Fchl Discussion Thread

No offence Dale, but DUH!:)I looked into keeping them up all year. I think I even mentioned it to Bob, who I think was suprised I would keep them up after October. But I was thinking of not only the points you mentioned, but also the fact that calling them up now would give me more room on my farm. I like to play at the max on my farm.When I had Eberle+Skinner on their October trial run, they did so well that I had to send them down, and then wait for a possible slump to even consider calling them up permanently. Frankly, neither have really gone into one. Its something I always think about, cause ideally, Id like to use Skinner as my franchise player....but of course, only if he fits in at a decent salary. At this point, neither is in what I would call a "advantageous" tier. Both in top 15!!! Only in the AHL is your player getting pts on the night he plays a BAD thing.Now, I could, I suppose, make your argument for Ekman-Larsson, but Im not so sure he will be that much better next year then he is this year and Id rather wait on him for when my team needs him more. D develops later, as you well know.Thanks though.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence Dale, but DUH!:)I looked into keeping them up all year. I think I even mentioned it to Bob, who I think was suprised I would keep them up after October. But I was thinking of not only the points you mentioned, but also the fact that calling them up now would give me more room on my farm. I like to play at the max on my farm.When I had Eberle+Skinner on their October trial run, they did so well that I had to send them down, and then wait for a possible slump to even consider calling them up permanently. Frankly, neither have really gone into one. Its something I always think about, cause ideally, Id like to use Skinner as my franchise player....but of course, only if he fits in at a decent salary. At this point, neither is in what I would call a "advantageous" tier. Both in top 15!!! Only in the AHL is your player getting pts on the night he plays a BAD thing.Now, I could, I suppose, make your argument for Ekman-Larsson, but Im not so sure he will be that much better next year then he is this year and Id rather wait on him for when my team needs him more. D develops later, as you well know.Thanks though.
In Skinner's last 10 games played on AHL gamenights he has 5.5 points. That would put him 58th based on last year's rankings in the AHL. With a little research and luck you don't think you could get that PPG average down to the third tier by spot-starting here and there?
In Skinner's last 10 games played on AHL gamenights he has 5.5 points. That would put him 58th based on last year's rankings in the AHL. With a little research and luck you don't think you could get that PPG average down to the third tier by spot-starting here and there?
I guess I dont do as much research as you do. Especially on other teams' players. I don't get what that 10game stretch has to do with his entire output, unless you had some magic 8 ball that told you that's what he was gonna do. Did you just research that? How did you know his output over the last 10 games on AHL nights? Do you know what his output was the first 10 games? How about games 21-27? Do you have projections for the rest of the year already calculated on a spreadsheet?I suppose if I was fortunate enough to only play him in the stretches where he hasn't done well, I suppose I could get lucky enough. Do you really think it's worth it to call him up now, in the hopes of getting that lucky, and burning what may be an earlier year of Skinner before he hits his prime in years 4,5,6 in the NHL? And why can't I spot start him next year? Is there some rule I am unfamiliar with?
I guess I dont do as much research as you do. Especially on other teams' players. I don't get what that 10game stretch has to do with his entire output, unless you had some magic 8 ball that told you that's what he was gonna do. Did you just research that? How did you know his output over the last 10 games on AHL nights? Do you know what his output was the first 10 games? How about games 21-27? Do you have projections for the rest of the year already calculated on a spreadsheet?I suppose if I was fortunate enough to only play him in the stretches where he hasn't done well, I suppose I could get lucky enough. Do you really think it's worth it to call him up now, in the hopes of getting that lucky, and burning what may be an earlier year of Skinner before he hits his prime in years 4,5,6 in the NHL? And why can't I spot start him next year? Is there some rule I am unfamiliar with?
I don't know what you mean by burning a year. You're not burning a year.Sure you can spot start him next year if you want, but do you think he's gonna be more productive or less productive next year? If you spotstart him this year then you have a better chance of getting him into a better tier AND you get to use him all next season without having to limit his appearances.Yes, I looked up the last 10 AHL gamenights that Carolina played. It was easy because I have have a spreadsheet and I have Jussi Jokinen.I'm sure there are teams that Skinner has less success against.
