No thread yet?I was prepared to hate J.Lo but she was way more tolerable than Paula ever was. Randy was toned down and subdued. He is playing the role of Veteran Judge. Steven Tyler was good. Only thing is, he keeps doing that Mariah Carey not really a note screech thing as if it is an example of good singing. I have been an Aerosmith and Steven Tyler fan for many years, but he is much more of a lead screamer than a lead singer. Great front man.One or two of the contestants they sent to Hollywood were pretty weak. Some of the kids have amazingly mature voices. Fewer train wreck auditions. Seems like they're backing off on that stuff a little.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven Tyler might be my favorite part of the new show for his unintentional comedy alone. Hitting on the (sometimes underaged) contestants was entertaining. There were some things he said that just...you could tell he's not all there. Overall though I thought he did a really good job. J-Lo is a significant improvement over Paula. I haven't liked AI in years, but this was kinda fun to watch.

I love it so far this year...Steven Tyler is amazing..J LO is really easy to look at, and is pretty hot.I will miss Simon though...Ellen,Paula and that no name chick who cares IMO.

I was one of the ones saying I would watch it regardless of who the judges were.But I didn't watch it last night. DVR though.The auditions are my least favorite part of the season anyway.
That's too bad. I only came here hoping that you watched it.Steven's constant screaming was super annoying. Simon not being there is going to be terrible once Hollywood week starts. J Lo is going to be a good judge, it's a shame she wasn't there from the beginning instead of Paula.It was pretty awesome how Steven was hitting on the 15 year old chicks.

Without Simon, or someone else who is actually in the business of producing musicians (other than themselves) and is willing to tell the contestants what they would if they walked in their office and tried out, this show is atrocious. They put through people last night that sang more notes out of tune than in tune. And then Steven's constant squeals and J Lo's repeated inability to say no to people made this show almost impossible to watch. Once X-Factor comes here, AI will be destroyed in the ratings. This is one ship that deserves to sink.

Only thing is, he keeps doing that Mariah Carey not really a note screech thing as if it is an example of good singing.
I hope he stops doing that.Otherwise it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be.I understood JLo's nervousness about saying no to people. She is used to being nice to her fans and she has to shatter the dreams of people who are possibly huge fans of hers. The difference between her and Paula was that Paula would straight up lie to people and tell them that they are good, JLo is not telling people that they are good, she is just reluctant about hurting their feelings.

I can't believe they let that girl through who just cried and cried until she got her way. The more she cried, the stronger I would've said no. Now everybody's going to do it.

I sort of like it this year but it really just feels like a completely different show to me. I miss seeing Simon's blank face when someone awful auditions. Then telling them it was the worst thing he's ever heard in his life and watching them walk away crying. That just really hasn't happened yet and probably never will with this panel. I also miss Simon telling good singers they need to do something with their look. None of them will ever judge someones appearance let alone voice like Simon did.

Oh man, Steven Tyler is freaking awesome. Did he really check out JLo's ass when she went to hug a contestant and then give Randy a fist bump? Did that happen or was I imagining things? JLo was good too. And even Randy seemed better, maybe because he had some sort of veteran judge confidence thing going on and he wasn't afraid of saying the opposite of Simon.Apparently they're doing several tweaks to the show, but I don't know what they are.

Steven Tyler may singlehandedly save this show. He was even better on Thursday.

Oh man, Steven Tyler is freaking awesome. Did he really check out JLo's ass when she went to hug a contestant and then give Randy a fist bump? Did that happen or was I imagining things? JLo was good too. And even Randy seemed better, maybe because he had some sort of veteran judge confidence thing going on and he wasn't afraid of saying the opposite of Simon.Apparently they're doing several tweaks to the show, but I don't know what they are.
I think he was checking out the contestant's ass, not JLo's...that's what they were fist bumping about anyway.I am the biggest Aerosmith fan I know, and I was worried about Steven Tyler being a judge and it sucking. I think it has been great so far though and a LOT better than I expected judge-wise. Steven is all there, he is just that weird when he makes comments and turns it into a song/poem line almost.I would like to see more bad singers, but i think they are trying to show more good ones than normal.

