Feb 2011 4.40 Challenge

440s can take a flying leap off a bridge.Dealt to ADDILAC299 [Ah Jh]neoli: folds Thiago Vaz81: folds k0tSiO5: raises 1600 to 2400leafnation72: folds ADDILAC299: raises 15362 to 17762 and is all-injonsi-be: folds k0tSiO5: calls 15362*** FLOP *** [Kd Qc Qh]*** TURN *** [Kd Qc Qh] [As]*** RIVER *** [Kd Qc Qh As] [Td]*** SHOW DOWN ***ADDILAC299: shows [Ah Jh] (a straight, Ten to Ace)k0tSiO5: shows [Ks Jd] (a straight, Ten to Ace)ADDILAC299 collected 18387 from potk0tSiO5 collected 18387 from pot*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to ADDILAC299 [Ah 4c]neoli: folds Thiago Vaz81: folds k0tSiO5: folds leafnation72: folds ADDILAC299: raises 19237 to 20237 and is all-injonsi-be: calls 19237*** FLOP *** [8s Tc Kd]*** TURN *** [8s Tc Kd] [3c]*** RIVER *** [8s Tc Kd 3c] [6c]*** SHOW DOWN ***ADDILAC299: shows [Ah 4c] (high card Ace)jonsi-be: shows [Qs Td] (a pair of Tens)jonsi-be collected 41074 from potADDILAC299 finished the tournament in 11th place and received $8.64.jonsi-be said, "I was tired of you good bye"

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts on this one Lisa?PokerStars Game #57134405481: Tournament #361065507, $4.00+$0.40 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XII (500/1000) - 2011/02/04 19:18:50 PT [2011/02/04 22:18:50 ET]Table '361065507 9' 9-max Seat #1 is the buttonSeat 1: leafnation72 (18810 in chips) Seat 2: ADDILAC299 (20337 in chips) Seat 3: jonsi-be (30299 in chips) Seat 4: neoli (13944 in chips) Seat 7: Thiago Vaz81 (55602 in chips) Seat 9: k0tSiO5 (17681 in chips) leafnation72: posts the ante 100ADDILAC299: posts the ante 100jonsi-be: posts the ante 100neoli: posts the ante 100Thiago Vaz81: posts the ante 100k0tSiO5: posts the ante 100ADDILAC299: posts small blind 500jonsi-be: posts big blind 1000*** HOLE CARDS ***neoli: folds Thiago Vaz81: folds k0tSiO5: folds leafnation72: folds ADDILAC299: raises 19237 to 20237 and is all-injonsi-be: calls 19237*** FLOP *** [8s Tc Kd]*** TURN *** [8s Tc Kd] [3c]*** RIVER *** [8s Tc Kd 3c] [6c]*** SHOW DOWN ***ADDILAC299: shows [Ah 4c] (high card Ace)jonsi-be: shows [Qs Td] (a pair of Tens)jonsi-be collected 41074 from potADDILAC299 finished the tournament in 11th place and received $8.64.*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 41074 | Rake 0 Board [8s Tc Kd 3c 6c]Seat 1: leafnation72 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: ADDILAC299 (small blind) showed [Ah 4c] and lost with high card AceSeat 3: jonsi-be (big blind) showed [Qs Td] and won (41074) with a pair of TensSeat 4: neoli folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: Thiago Vaz81 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: k0tSiO5 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
While I'm sure you are just yanking my chain, I'll still bite and respond because I'm a sucker. No problem with this one he has under 15 effective and it folded to him in the small blind with an ace high hand, good spot to steal. I like the shove a lot better than the QTo call 2 off the FT for 2/3s of his stack but in a $4.40 180 it's typical. Even if he knew his BB was calling this wide I still think it's fine.
YOU MEAN GOOD SPOT TO VALUESHOVE SINCE HE IS OBV CALLING WITH QT CUZ HE IS SICK OF ME AMIRITE?
I just edited my post to add even if you knew he was calling this wide I still think your shove was good.
15 where?
EFFECTIVE, unless I figured it wrong which happens.The way I figure it our BB here is 1400 with antes and Fargo has a little over 20K = 14.5 EFFECTIVE BB. Correct me if my Math is wrong.

babylondonks: oh I finished college dropout gonna have to listen to the whole thing again but I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be after all the hype you and tyler gave it ;)such hate ittI still liked it, and I've only listened through the whole thing twice, but I wouldn't say it's miles ahead of late reg...

