Fchl Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My initial thought for most valuable asset in the pool would be John Tavares.That said, The list of single Assets that I would trade Stamkos for would be very, very, very short also. He's pretty much the perfect FCHL player, at 3.5 years of a manageable contract.

That's the beauty of drafting well.You get Stamkos' first 6 years for $2.00 / $4.00 / $4.50 / $5.00 / $5.50 / $6.00.And that's just if you're unlucky (lucky?) enough for him to be a top 10 forward in his contract year.

To Broadway:Alex Edler (0.25 Van), Backlund, Mikael (Farm Calg), Smith, Craig (Farm Nash), BlackDevilHawks 2012 3rdTo Ales:Cody Hodgson (Farm Van), Halischuk, Matt (Farm Nash).&To Ollie:Eric Cole (RFA, 3.00) + $2.00 2011-2012 salaryTo Ales:Eric Fehr (UFA, 1.00), Dubey's 2013 3rd, 0.25 in 2012/2013 and 0.25 in 2013/2014.

To Broadway:Alex Edler (0.25 Van), Backlund, Mikael (Farm Calg), Smith, Craig (Farm Nash), BlackDevilHawks 2012 3rdTo Ales:Cody Hodgson (Farm Van), Halischuk, Matt (Farm Nash).
I like Hodgson, but seems like a steep price to pay.
I like Hodgson, but seems like a steep price to pay.
Man, I like Rich's side, a little. I liked it more before John told me Edler was there, but I dunno. Smith is ok, but I think his upside is less than Hodgson. Backlund probably sucks, as with anything not named Iginla associated with the Flames.
Man, I like Rich's side, a little. I liked it more before John told me Edler was there, but I dunno. Smith is ok, but I think his upside is less than Hodgson. Backlund probably sucks, as with anything not named Iginla associated with the Flames.
what do you think Hodgson's upside is?Im not sure its more than 70pts, though again, I do like his chances of getting there.I think Smith could be a solid 50-60pt guy next few years. Edler is a top D, and while John only gets him for a year, even if he's out of it next year, John should get a lot for Edler in a trade.Also, I havent written off Backlund.

Yeah, I think Edler's trade value might swing it. Good and bad - there'll be lots of interest next year with several teams competing, though there'll also be lots of players available as teams like me that won't be as good will still have $50 in the auction to get tradeable guys. Lots of supply and lots of demand, and Edler's cap hit won't really matter, since the best teams will be way below the ceiling. If Vancouver has a non-awful schedule next year, Edler's value is huge.Just want to point out that I had trade talks with a few people, including getting final stages on one with John, and that despite nothing happening, no one hates me right now :club: Good deadline for the Moneyshots.

I think I did overpay but I see Hodgson play every night and he is so solid. I would be shocked if he didn't get to 70 points pretty consistently.
I wouldn't be shocked if he continues to have injury problems that prevent the 70 points/year.
I wouldn't be shocked if he continues to have injury problems that prevent the 70 points/year.
I would be. I've watched every game he has played this season, he hasn't looked hobbled at all. The Canucks were extremely patient (almost to fault) with him, bringing him back slowly and keeping him in the AHL longer than anyone could have expected.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If the NHL season ended today, the following Farm Players would automatically be promoted to the main roster for next season by virtue of being in the Top 80 Forwards or the Top 40 Defensemen:ForwardsClaude Giroux (#3 Forward)James Neal (#5 Forward)John Tavares (#9 Forward)Jordan Eberle (#11 Forward)Max Pacioretty (#30 Forward)Jamie Benn (#42 Forward)Taylor Hall (#47 Forward)Evander Kane (#51 Forward)Blake Wheeler (#59 Forward)Gabriel Landeskog (#78 Forward)(Current Bubble: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins #92 Forward - 2.5 points back, Derek Stepan #98 Forward - 3.5 points back, Jeff Skinner #99 Forward - 3.5 points back, Adam Henrique #100 Forward - 3.5 points back)DefensemenAlex Pietrangelo (#4 Defenseman)Kevin Shattenkirk (#15 Defenseman)Oliver Ekman-Larsson (#25 Defenseman)PK Subban (#27 Defenseman)John Carlson (#31 Defenseman)Nick Leddy (#37 Defenseman)Jamie McBain (#40 Defenseman)(Current Bubble: Cam Fowler #42 Defenseman - 0.5 points back, Ryan McDonough #43 Defenseman - 0.5 points back, Jake Gardiner #49 Defenseman - 1.5 points back, Tyler Myers #56 Defenseman - 2 points back)

It should be noted that this will be the first offseason that FCHL Forced Promotion will be in effect. Future summers won't be as heavy with prospects that have been left on the farm past their due, as forced promotion will be a rule from here on, and also because most FCHL teams are already at the max farm size meaning there is less available room for stashing NHL-ready talent on the farm.