Fchl Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew, no Moneyshots on that list lolol.Can't believe Leddy is already a tiered defenceman. Well, I traded him, so I certainly can believe it. Just didn't seem like he was destined for offensive production so quickly.

I guessed wrong, I was on the fence about Pietrangelo and Ekman-Larsson, called up Duchene instead.
congrats on just having all 3. Let me know if Duchene has frustrated you enough to move him. He looks terrible out there!

With less than a week left in the season, it's interesting to note that 4 out of the top 10 forwards (Tier 1) are all still on farm teams.3. James Neal4. Claude Giroux9. John Tavares10. Jordan EberleThat won't happen next year.

James Neal is so hilarious - he was taken in supplementary draft, right? I'm sure we'd all love to go through the multiple (now useless) guys we all picked ahead of him that year.

James Neal is so hilarious - he was taken in supplementary draft, right? I'm sure we'd all love to go through the multiple (now useless) guys we all picked ahead of him that year.
Meh, you can't go back...Neal had never shown a single sign of being capable of being a 40-40 player in the NHL when he was drafted. Wasn't even on my radar, and when he was picked there was no discussion about it at all in the league. Even as recently as last year there was a question of whether he was going to be able to bounce back after getting traded away from Richards and Eriksson, he scored 1 goal and 5 assists in his first 20 games as a Penguin. I remember being more annoyed that Jeff took TJ Galiardi in the supplementary draft.
Meh, you can't go back...Neal had never shown a single sign of being capable of being a 40-40 player in the NHL when he was drafted. Wasn't even on my radar, and when he was picked there was no discussion about it at all in the league. Even as recently as last year there was a question of whether he was going to be able to bounce back after getting traded away from Richards and Eriksson, he scored 1 goal and 5 assists in his first 20 games as a Penguin. I remember being more annoyed that Jeff took TJ Galiardi in the supplementary draft.
Fwiw, you'll recall that both Malkin and Crosby were injured. He was clearly set up to be a winger for one of those two.If you watched Neal at all in Dallas, you would know what his skill set was. I was even a fan of his before he got traded to the Pens. I thought I was dreaming when the trade went down. I was actually giddy.Not sure he showed anything before the supplemental draft, though, but I certainly saw 40-40 in him before this season, even before the trade to Pittsburgh.

He wasnt on my radar much at all as a prospect. Even in my other pools, there really wasnt much said about him, or an eagerness to go out and get him as a draft pick. So while Im kind of suprised, I guess not shocked he was a supp pick. Gotta agree with Zach, sort of, in that I figured he was a possible 30-30 on Dallas, and when he got dealt to Pitts, I suddenly envisioned a possible 40-30, even maybe 40-40. But I always think scorers will prosper playing with C like Crosby+Malkin, and many times they dont, so it was no lock in my mind. Its a funny thing, because I want to say that 40-40 is huge, and I barely expect anyone to pull it off, let alone a guy who has never done it before, but 30-30 now doesnt feel as big a deal when guys like Ryder are pulling it off, and guys like Clarkson have 30goals....

If the NHL season ended today, the following Farm Players would automatically be promoted to the main roster for next season by virtue of being in the Top 80 Forwards or the Top 40 Defensemen:ForwardsClaude Giroux (#3 Forward)Evander Kane (#51 Forward)Blake Wheeler (#59 Forward)(Current Bubble: Adam Henrique #100 Forward - 3.5 points back)DefensemenJamie McBain (#40 Defenseman)(Current Bubble: Cam Fowler #42 Defenseman - 0.5 points back)
dang

I'll have full rankings next week when the season is done, but this looks to be the likely forced call-ups:Forwards:3. James Neal4. Claude Giroux9. John Tavares10. Jordan Eberle34. Max Pacioretty44. Jamie Benn49. Evander Kane63. Taylor Hall66. Blake Wheeler80. Garbiel Landeskog -------------- (36.5)94. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (34.5)Defense:4. Alex Pietrangelo16. Kevin Shattenkirk25. Oliver Ekman-Larsson28. P.K. Subban31. Nick Leddy33. John Carlson38. Ryan McDonagh---------------- (17.5)43. Jamie McBain (17.0)44. Cam Fowler (17.0)52. Jake Gardiner (16.0)55. Tyler Myers (15.5)57. Dmitry Kulikov (15.0)58. Justin Faulk (15.0)

I'll have full rankings next week when the season is done, but this looks to be the likely forced call-ups:Forwards:63. Taylor Hall-------------- (36.5)94. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (34.5)
Worst fcking rule ever.
Didn't want to burn contract years over a longshot.
I can see not calling them up in the 1st round, but after that, being so close, these guys would make you at least a flip vs anyone left.I didn't look at scheduling at all, of course.

I didn't want to say anything while it was happening but Duane should have definitely called up Giroux, E Kane, Gagner, and possibly Wheeler.These farm guys are to help you win championships. Whether that's in 2012 or 2017 it doesn't matter. By 2017 you'll have a whole new batch of farmies to call up.

Turns out Winnipeg only played 2 games in the 2nd round (5, 7) and only 4 in the finals (4, 5, 6, 7), so Kane/Wheeler couldn't have been a huge help.Not sure about Philly, didn't have them charted since I didn't have anyone. However, they're the type of team that tends to play a lot of games, so Giroux was probably useful.Edmonton only had 8 playoff games all year, 3 of which were 1st round (5, 6, 7). I know that, because Eberle wouldn't have helped me at all in terms of not getting swept, so Gagner wouldn't have been a big help either.

Turns out Winnipeg only played 2 games in the 2nd round (5, 7) and only 4 in the finals (4, 5, 6, 7), so Kane/Wheeler couldn't have been a huge help.Not sure about Philly, didn't have them charted since I didn't have anyone. However, they're the type of team that tends to play a lot of games, so Giroux was probably useful.
I know that having him up (Giroux) would have actually cost me a couple of games where my 6th forward (Dupuis/Christensen/etc) went all nutty and he had minimal / zero points... (!)