Eklund is this guy...Dwayne Klessel. He looks just like the villain from Ghostbusters 2. DWAYNE.jpg
really thats his name..?Its almost like Wayne Kessel...Sick..

there's some incredible parity in the race to 1st overall this seasonT-15th: lost cause, KCR (22 pts)13th: wheat ales (23)12th: tulane (24)11th: beavers (25)T-10th: whalers, broadway (26)8th: IR (28)that's right folks, the difference between last place and playoffs is 3 wins, and we've had multiple teams throw in the towel over the last few days.

there's some incredible parity in the race to 1st overall this seasonT-15th: lost cause, KCR (22 pts)13th: wheat ales (23)12th: tulane (24)11th: beavers (25)T-10th: whalers, broadway (26)8th: IR (28)that's right folks, the difference between last place and playoffs is 3 wins, and we've had multiple teams throw in the towel over the last few days.
Sometimes it is just painfully obvious that you don't have a chance no matter how "close" the standings are. I really don't see what the big deal is. I wasn't winning. At all. I went like 1-6 my last 7 games. I have a lot of games left against Dubey and Dan. My team was simply not performing well enough to stay ahead of my goalies who, without looking but now I might, are giving up at least 2 full points or more PER game. I made a ton of bad moves to get my team where it was at before the season. Some thought I would compete. I wasn't competing at all. 12 wins and a tie through 30 is not competing. So I needed to get something back, anything. Not like I am tanking since until the trades I had ZERO draft picks for the next draft. If there was an incentive to finish 8th at the end of the season then maybe I stick with it. But there isn't. I would finish, get bounced at some point in the playoffs, and then drop all the players I traded last week, straight to the FA pool and be sitting with less cap for next season and still no picks for the next draft.

Meh, you made some good moves Steve. Did a good job to move your players, considering that there were very few buyers. Dubey and Jay don't need anyone, I have cap issues and Biatch is Biatch. If you had waited a few weeks, you would've likely found absolutely no one willing to buy.Plus, now Ollie is pretty strong, and the season will be much more interesting as we battle for first in the division!

yeah I mean it's remarkable that you found someone to take your guys, I'm just saying I don't really like the state of the league right now. it's a shitty dynamic, mostly a result of all the five year deals they allowed in the first season.

That's a good question. I don't know. It has never come up.
I will probably run into it with all the tier 1's I'm going to have next season and the year afterOH YEAAAAAAAAAAA

I think it'll just be your responsibility to be cap compliant for the current season (upcoming during specific points in the off-season) as laid out in that rule appendix I posted for off-season procedures. If you screw yourself, it's up to you to overpay for a ton of cap, I suppose. If you don't, you're illegal and lose, and face disciplinary action (including removal from the league, because you can't field a competitive lineup, basically).

That's a good question. I don't know. It has never come up.
Pretty sure this came up a year or two ago - I was over the cap ceiling in future years. I don't remember if it was allowed or I was told to get rid of it. That was helpful.
I think we'll start to lose that after this summer. Guys won't be able to sign everyone they auction for 5 years, I don't think.
Probably accurate. I think the big issue last time was with the fact that we didn't have a full auction, I think we just auctioned up to a certain point (I don't remember what that point was) and then had a draft for some reason, so you got guys like Corey Perry and Zach Parise and Shea Weber and Alex Semin going for less than $2 each in salary. With a full auction, player values will be closer to true and you won't be able to re-sign everyone you want to keep.
Pretty sure this came up a year or two ago - I was over the cap ceiling in future years. I don't remember if it was allowed or I was told to get rid of it. That was helpful.
Don't see why not, unless it's so far over that you'll have no chance to ever get it under control, or if you're likely to just bail on your team (which I don't think anyone in the FCHL is).
