Lexus Rx Vs Toyota Highlander Vs Jeep Grand Cherokee

It's important to note that outliers exist in statistics. VB: American made cars were #1 in initial quality for the first time in 24 years last year. They have been making steady gains throughout the 00's, and are now #1. This includes GM.. but Ford was the overall #1. I'm just one of those suckers that thinks that keeping our money in-house, when it's already the best quality, is a good move for our country. However, if American cars were poor quality, then I would be on your side, and say, "until you guys make better cars, my money is going there." That's the beauty of the capitalist system.
I agree, that's why I thought it would be hypocritical to suggest people buy american if they weren't the best option. Simply buying the best quality car takes care of this if what you say is true. I owned a Jeep Wrangler for many years but I can't think of an american car I really like aside from that one.
i had a lexus rx 400h and it was the best car i've had so fax, i've owned a pathfinder lx, QX4, jeep cherokee, and bmw all suvs and the lexus is head and shoulders better than all of themride is amazing, power is very instant, head lights are super if you drive lots a night and on roads without street lights, never a problem as long as i owned it, would highly suggest the lexusonly down side i found was that it does need actual snow tires and not all seasons if you drive in the snow a lot
This was really helpful. Thanks. Much appreciated.
BG is a good man. Ford was #1, in 2010, in initial quality among all brands of vehicles, including Toyota (which makes Lexus).
American made cars were #1 in initial quality for the first time in 24 years last year.
What? Which is it? Ford #1 or American made cars are #1? And what constitutes an American made car? Does a Ford made in Mexico count as American made? Does my Accord which was made in Ohio by Americans fall under American?JD Powers is the definitive resource for what you are touting but they don't come close to rating it like you are claiming. Actually so far only Business Week puts Ford at #1 from what I can find and they themselves state that JD is the definitive source and that this was a little survey they had some firm create. Porsche is the #1 automaker in initial quality for 2010 followed by Acura, Mercedes, Lexus, and then Ford. GM is still sitting under the industry average. Nice try though.2010_jdpower_iqs_2.jpg

Boy Land Rovers suckAnd what does initial mean? Best for the first 2 weeks or ownership?That word seems to change the meaning of the graphs for me, like it almost makes them irrelevant.

Boy Land Rovers suckAnd what does initial mean? Best for the first 2 weeks or ownership?That word seems to change the meaning of the graphs for me, like it almost makes them irrelevant.
From JD Powers...J.D. Power and Associates definition of "Initial Quality" includes design factors -- such as the usability of various features -- as well as problems like things not working right or loose-fitting parts. Owners are surveyed 90 days after purchasing their cars and scores are tabulated based on "problems per 100 vehicles." Initial Quality has proven to be a good predictor of long term dependability, according to J.D. Power and other industry sources.
From JD Powers...J.D. Power and Associates definition of "Initial Quality" includes design factors -- such as the usability of various features -- as well as problems like things not working right or loose-fitting parts. Owners are surveyed 90 days after purchasing their cars and scores are tabulated based on "problems per 100 vehicles." Initial Quality has proven to be a good predictor of long term dependability, according to J.D. Power and other industry sources.
90 days..seems to be a bit irrelevant, I mean I loved my car for the first couple months. After 6 months it was just a car, and my opinion was much less tempered by the new car smell.Of course since all the cars were equally new, this should negate any advantage over any car, but I prefer Consumer Reports reports on reliability ratings on all different parts of the car.

"Ford Motor Co ranked No. 1 for new car quality among mass-market brands while recall-hit Toyota Motor Corp plunged in a closely watched quality survey released Thursday.Toyota, grappling with a series of damaging recalls, fell below the industry average to place 21st in the influential study by J.D. Power and Associates – its lowest ranking since the survey started 24 years ago.Ford, the only U.S. and Canadian automaker to avoid bankruptcy and a government bailout, climbed three spots to rank fifth – the highest place Ford has achieved in the study.U.S.-based automakers on average scored higher initial quality than foreign brands for the first time in 24 years."Apparently the story, I read months ago, excluded small market luxury vehicles. Thanks for pointing that out for us Angry Steve!

"Ford Motor Co ranked No. 1 for new car quality among mass-market brands while recall-hit Toyota Motor Corp plunged in a closely watched quality survey released Thursday.Toyota, grappling with a series of damaging recalls, fell below the industry average to place 21st in the influential study by J.D. Power and Associates – its lowest ranking since the survey started 24 years ago.Ford, the only U.S. and Canadian automaker to avoid bankruptcy and a government bailout, climbed three spots to rank fifth – the highest place Ford has achieved in the study.U.S.-based automakers on average scored higher initial quality than foreign brands for the first time in 24 years."Apparently, the story I read months ago was excluding nice cars. Thanks for pointing that out for us Angry Steve!
Well, there's lies, damned lies, and statistics.