This season has been really great. I had such low expectations going in that this has been a huge surprise. Both episodes this week were great. I love J Lo and Steven Tyler. I think I'll miss Cowell once Hollywood starts, but so far so good.

Yeah. Always knew Tyler was a charismatic performer, just never realized he could come across this well in this medium. I thought Jlo was going to be an insufferable diva but she is so far the best female AI judge yet. Randy has been OK, not merely resorting to his tired old "Dawg" routine. I really like the fact that they aren't over focusing on the train wreck auditions. I think that after William Hung they started to get a little mean spirited in the way they let people embarrass themselves. Some people DO deserve the embarrassment but in the past several seasons they just went too far at times. I think they realized that by showing the crappy singers too much, they were sort of diluting the perception of the overall AI talent. That is what you wind up remembering more than the talented performers. Sort of like how the cooking competition show "Chopped" has these crappy ******* judges who rip on EVERYTHING the Chefs produce ("I don't like raw onions.") leaving the feeling that the Least Worse Chef wins the competition. In the end, the show feels like they have lousy Chefs because it is more about the Judges criticizing than about the skills of the contestants.Also, I've never been a fan of the Human Interest Stories, but for some reason this year the stories have really touched me. Perhaps I'm just getting soft.

I really enjoyed this week's episodes. There still seems to be a lot of talent out there. I just hope that some of the contestants will have stage presence and not just decent voices. I especially liked the black girl who was raised on the farm by hick white parents. I also liked the white house chickWith the judges being so nice, apparently Randy has felt the need to be more of an ahole than usual. The blond girl who he tore apart last night clearly had some kind of mental disability but apparently he didn't get itThe sob stories have also got to me this season. I straight up started cried when the guy brought out his fiance who was in the wheelchair after the car accident.

Sort of like how the cooking competition show "Chopped" has these crappy ******* judges who rip on EVERYTHING the Chefs produce ("I don't like raw onions.") leaving the feeling that the Least Worse Chef wins the competition. In the end, the show feels like they have lousy Chefs because it is more about the Judges criticizing than about the skills of the contestants.
Ya, those judges are awful. I really hate the chick. They totally harp on these guys for the smallest stuff when they have 1/2 hour to prepare a gourmet meal with bizarre non-matching ingredients. I really don't know why I watch it sometimes.
Ya, those judges are awful. I really hate the chick. They totally harp on these guys for the smallest stuff when they have 1/2 hour to prepare a gourmet meal with bizarre non-matching ingredients. I really don't know why I watch it sometimes.
On the last one I saw, I was pissed they kept mentioning on the guy who was working really messy because he was a culinary teacher. Well, ya know what? If you're cooking at home, or in a class, you probably have more than 20 minutes to cook!! If one thing is going to be sacrificed, it should sure as hell be where you put your dirty dishes!
Yeah she's the worst. She is so full of herself and the fact that shes a JUDGE. The younger arrogant guy is a prick too.Like you, sometimes I don't know why I watch some of these shows!

Nick Fink (the dude from the "power couple") from tonight was my next door neighbor growing up. His older sister was my age and I was over at their house basically every day until they moved away when I was like 14.I thought they were both a little too "happy" for my taste but I will obviously be cheering for them quite hard this season.

Nick Fink (the dude from the "power couple") from tonight was my next door neighbor growing up. His older sister was my age and I was over at their house basically every day until they moved away when I was like 14.I thought they were both a little too "happy" for my taste but I will obviously be cheering for them quite hard this season.
Your boy was pretty embarrassing.

The guy with the Assburgers and tourettes and the Adam Lambert voice is from the same town as me. I know people who know him so I guess I'll root for him. I heard that people thought he was faking the tourettes in high school which is why he got made fun of so much. That is just a rumor though.