Probably accurate. I think the big issue last time was with the fact that we didn't have a full auction, I think we just auctioned up to a certain point (I don't remember what that point was) and then had a draft for some reason, so you got guys like Corey Perry and Zach Parise and Shea Weber and Alex Semin going for less than $2 each in salary. With a full auction, player values will be closer to true and you won't be able to re-sign everyone you want to keep.
Yeah, that's my thinking.

OMG, for some reason I found this conversation saved on my computer from msn on a deal between me and Ollie from a couple years ago. its super long but soooo lolz. I highlighted some of the best parts of the conversation so you can skip thru the nonsense. sorry for the colour scheme, im an idiotTo: rinswun@hotmail.comStart Time: 1:40:03 PM; End Time: 1:55:58 PMDan says: (1:40:13 PM)hey did u get my PM? it would be a blockbuster!Ollie says: (1:48:32 PM)hey dan. i did. the framework was fairly good but the major issue with it is that i expect malkin to outscore iginla by a good 30 points in each of the next couple of years so i would need at least 1 more good forward or prospectDan says: (1:49:07 PM)chara though will do a lot better then then johnsonDan says: (1:49:39 PM)and frolik is a lot cheaper then kessel and has more yrsOllie says: (1:49:39 PM)i think that will be a washOllie says: (1:50:16 PM)that is true but kessel will be more productive in the next 2Dan says: (1:50:23 PM)i dont know about thatOllie says: (1:50:36 PM)i doDan says: (1:50:45 PM)frolik is going to explode this yr imoDan says: (1:50:49 PM)kessel still doesnt have a centreOllie says: (1:52:36 PM)kessel scored 30 last year without a centre. florida equally has noone up frontDan says: (1:53:20 PM)well i can give up a prospect but it wont be bergsford or karlssonDan says: (1:53:53 PM)which ones interest uDan says: (1:54:15 PM)that'd be way too much if it was one of themDan says: (1:54:18 PM)i woudl be getting rapedOllie says: (1:54:19 PM)pretty much just those 2 lolDan says: (1:54:53 PM)yur getting set up on the future a lot moreOllie says: (1:54:55 PM)it wouldnt be rape since you get the best players in the deal all roundDan says: (1:55:04 PM)sorry manDan says: (1:55:16 PM)frolik will be hugeOllie says: (1:55:21 PM)yeh but my future is already set up. at some point i need to actually competeDan says: (1:55:23 PM)its hard enough i had to put him in the inital dealOllie says: (1:55:31 PM)lol malkin IS hugeDan says: (1:55:40 PM)i understandDan says: (1:55:44 PM)but his contract is a lotDan says: (1:55:51 PM)in terms of dollar per productionDan says: (1:55:57 PM)frolik is worth moreDan says: (1:56:02 PM)a lot moreOllie says: (1:56:11 PM)it is but in iginla i am taking the biggest albatross contract back in the leagueDan says: (1:56:26 PM)he helped me win an FCHL title!Ollie says: (1:56:29 PM)for 1 year as wellDan says: (1:56:32 PM)and noDan says: (1:56:35 PM)the worst contract is tanguayOllie says: (1:56:35 PM)i didnt realise he was only 1 yearDan says: (1:56:42 PM)thats better its only one yrDan says: (1:56:55 PM)it frees u up for cap space in the two yrs for $15Dan says: (1:57:01 PM)to spend on a big FA like alex ovechkinOllie says: (1:57:11 PM)i dont think i can pull off the deal. i am losing out by like 140 points in the second yearDan says: (1:57:38 PM)lol your exaggeratingOllie says: (1:58:26 