Lexus Rx Vs Toyota Highlander Vs Jeep Grand Cherokee

I've always received amazing advice from FCP. Because I have dogs, I need to get an suv. My three choices are listed above. Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated.
I hear dogs prefer Land Rovers...DOG.JPGgrAltDriver.jpeg

Those are bad options, since none are American cars, and that's where you should be putting your money. You can immediately throw out the Jeep if you plan on keeping it more than 5 years. Are you buying these new? If you're buying them used, then you don't even need to look at the Jeep, it's a pile of crap, especially the transmission. The Jeep will be ok if you buy it new and sell it in year 4.

BG is a good man. Ford was #1, in 2010, in initial quality among all brands of vehicles, including Toyota (which makes Lexus).

BG is a good man. Ford was #1, in 2010, in initial quality among all brands of vehicles, including Toyota (which makes Lexus).
And no bail out money.Good stock pick too right now
Good stock pick too right now
Don't you dare jinx this. I have WAY too high of a percentage of my stocks in Ford and BP... and I'm currently KILLING it.
Don't you dare jinx this. I have WAY too high of a percentage of my stocks in Ford and BP... and I'm currently KILLING it.
Got to looking closer after I posted, I think you could make the argument that they ( Ford ) are at their high and will plateau. Might want to move all your money into Poker Tech. Just buy it and buy it no matter how high it goes.Let me know when you are done so I can dump...
Those are bad options, since none are American cars, and that's where you should be putting your money.
What? why? If they're better, then fine, but are you suggesting he buy something american if it is not the best option? And if it is the best option, why does it matter where it was made?
What? why? If they're better, then fine, but are you suggesting he buy something american if it is not the best option? And if it is the best option, why does it matter where it was made?
Because America is the land of the brave, the home of the free. Where a man can drive a car burning Iraqi oil and laugh. Where spitting on the rest of the world isn't looked down on like the rest of the world.America, the place where freedom was born, where computers were invented, where the biggest men date the prettiest girls. Where you can order a hamburger that would feed a small village, and get a side of freedom fries just because you love ketchup so freaking much.America, where a man has a dog, who can ride in his pick up, keeping the foreigners at bay by barking his fool head off as you drive down a 12 lane road on your way to a Bass Pro Shop for some pork rinds.America, where a car means you're a man, and a motorcycle means you don't care. Where a boat is a reason to drink beer, and bowling shoes are things of beauty.America, it's the land I live in...if you don't want it, then get out!
You should probably drive a Prius vb...or maybe a Vespa.
He sounds like a Saab or Volvo guy...

The RX and the highlander are same vehicle, other than superficialities. If seat quality and other luxuries are things you value, then Go for the rx. The Lexus will be considerably more expensive, for those superficialities and the brand. But it also should have a better resale value ( not that toyota has a bad resell value or anything).

I am on year 6 with my Jeep and I have had only one or two minor problems (and no problems with the transmission). Before this Jeep, I had a Lexus Rx and that was the better vehicle definitely but I might pick a Jeep is the money difference was big enough.No idea on the highlander sorry.

I am on year 6 with my Jeep and I have had only one or two minor problems (and no problems with the transmission). Before this Jeep, I had a Lexus Rx and that was the better vehicle definitely but I might pick a Jeep is the money difference was big enough.No idea on the highlander sorry.
Ok. What did you like better about the lexus? Any reason you didn't opt for another one?

Thanks for the input so far guys.I really like the pic of the cherokee and highlander.I'm not opposed to buying American. I really like the fact that ford has stood on it's own this whole time. I drove the escape and didn't really care for it. I do need to drive the new explorer and edge. In all fairness though, I'm pretty sure that ford doesn't make all of there cars in the US. I thought they were made in Mexico, India, etc. I could be wrong though. I'm certainly not opposed to buying American. But I have to buy something that I like.The basics........I will most likely lease, however, the highlander I might buy.I've always had coupes/sports cars in the past. BMW, driving an Audi right now.What's important to me.........Comfort is #1. Quality of ride is #2. Looks are #3. 2 and 3 are a tie. Having said that, I'm leaning toward the lexus. A lot of it depends on price.

Ok. What did you like better about the lexus? Any reason you didn't opt for another one?
Lexus is just nicer in the interior (luxury car brand and all). I did not get another because it felt like a "mom car" or "grocery getter" and I wanted something a little younger feeling.
I have the 4 Door Wrangler (JK) Unlimited and Love it. Perfect dog car. Great balance between cool factor, capability, and daily driver. And as American as it gets. I drove a 2 Door Wrangler (TJ) for about 10 years and had zero unplanned maintenance. Zero. Loved that Car, just way too small. The JK is much more vehicle with the same vibe. Previous to that I drove a Range Rover. Great great great vehicle, but maintenance was expensive as hell. But I really liked that vehicle. I also drove a Pathfinder for a few years and liked it a lot too.

It's important to note that outliers exist in statistics. VB: American made cars were #1 in initial quality for the first time in 24 years last year. They have been making steady gains throughout the 00's, and are now #1. This includes GM.. but Ford was the overall #1. I'm just one of those suckers that thinks that keeping our money in-house, when it's already the best quality, is a good move for our country. However, if American cars were poor quality, then I would be on your side, and say, "until you guys make better cars, my money is going there." That's the beauty of the capitalist system.

i had a lexus rx 400h and it was the best car i've had so fax, i've owned a pathfinder lx, QX4, jeep cherokee, and bmw all suvs and the lexus is head and shoulders better than all of themride is amazing, power is very instant, head lights are super if you drive lots a night and on roads without street lights, never a problem as long as i owned it, would highly suggest the lexusonly down side i found was that it does need actual snow tires and not all seasons if you drive in the snow a lot