great voice, weird moves. If he makes it he needs to stay behind he piano.Scotty McCreery- Great unique country voice but I have a huge dissconnect between the voice and the kid. I picture Merle Haggard and see Opie which makes it hard to take serious.Robbie Rosen-Great voice, terrible runs, but I think he gets the Jew and chick vote.Stefano Langone-Seems natural on stage, good voice, and will nab alot of the chick vote. Smart choice on the Bruno Mars song.James Durbin-I expected him to be the worse but turned out to be my favorite performance of the night. Judas Priest? Seriously? Only a few elite people could pull that off and he did it. Being an old rocker dude I loved it and he didn't oversing it. Pretty amazing actually. Glad to see him at least guarantee himself a job with a band somewhere.Jacob Lusk-Probably one of the all time great voices ever on AI. Flat out amazing. But yeah, see ya on Broadway most likely.Casey Abrams-Yeah, who doesn't love this guy. Amazing how he gives that jazz vibe a completely different feel and makes it entertaining.