PM)malkin will get 120 i reckon and i expect kessel to still outscore frolik by 20 in that yearDan says: (1:58:51 PM)how about thisDan says: (1:59:00 PM)we agree on another player on the farmDan says: (1:59:03 PM)if malkin gets 120Dan says: (1:59:07 PM)and kessel outscores by 20Dan says: (1:59:22 PM)i will give u yur choice of either karlsson or bergsfor at yr endDan says: (1:59:35 PM)it'll be a conditionOllie says: (2:01:14 PM)lol, i like your creativity but i dont like the suggestionDan says: (2:01:18 PM)lol whyDan says: (2:01:28 PM)yur 100% that those things will happenDan says: (2:01:43 PM)if u are so sure, then there is nothing to worry aboutDan says: (2:01:50 PM)u will get yur farm playerOllie says: (2:02:23 PM)yep but i might want to make a trade involving one of those 2 before then or make them a call up etcDan says: (2:02:50 PM)why would u want to trade themDan says: (2:02:54 PM)they are amazingOllie says: (2:03:20 PM)i am considering trading malkin!! lol. he's one of the big 3Dan says: (2:03:36 PM)how about thisDan says: (2:03:42 PM)ill give u one of themDan says: (2:03:47 PM)but then they have a no trade clauseDan says: (2:04:00 PM)and if those two things dont happen, i get him backDan says: (2:04:23 PM)yur smirking!Dan says: (2:04:24 PM)i can tellOllie says: (2:04:26 PM)LOLDan says: (2:04:29 PM)my biatch senseOllie says: (2:04:32 PM)i wasOllie says: (2:04:40 PM)very goodDan says: (2:04:46 PM)u are intriguedOllie says: (2:05:01 PM)i dont want to be hamstrung by an ntc sorryDan says: (2:05:04 PM)omgDan says: (2:05:14 PM)i can put in bergsfor or karlssonDan says: (2:05:16 PM)but then no frolikOllie says: (2:05:46 PM)malkin, kessel, johnson for iginla,frolik,chara and bergfors. that deal looks like a real dealDan says: (2:05:53 PM)lol bahahahaahahaOllie says: (2:06:15 PM)helps every team achieve what they need.Dan says: (2:06:18 PM)not meDan says: (2:06:21 PM)cripples my futureOllie says: (2:07:09 PM)you have a championship. youre gonna win another next year with malkin. unfortunately sometimes you have to give up a little futureDan says: (2:07:17 PM)its no guaranteeDan says: (2:07:21 PM)look at dannygDan says: (2:07:24 PM)he has a million superstarsDan says: (2:07:28 PM)and he sucksDan says: (2:07:31 PM)not bc he is dannygDan says: (2:07:37 PM)but bc of luckOllie says: (2:07:38 PM)giving up 1 prospect isnt 'crippling' either lolDan says: (2:07:43 PM)lol my farm sucksOllie says: (2:07:43 PM)lolOllie says: (2:08:24 PM)you'd still have karlsson. i'd rather have a title and the glory than a good looking farm!Dan says: (2:08:40 PM)id rather have a nice farm...Ollie says: (2:08:54 PM)lolDan says: (2:09:02 PM)im seriousDan says: (2:09:13 PM)guys dont care about championships in this league. look at dumb duane. he's useless.Dan says: (2:09:19 PM)they care about bragging about their shitty farmOllie says: (2:09:27 PM)ship me the prize money and i'll ship u some prospects then!Dan says: (2:09:29 PM)that they made the right trades and pickDan says: (2:09:36 PM)okDan says: (2:09:43 PM)ill ship u $50 for malkinDan says: (2:09:50 PM)do u take full tilt?Dan says: (2:09:52 PM)pokerstars?Ollie says: (2:10:16 PM)lol. stars is goodDan says: (2:10:26 PM)so if i ship u $50Dan says: (2:10:29 PM)u'll give me malkin?Ollie says: (2:11:01 PM)lol. i think it might be against the spirit of the leagueDan says: (2:11:04 PM)bagDan says: (2:11:06 PM)bahOllie says: (2:11:17 