EFFECTIVE, unless I figured it wrong which happens.The way I figure it our BB here is 1400 with antes and Fargo has a little over 20K = 14.5 EFFECTIVE BB. Correct me if my Math is wrong.
He has 20 big blinds. The guy on the big blind covers him, so his effective stack size is 20 big blinds. What am I missing?
Yeah, DD, I have NO clue what you are talking about. It is 20bb effective.
It is PokerVT training. Take the blinds/antes that are in the pot (2100) and convert to SB/BB (700/1400). Fargo stack = 20k, so your effective BB would be...~14.5BB.So, basically Ax would be an unavoidable shove at 14.5BB. Pretty sure this is what she is talking about.
Even if he knew his BB was calling this wide I still think it's fine.
Isn't knowing that someone is calling with QT there more of a reason to shove and not a reason to hesitate?

I think 15 teams is a pretty good turnout since at first it seemed like there wasn't any interest. I'm still pissed that jamzdotman didn't sign up after starting the initial thread.

I think 15 teams is a pretty good turnout since at first it seemed like there wasn't any interest. I'm still pissed that jamzdotman didn't sign up after starting the initial thread.
14, I'm not playing.

You all can kiss my ass! I'm sorry I was stupid enough to take the bait and reply to Kobe's post. I thought this forum was better than 2+2 but you all are just as bad or worse! I've said many times I certainly don't consider myself a great player in anyway. I work on my game and try to learn and improve. I joined PokerVT to learn and while I've learned a lot from the pros and other members there I still have plenty to learn. Good forums are good place to learn from better players. I wrongly thought this forum had good players whom I could learn from, unfortunately I have been proven wrong! While there are plenty of good players (and a few nice people) here there are too many people here who prefer to be total assholes to others instead of being helpful. I will not be posting any more, other than my $4.40 games in the tournament tracker, because even though I would prefer not to finish I committed to Rose to be her teammate and I don't bale on people. I can finish the challenge without having anything to do with this forum.If anyone is wondering why participation is down on FCP I think this pretty answers the question. CovairShaggy, thank you for trying to explain to these know it alls. Effective big blinds is just another way of looking at M. PokerTracker3 HUD can even be set with a either an M stat or an effective BB stat displayed on your HUD. M is already in the stats but there is a formula you can put in to give your effective BB instead. I have no idea why Rose puts up with you all. I certainly don't intend to.

dEF9m2tRn-rEpDOxc3aX.pngkeep up the good analysis tho, you're a hero.
really, i don't understand why people give you smart ass replies!
GUYS SHUT UP YOU'RE CLEARLY NOT AS GOOD AS YOU THINK YOU ARE AND DIAMOND DIXI HAS POKERVT TRAINING AND TALKS TO THE POKERVT COACHES THEREFORE WE SHOULD BOW TO HER./run-on sentence.
Obviously it's your choice, but you could just as easily ignore the dbags above.Update: 6/7 at my FT

Those weren't the only ones and I tried to have a thick skin and just ignore them yesterday. I'm just not interested in participating on a forum where I everything I say is ridiculed and made fun of. I participate on poker forums to learn from better players and forums I enjoy being a part of. I'm certainly not enjoying this and when all the comments are mostly vague smartass replies instead of people properly explaining themselves so I understand where I'm wrong then I'm not learning either, so why bother. Good luck Tom you seem like a decent guy!

Out in 7th.
Tried to find you on Stars but couldn't so checked back to see how you did! Maybe I can say good game Tom without getting flamed!

you guys are so bad, you obviously met your match in Dixie and she can talk the walk. There are times I am ashamed of knowing some of you, times like this. boys will be boys but some of you never do grow up, quite sad actually