Fchl Discussion Thread

What if Adrian had a game? What if it was a playoff game?

:)

Ya I thought about this...We dont have our season schedule yet, but its possible he does have a game..Possibly in somewhere obscure like Peterborough or Belleville..

Since its in September, i will have to miss the game and Adrian will understand..But if it was a playoff, big tourney away..Then ya , I see your point..

I guess thats what happens, as you guys got older you have older kids, most guys are married..More weddings, funerals, parties to attend..I see how its difficult.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideal is to let people 'block off' certain dates so you don't end up missing someone if there is something unmissable (wedding, etc). But like Arp said, people get selfish and just put their preferences in, rather than restricting it to situations that are absolutely unmissable. In one league I was in, the commish gave everyone two weeks to submit 'blocked' dates, but they had to give a reason, and everyone was pretty restricted from how much they could block off.

• 5 weeks later...

I have that spreadsheet, but it doesn't seem to allow for a player search meaning I have to search individual rosters to see if a specific player is available. I can do this, but if there was an easier way it would save some time.

There isn't. We don't have the Yahoo site set up yet, had some issues with the latest updates or something (not really sure, I'm not the main commish on Yahoo).

If anyone wants an up to date copy, I've got an Excel version I can e-mail you.

The new Douchegators:

F Ryan Getzlaf ANA $9.00

F Ryan Kesler VAN $6.50

F Patrick Elias NJ $4.00

F Alex Steen STL $2.00

F Johan Franzen DET $2.00

D Braydon Coburn PHI $1.00

G Minnesota Wild $1.75

G Chicago Blackhawks $1.00

The new Douchegators:

F Ryan Getzlaf ANA $9.00

F Ryan Kesler VAN $6.25

F Patrick Elias NJ $4.00

F Alex Steen STL $2.00

F Johan Franzen DET $2.00

D Braydon Coburn PHI $1.00

G Minnesota Wild $1.75

G Chicago Blackhawks $1.00

Not bad at all.

I have that spreadsheet, but it doesn't seem to allow for a player search meaning I have to search individual rosters to see if a specific player is available. I can do this, but if there was an easier way it would save some time.

In theory Danny would have provided you with an eligible player list... ;)

Dale, you did well for Danny. Now he's got pieces that are possibly tradeable.... except he can only trade 50 cents of cap with his players, so on the other hand, now Danny will just be like 13th or 14th overall instead of last, but probably still last, and with no rental return.

In theory Danny would have provided you with an eligible player list... ;)

He did:

Ryan Clowe

Ryane Clow

Sondre Olden

Ryan Clow

Hugh Jessiman

• Like 1

lol.

Steen and Franzen were good buys. Not a big fan of Kesler or Getzlaf at those prices just because Anaheim and Vancouver both have terrible schedule coverage this year, but they certainly weren't overpayments or anything.

Random Observation: I just went through the spreadsheet tagging the 2008 draftees in Italics and man there's a lot of crap on our farm teams. But, just like the NHL, if you can get couple starters every year you are golden.

I hope you all lose to Ottawa Biatch..

By the way, do you guys think the Biatch looks like Jose Reyes?

Everytime I see Reyes I think of him.

I realize the Reyes is black, and Biatch is a bit lighter..But their features, characteristics are very similar..

You all suck..

GO BIATCH GO

I could not commit to the draft strategy I had going in. I just don't have it in me.

My plan was scrapped as soon as Malkin was available to me for less than twenty bucks. I simply wasn't capable of passing him up at $19.75 (but I would have been right back on plan if I was asked to pay $20.25).

The team might have been better off if I had let Malkin slide and grabbed two Datsyuk-level players for around $10 instead, but if Malkin has another all-universe season and gets me 100+ points then it's a solid win, especially since I still ended up with my first choice going into the auction (which Serge will be very pleased to hear was Phil Kessel).

My plan was scrapped as soon as Malkin was available to me for less than twenty bucks. I simply wasn't capable of passing him up at $19.75 (but I would have been right back on plan if I was asked to pay $20.25).

The team might have been better off if I had let Malkin slide and grabbed two Datsyuk-level players for around $10 instead, but if Malkin has another all-universe season and gets me 100+ points then it's a solid win, especially since I still ended up with my first choice going into the auction (which Serge will be very pleased to hear was Phil Kessel).

Surprising coming from me but take it fwiw:

Kessel is the better option..Especially in a goal first league...Kessel hasnt missed a game the last 3 years straight..Malkin hasnt had a full season the last 4 years, with various injuries.

Kessel is going into a huge contract year, one of the most consistent players in the NHL...

Sure Malkin is the better player, when on his game..But lately there has been a lot of issues with Malkin with consistent health...

Only Stamkos, Perry and Ovy have more goals than Kessel the last 3 years.

So there you go...

How much was Kessel?

I paid $13.75 for his services.

Thats a bargoon my friend...

All the best and here is to a 50 goal season for Phil the Thrill, from Thornhill...

(he doesnt live in Thornhill suburb of Toronto, but sounds so cool)

Thats a bargoon my friend...

All the best and here is to a 50 goal season for Phil the Thrill, from Thornhill...

(he doesnt live in Thornhill suburb of Toronto, but sounds so cool)

That would make me very happy indeed. I mostly wanted him because he should be good for a minimum of 75 points and Toronto plays a ton of games in our schedule, especially in the playoffs (15 of 21 possible games). If he goes up around 90 points I'll be over the moon.

Kessel was one of my targets yesterday too, but now that Serge has him scoring 58goals and 99 assists, I'm feeling better about missing out on him.

#Sergejinx

LOL..

its 58 goals and 52 ish assists..Get it right my friend.

Its a lock to be a career year if healthy 82 games are played..just a matter of how much..

I would agree with most of what you say, except I fear he will sign the big contract this fall, and not do as well as we think he will. You cant argue against his stats of the last 3 yrs. though.

Big hopes for no contract extension before summer! I want him playing for a max contract every night out.