PM)shall i post it up and see what people think?! lolDan says: (2:11:21 PM)noDan says: (2:11:27 PM)what about instead of bergsforDan says: (2:11:32 PM)the 2nd round pickDan says: (2:11:35 PM)its mikes. he's a dummy. Dan says: (2:11:39 PM)so thats pretty much a 1stDan says: (2:11:49 PM)this yrs draft is extremely deepDan says: (2:11:59 PM)especially around the 16-20 rangeOllie says: (2:12:17 PM)nah, i have 4 firsts already coming up and i havent done any research past the first 15 guysDan says: (2:12:31 PM)this gives u a reasonOllie says: (2:12:38 PM)lolDan says: (2:13:01 PM)fuccccck im thinking about bergsforDan says: (2:13:09 PM)i really dont want to give him up thoOllie says: (2:13:56 PM)just think about having the beast that is malkin rather the bergforsDan says: (2:14:16 PM)i love baby jagrOllie says: (2:15:12 PM)he doesnt have the magic mullet.Dan says: (2:15:15 PM)im trying to think if i can add anything in my favourDan says: (2:15:22 PM)bc i think its too much to give up bergsforOllie says: (2:15:50 PM)lol. bergfors never even scored a ppg in the ahl!Dan says: (2:16:00 PM)he was on a tear near the end of the yrDan says: (2:16:08 PM)if he sucks so much, then why do u want him?Ollie says: (2:16:50 PM)because my team sucks and he would improve and already bad bunch!Dan says: (2:16:59 PM)yur team is awesomeDan says: (2:17:02 PM)my team is the joke of the leagueDan says: (2:18:31 PM)fuccccckDan says: (2:21:11 PM)this shit hurts my brainOllie says: (2:21:41 PM)lol. go take a break and think about itDan says: (2:21:45 PM)noDan says: (2:21:49 PM)i have hockey soonDan says: (2:21:55 PM)i need to get this shit sorted outDan says: (2:21:57 PM)lolOllie says: (2:22:05 PM)lolDan says: (2:22:07 PM)i wish u had some guys on 1 yr contractsDan says: (2:22:16 PM)everybody is like twoDan says: (2:22:35 PM)the only guy is druryDan says: (2:22:39 PM)but i dont really want himOllie says: (2:22:53 PM)he is a leaderOllie says: (2:23:03 PM)and good on faceoffsDan says: (2:23:09 PM)michael frolik is a leaderDan says: (2:23:16 PM)baby jagr led me to the FCHL titleDan says: (2:24:26 PM)k i figured it outDan says: (2:24:30 PM)we can do yur deal if we addDan says: (2:24:56 PM)blindsides 2nd round pick in 2010Dan says: (2:25:04 PM)and swap corvo for caleDan says: (2:25:05 PM)carleOllie says: (2:25:23 PM)i dont want to add either sorryDan says: (2:25:33 PM)whatOllie says: (2:25:43 PM)i'm hardballing, dannyg style i'm afraidDan says: (2:25:53 PM)what about just the pickDan says: (2:26:11 PM)or just the swapDan says: (2:26:22 PM)corvo for carle is fairDan says: (2:26:29 PM)u are getting the extra player in the dealOllie says: (2:28:52 PM)i dont want to add corvo or move carle and the 2nd rounder is too valuable. imo the deal is already fair on both sides. if it goes through people will probably say youve robbed meDan says: (2:29:03 PM)hhahaha absolutely not!Ollie says: (2:29:45 PM)we;ll se!Dan says: (2:30:44 PM)how about adding corvo and carle?Ollie says: (2:30:56 PM)nope sorryDan says: (2:31:06 PM)well i need something elseDan says: (2:31:10 PM)if i am giving up bergsforOllie says: (2:32:38 PM)youre getting 2 years of malkin. if i dont trade malkin now and wait til next season, i guarentee he'd fetch more than a bergforsDan says: (2:32:49 PM)i doubt itDan says: (2:35:38 PM)k what about a 3rd round pickOllie says: (2:36:47 PM)no picks sorry. as i say. i actually think the deal is fair already and i feel that i would lose the trade if i included anything elseDan says: (2:36:55 PM)fuccccckDan says: (2:37:05 PM)**** itDan says: (2:37:07 PM)i give upDan says: (2:37:10 PM)lets ****ing do this shitDan says: (2:37:13 PM)BAHAHAHADan says: (2:37:26 PM)do we have a deal?Dan says: (2:37:30 PM)ill set it up now?Ollie says: (2:38:10 PM)post up what the deal will be and i'll just double check but i think so yeahDan says: (2:38:24 PM)im only doing the deal if we do it now, i cant wait till foreverDan says: (2:38:39 PM)jarome iginla, zdeno chara, michael frolik, nicky beergsforDan says: (2:38:42 PM)forDan says: (2:38:47 PM)malkin, kessel, johnsonDan says: (2:38:49 PM)thats itOllie says: (2:39:01 PM)i'll double check it now i meanOllie says: (2:39:06 PM)submit itDan says: (2:39:07 PM)does that workDan says: (2:39:10 PM)**** meDan says: (2:40:25 PM)one secOllie says: (2:40:29 PM)the cap should be a wash i think as johnson makes less than chara but kessel makes more than frolik and malkin and iggy get the sameDan says: (2:41:13 PM)i think the cap is a washDan says: (2:41:16 PM)its like $1.25Ollie says: (2:42:03 PM)sureDan says: (2:42:42 PM)just warming up the post so everybody can say how i got rapedOllie says: (2:43:48 PM)lol. i think i'll be the one everyone says got bonedDan says: (2:44:11 PM)no wayOllie says: (2:44:46 PM)i bet daanyg is super pissedDan says: (2:45:19 PM)trade sentDan says: (2:45:30 PM)i wish johnson had more yrsDan says: (2:46:19 PM)its right?Dan says: (2:46:25 PM)i wont make my post till u accept itDan says: (2:47:22 PM)oh ****Ollie says: (2:47:23 PM)it is right. good luckDan says: (2:47:35 PM)oh my godDan says: (2:47:38 PM)what will dannyg sayDan says: (2:47:57 PM)everybody is gunna be sayingDan says: (2:47:58 PM)HOLY SHITOllie says: (2:49:01 PM)danny, will be like 'i would have given more' but he wouldnt. he would have said that then backed outDan says: (2:49:33 PM)hahahaDan says: (2:49:46 PM)everybody is gunna be likeDan says: (2:49:48 PM)HOLY SHITDan says: (2:49:51 PM)i feel sickOllie says: (2:52:42 PM)lol at zach's reactionDan says: (2:52:53 PM)he thinks i won the tradeDan says: (2:52:56 PM)but only bc he is a homerOllie says: (2:53:01 PM)didnt seem that bothered at all!Dan says: (2:53:04 PM)and would put his dick into malkinOllie says: (2:53:09 PM)lolDan says: (2:53:21 PM)i did the numbersDan says: (2:53:25 PM)for free agencyDan says: (2:53:33 PM)about 12 of us have $25+ in capDan says: (2:53:38 PM)and there are only 12 big FA'sOllie says: (2:53:54 PM)yeg, prices are gonna be hugely skewedDan says: (2:53:56 PM)i have a feeling guys like derek roy, like cusp of tier 1Dan says: (2:54:00 PM)are gunna go for like $18Ollie says: (2:54:09 PM)probs yehDan says: (2:54:10 PM)i think ovechkin will go for $30Dan says: (2:54:18 PM)ovechkin, thornton, kovalchuk, marleauDan says: (2:54:19 PM)all $30Dan says: (2:54:40 PM)steve has 47Dan says: (2:54:47 PM)jeff and zach have 40Dan says: (2:54:49 PM)its retardedDan says: (2:54:50 PM)lolDan says: (2:54:59 PM)if jay was smart, he'd sign hossa at $15Dan says: (2:55:04 PM)thats a bargainOllie says: (2:55:13 PM)i think he's signing him like 5 yearsOllie says: (2:55:25 PM)that was his intention when he made the dealOllie says: (2:55:31 PM)i gotta rollDan says: (2:55:36 PM)k later manDan says: (2:55:40 PM)i gotta go to hockey tooDan says: (2:55:41 PM)lateOllie says: (2:55:41 PM)later